Forums
April 30, 2024, 01:37 PM

Poll

Do you want to change the current bng scheme?

Yes
10 (66.7%)
No hurr durr i'm an idiot
5 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Change BnG to No rules bng  (Read 775 times)

Offline Sbaffo

Change BnG to No rules bng
« on: April 17, 2024, 07:20 PM »
Just do it already, bng with his nonexistent rules and shit has bored the hell out of everyone, it's like the scheme that causes the most complaints every league game, enough of it.

We can also discuss how the new scheme should be, e.g. we could remove all those things like auto reaim and aim lock but keep the 9 sec fuse, express your opinion here, even through racist epithets if you want to

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Change BnG to No rules bng
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2024, 07:25 PM »
I've voted yes, I was going to do this myself soon but it's actually nice that someone else did it on their own accord!

So, my vote would go towards the NrBnG K scheme, though I'm not fussed if we lose the auto-reaim, anti-power, etc. I'd like to keep 9s though, it opens up nice possibilities.

With NrBnG as well, we would see the maps evolve to open up the bottom kind of as wel. You know how you make a BnG map with a Team17 cavern map? Delete top & fill bottom, well it's the same you just don't fill bottom. Since darksiding is allowed and sitters, it gives alternative tactics as well, you could hide down bottom, but then it's easy to throw 5s+ sitters to open up.

Offline Peja

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2024, 07:56 PM »
sbaffo adora l´ananas sulla pizza

Offline Wolfgang

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2024, 08:27 PM »
i found this schemme very fun actually
16:26: Husks> tell now xD more demon soul cannot be wolfy MAYBE??? 
16:26: TaG`Wolfgang> DUNNO IF IM WOLFY OR A DEMON 
16:27: Husks> GO DEMON AWAY FROM MY FRIENDMATE WOLFGANG CONCHETUMARE!!!!!!!!!!1111111111 LEAVEEEEEE 
16:27: TaG`Wolfgang> xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2024, 09:43 PM »
sbaffo adora l´ananas sulla pizza

Pure tu madre a pecora

Offline Sensei

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2024, 10:06 PM »
BnG actually need more rules, but strict ones (a2b league).
No rules scheme might be fun, sure.. but, why change it for the league? Let's change ttrr into ldet, batty thing too then. Remove all competitivity out of every scheme and let's just bounce worms around however we want. You'd probably be first to get bored of that kind of league, Sbaffo. But sure, let's try it out.

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2024, 11:58 PM »
You don’t see the logic here, schemes like ttrr/roper/wxw have few but precise rules, while bng has too many rules, some of them are just straight up arbitrary (they’re not written anywhere, but you have to abide them): You can use 4 sec because rules allow it, but then people call you lame, you can’t decide if a nade is a sitter coz you have to wait for the game to end and then check the replay. Darkside rule is not clear, the straight zook rule is not clear as well. All these rules are arbitrary and make bng a boring scheme, these rules make 0 sense. Removing all these rules somehow makes the scheme more competitive and it even opens to new surprising strats.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 12:02 AM by Sbaffo »

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2024, 12:14 AM »
I've voted yes, I was going to do this myself soon but it's actually nice that someone else did it on their own accord!

So, my vote would go towards the NrBnG K scheme, though I'm not fussed if we lose the auto-reaim, anti-power, etc. I'd like to keep 9s though, it opens up nice possibilities.

With NrBnG as well, we would see the maps evolve to open up the bottom kind of as wel. You know how you make a BnG map with a Team17 cavern map? Delete top & fill bottom, well it's the same you just don't fill bottom. Since darksiding is allowed and sitters, it gives alternative tactics as well, you could hide down bottom, but then it's easy to throw 5s+ sitters to open up.
definitely not that scheme, most people hate auto reaim and anti power, also i can think of annoying things happening with teleporting on peoples heads, but so far its just been fun.  9 sec fuses are good too.

Offline xSniperx

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2024, 08:21 AM »
Personally, if you remove rules from BNG i will not play it in any league, Fuse increase to do wacky shots sure. no re-aim, sure - things i think must be carried over is no sitters and distance between players.
Rollers are fine , always have been and crying about them is retarded.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2024, 02:00 PM »
definitely not that scheme, most people hate auto reaim and anti power, also i can think of annoying things happening with teleporting on peoples heads, but so far its just been fun.  9 sec fuses are good too.

I haven't seen 1 single person complain about them, until now, which is you. Which makes sense because you're the only one who keeps forgetting about them in matches lmao! Or actually KRD mentioned he wasn't keen on them either, but he would take issue with anything BnG related so that doesn't count lol. :D

Personally, if you remove rules from BNG i will not play it in any league,

I don't think individual threats of quitting are going to do much good at this stage, clearly more people want a big change to BnG and it's happening sooner or later. Even I'm fed up with the current stupidity that is Classic BnG... I was more against it than anyone ever, I'm the one who fought against these changes time and time again... This is where BnG is headed in order to be fun and liked again by more than less.

