Forums
May 28, 2024, 08:56 PM

Author Topic: Changing Classic League Schemes  (Read 24904 times)

Offline darKz

Re: Changing Classic League Schemes
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2012, 06:25 AM »
I see your point Flori and I would agree to remove Shopper if it was as roping-based as wXw is.. Shopper is more about using weapons to their full potential, knocking and piling. Many find wXw more interesting/fun because of the speedy roping part and that's their reason for badmouthing Shopper while in reality taking away the speed roping part leaves more time for knocking (a much underestimated skill by the way) and a proper attack. With a good scheme and map it's deeper as you might think. I'm all for rebalancing the Shopper scheme but definitely against removing it.

About Big RR, I know it's a different kind of roping but it's really much much more similar to RR. It would also destroy the default-roping-equilibrium. :)
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2012, 08:29 AM »
Saying Shopper and WxW are very similar is like saying Elite and T17 are very similar.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline fr4nk

« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2012, 09:51 AM »
You should considerate the "maps" aspect too. If you choose an hard shopper map, it needs many skills.

[15:52:06] [avirex`mm] worms is not my life, u f@#!ing loser

Offline Random00

« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2012, 11:43 AM »
Saying Shopper and WxW are very similar is like saying Elite and T17 are very similar.

I couldnt agree more!

« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2012, 12:17 PM »
add bo1 intermediate

Don't forget Bo2 (with the option to play Bo3 if both players want to), franz.

That's definitely the way to go for TUS as far as I'm concerned. Darío and Mab both seem to support the idea and they're, well, Darío and Mab.

Offline Flori

« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2012, 01:19 PM »
I see your point Flori and I would agree to remove Shopper if it was as roping-based as wXw is..
About Big RR, I know it's a different kind of roping but it's really much much more similar to RR. It would also destroy the default-roping-equilibrium. :)
Well is there a default-roping-equilibrium as shoppa isnt based on rope ? Makes ttrr/roper/wxw based on rope and elite/t17/bng/hyst default. Shoppa is somewhere between ? My fingers says 3.5 schemes based on rope, 4.5 based on default.

Offline darKz

« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2012, 01:59 PM »
Don't twist words in my mouth, I never said Shopper was not a roping scheme. You have infinite ropes so it's quite obvious that it's exactly that. It's just not about roping very quick from spot A to spot B (we got 3 schemes covering this roping aspect) but rather about knocking, using weapons to their full potential etc, as I already said. :P
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2012, 01:27 AM »
I don't read the entire thread but I think that my opinion will fit here;

Well, If you want to be a good player in classic league a "pr0" then learn Hysteria, if you are playing classic league you must learn every scheme, hysteria has lot of tatics this is only boring and bad scheme for those who are lazy asses and don't want to learn it, removing scheme which you don't liek can't handle it.
And luck? Luck is there, you can't remove and/or decide who gonna receive it, even in TTRR sometimes luck can help you when your chute open and the wind push you closer to the map and you can't shot your rope, thats an example of luck (or bad luck).
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Flori

« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2012, 01:41 AM »
kaleu the main problem of hysteria is that every game can last 1 hour if both player are never bored and play their "life".

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2012, 02:12 AM »
I don't think so, I never seen a Hysteria match that lasted so long, because always someon will get bored and because it there's 10 seconds for sudden death, if your opponent is hiding in the side of the map and you find it stressful to hit, just skip some turns and the water will come up forcing him to tele.

edit: I don't undesrtood your post aswell, I just answered by my way, maybe I missed something in past posts, I'm sorry if it happened, anyway my opinion was given.  ;)

→ The best of Kaleu ←

« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2012, 06:46 AM »
A lot of people who are experienced in hysteria have come out and pointed out the flaws of the scheme. Please stop saying we're against hysteria because we don't understand it/are too lazy to learn the right tactics.

<-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2012, 07:03 AM »
You do.

→ The best of Kaleu ←

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2012, 09:37 AM »
kaleu the main problem of hysteria is that every game can last 1 hour if both player are never bored and play their "life".

That isn't everyones problem, that's YOUR problem, i've seen other schemes take ridiculously long times to finish, if 2 guys, want to play Hysterias for 1 hour, because they enjoy it so much, who the hell are you, or anyone, to stop them? Let them play it the way they want, and you play it the way you want.

Offline Free

« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2012, 09:43 AM »

That isn't everyones problem, that's YOUR problem, i've seen other schemes take ridiculously long times to finish, if 2 guys, want to play Hysterias for 1 hour, because they enjoy it so much, who the hell are you, or anyone, to stop them? Let them play it the way they want, and you play it the way you want.

And then we complain how Intermediate shouldn't be added cos it takes too long.

Not everyone ENJOYS hour long hysterias but your opponent can FORCE you to play hour long hysteria unless you want to force SD which gives your opponent 10 free attacks and usually the best part of the map to control.

Offline darKz

« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2012, 09:57 AM »
Basically what Free said. Kaleu, read the thread before you post nonsense, Komo already said Hysteria has super special tactics to offer which noone knows about, but what he was actually talking about were his awesome and supreme BnG skills. What's your special tactic? Fingerroll? Don't make me laugh.
~ Dubc 2010