Granted there are a few people who aren't keen on this change, but generally speaking you always get a minority against changes, regardless of what the change is. But! I think they will improve the Leagues for every scheme...

As in, each scheme has a mandatory standard scheme, for BnG it could be NrBnG, then however, players can choose to agree on a different variation... So they could agree to play TUS Classic scheme/rules, a2b scheme/rules or BnG Akimbo scheme/rules.

For Roper, you've got TUS Classic, but players could agree on ZaR or the W2 variant. For Big RR players could use the standard, then agree to Big Batty RR or Big Rubber RR. Hysteria could choose to play with no piling allowed, but all of these has a standard in case players cannot agree.

Online MeTonaTOR

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2024, 02:15 PM »
Wont even vote coz im not an idiot, coglione.
Basically lets remove all rules from all schemes, coz why not, more entertaining!!!!111!11
<Asbest> alright im too sleepy, i seen too many idiots today. i hope no one will get what i got. have a good night
* Asbest (~Asbest@5b606b87.bfe48da6.6c2d5d00.IP4) Quit (Quit)
<StepS> party
<OutofOrder> ♫♪♫♪ \o/ _o/ \o\  /o/ ♫♪♪♫
<Bamboy> ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
<StepS> (≧▽≦)
<Bamboy> ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
<WTF-8> ( . )   ( . )

Online Triad

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2024, 02:22 PM »
If the majority wants a no rule variant, it might be better to start a new poll asking what kind of NrBnG they want (like no rules at all, or with some rules like no invading and no anti full power).

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2024, 02:39 PM »
Wont even vote coz im not an idiot, coglione.
Basically lets remove all rules from all schemes, coz why not, more entertaining!!!!111!11

Sempre scemo rimani! :D

I know the idea of removing rules from bng sound like a drastic change but trust me, the gameplay doesn't change that much;

if you don't like getting sitter'd or rollered just pick a good hide instead of camping in the same stupid hole
if you're worried about players teleporting on you just counter their teleport with a better teleport
if you're worried about players darksiding on the bottom of the map, just teleport near them and dig an hole by throwing some grenades

Lastly i want it to become the main scheme, not the variant, old bng has to go or at least become a variant of itself, don't wanna hear people crying over some 4 sec roller or shit like that, i'm just tired about it. I don't know why some people expect to play a2b in this league... it's like asking to play wxw/roper and force your opponent to do tricks just because you don't think his turn was stiliysh enough, just stop it already, nobody cares about your 5 lg max bounce bank shot jesus christ omg just throw some f@#!ing nades

Offline xSniperx

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2024, 02:41 PM »
I haven't seen 1 single person complain about them, until now, which is you. Which makes sense because you're the only one who keeps forgetting about them in matches lmao! Or actually KRD mentioned he wasn't keen on them either, but he would take issue with anything BnG related so that doesn't count lol. :D

I don't think individual threats of quitting are going to do much good at this stage, clearly more people want a big change to BnG and it's happening sooner or later. Even I'm fed up with the current stupidity that is Classic BnG... I was more against it than anyone ever, I'm the one who fought against these changes time and time again... This is where BnG is headed in order to be fun and liked again by more than less.

Granted there are a few people who aren't keen on this change, but generally speaking you always get a minority against changes, regardless of what the change is. But! I think they will improve the Leagues for every scheme...

As in, each scheme has a mandatory standard scheme, for BnG it could be NrBnG, then however, players can choose to agree on a different variation... So they could agree to play TUS Classic scheme/rules, a2b scheme/rules or BnG Akimbo scheme/rules.

For Roper, you've got TUS Classic, but players could agree on ZaR or the W2 variant. For Big RR players could use the standard, then agree to Big Batty RR or Big Rubber RR. Hysteria could choose to play with no piling allowed, but all of these has a standard in case players cannot agree.

"I don't think individual threats"
What are you even talking about, i shared my opinion on a topic asking for opinions.... on a message board .. i even started my reply with "personally" to ensure it's taken as my opinion. it's not in any way a threat. i really can see why this community is dying and it's you. for the three months I've been back reading this forum you self insert and alienate anyone who doesn't share your opinions. don't bother replying to this, i won't read it. i appreciate your passion and commitment to this game but for someones who spend his life typing on message boards you're considerably bad at actually talking to people. you'll never see me on this site again.

Online MeTonaTOR

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2024, 02:52 PM »
Sempre scemo rimani! :D

Grz, anche noi ti amiamo :3
<Asbest> alright im too sleepy, i seen too many idiots today. i hope no one will get what i got. have a good night
* Asbest (~Asbest@5b606b87.bfe48da6.6c2d5d00.IP4) Quit (Quit)
<StepS> party
<OutofOrder> ♫♪♫♪ \o/ _o/ \o\  /o/ ♫♪♪♫
<Bamboy> ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
<StepS> (≧▽≦)
<Bamboy> ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
<WTF-8> ( . )   ( . )