Forums
May 28, 2024, 07:31 PM

Author Topic: Changing Classic League Schemes  (Read 24902 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Changing Classic League Schemes
« Reply #165 on: July 07, 2012, 10:55 PM »
Shy, I do what I need to, nothing more, most of my opponents are easy, BnG defeats them fast.

I know what I am doing lol, you obviously don't.

Oh, and, well done for pointing out the obvious, I use my strengths lol, and that Hysteria involves alot of BnG, well done smart guy #1.

ShyGuy, you have watched a few games, I imagine from what you said, were very easy games for me because my opponents didn't make me do much.

If you were to watch EVERY single one of my Hysteria games i'd ever played, and saw it from my point of view, had my imagination and sparks of ideas and tactics, you would understand, there ARE little things I do, and plan in advance in some games, that most people don't even realise, and I ain't gonna give away my secrets unless you notice them for yourself, but if you aren't willing to watch every single one of my games, and if you don't pick up on the things I do(when they need to be done, or I deem neccessary), or go figure out for yourself, then don't make such claims, and then you will just have to accept you will never know, and will keep your opinions as they are.

The only thing I can think of in terms of the hiding at sides and the "cat n mouse chase" with both worms like 10-20hp waiting on the "1 shot" is kinda like playing poker, you can bluff in Hysteria, did you realise that?

I dare you to say Poker isn't competitive.

« Reply #166 on: July 07, 2012, 11:21 PM »
Shy, I do what I need to, nothing more, most of my opponents are easy, BnG defeats them fast.

Oh, and, well done for pointing out the obvious, I use my strengths lol, and that Hysteria involves alot of BnG, well done smart guy #1.

Bottom line is hysteria almost always comes down to 1v1 bng, and we already have a scheme for that.  

I never accused you of not knowing what you're doing.  You simply know what everyone else knows about hysteria tactics, and it shows in your replays.  I've seen you get rotation raped just like everyone else does, I didn't see any special tactics from you that prevented that.  

ShyGuy, you have watched a few games, I imagine from what you said, were very easy games for me because my opponents didn't make me do much.

You actually lost one of them, someone got the luckyshotgg on you. after about 6 minutes

The only thing I can think of in terms of the hiding at sides and the "cat n mouse chase" with both worms like 10-20hp waiting on the "1 shot" is kinda like playing poker, you can bluff in Hysteria, did you realise that?

Here you go again trying to make a point with no backbone.  You are seriously trying to link a small, debatable similarity between hysteria and poker, and say hysteria is competitive because poker is? zzzzz come on man, that's such poor logic.  What is a bluff in hysteria? I'm guessing it is hiding out in the open to draw your opponent out.  Or is it just stupidity hiding out in the open with 10-20 hp left?  Can't wait to hear your answer

« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 11:34 PM by ShyGuy »
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #167 on: July 07, 2012, 11:23 PM »
I've edited my last post, i'm off to sleep now.

End-game Hysteria has different outcomes than just 1v1 BnG, some players like to get in close and try all sorts.

Being rotate raped isn't something I don't realise is happening, or don't plan for either.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #168 on: July 07, 2012, 11:28 PM »
Darkz what is the problem in Komo saying he pwns at BnG? He really does lol.
And my post was not nonsense, you and others just don't like the scheme, there's nothing wrong with it, you only must be smart to play it.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

« Reply #169 on: July 07, 2012, 11:44 PM »
I edited my post, too, Komo

Darkz what is the problem in Komo saying he pwns at BnG? He really does lol.
And my post was not nonsense, you and others just don't like the scheme, there's nothing wrong with it, you only must be smart to play it.

Why was your post not nonsense? Why do you think we just don't like the scheme, even after we shot down that statement? Why is there nothing wrong with it? Why you only must be smart to play it?  Why do you keep saying things without reason? 

If people are just going to blindly call us selfish and accuse us of not liking the scheme, I'm going to start getting down on their intellectual level and use the same type of argument.

You guys just want to keep hysteria as it is because you like it.  You're all selfish.  Isn't this just a great, worthwhile argument to read? 

<-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline darKz

« Reply #170 on: July 07, 2012, 11:52 PM »
He does own at BnG Sniper but what does that have to do with this topic? That's right Sherlock, nothing.

Provide us with some insight on how to play smart Hysteria then. I reckon you've read the thread? How do you win your Hysterias? Is it the luckshotgg method? Or do you prefer the teleport until your opponent is bored way?
Do you realize that many games end because one side decides to just do or die because they can't be arsed to teleport around the map for another 30 minutes?

Take two players who are really good at Hysteria - for example Random and Gabriel. They play 10 Hysterias, trying to win at all cost and never take risks (which includes not forcing SD). How long do you think they're going to just teleport around the map in those 10 Hysterias?
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Free

« Reply #171 on: July 07, 2012, 11:55 PM »

If you were to watch EVERY single one of my Hysteria games i'd ever played, and saw it from my point of view, had my imagination and sparks of ideas and tactics, you would understand, there ARE little things I do, and plan in advance in some games, that most people don't even realise, and I ain't gonna give away my secrets unless you notice them for yourself, but if you aren't willing to watch every single one of my games, and if you don't pick up on the things I do(when they need to be done, or I deem neccessary), or go figure out for yourself, then don't make such claims, and then you will just have to accept you will never know, and will keep your opinions as they are.

Aaand you still don't answer my question.

It's one my biggest suggestions WHY hysteria can't be classed as competitive scheme, yet you don't say any counter-argument.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #172 on: July 08, 2012, 12:17 AM »
He does own at BnG Sniper but what does that have to do with this topic? That's right Sherlock, nothing.

Provide us with some insight on how to play smart Hysteria then. I reckon you've read the thread? How do you win your Hysterias? Is it the luckshotgg method? Or do you prefer the teleport until your opponent is bored way?
Do you realize that many games end because one side decides to just do or die because they can't be arsed to teleport around the map for another 30 minutes?

Take two players who are really good at Hysteria - for example Random and Gabriel. They play 10 Hysterias, trying to win at all cost and never take risks (which includes not forcing SD). How long do you think they're going to just teleport around the map in those 10 Hysterias?

Watch my replays and take your own conclusions, those ways you wrote is Hysteria style, everything for the win..

btw I was 3rd Hyst overall 1 week ago, I need take my place again since I'm not playing TUS classic, very rarely I play some TUS against some noob.

→ The best of Kaleu ←

Offline darKz

« Reply #173 on: July 08, 2012, 12:28 AM »
I rest my case, you guys make a great couple, posting stuff without an explanation or facts to back shit up.

You're f@#!ing fanboys and don't wanna see the truth because for some strange reason you still enjoy competitive Hysteria even though it's really not worlds apart from Comet Dodging, when SD kicks in anyway.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Free

« Reply #174 on: July 08, 2012, 12:31 AM »

Watch my replays and take your own conclusions, those ways you wrote is Hysteria style, everything for the win..

btw I was 3rd Hyst overall 1 week ago, I need take my place again since I'm not playing TUS classic, very rarely I play some TUS against some noob.

Well since your such a Hysteria pro, what you have to say about this example and if it has much tactics involved. I force SD, wait for optimal spot to tele when water is rising, and then we can gamble who hits the last shot.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #175 on: July 08, 2012, 01:49 AM »
I have nothing to say, the scheme is good as it is, learn first then after blame.

→ The best of Kaleu ←

Offline Peja

« Reply #176 on: July 08, 2012, 01:55 AM »
its normal people like differents things, especially in a league like with 8 more or less different schemes.
if you want to proof hysteria is not competetive you need to show that the scheme can not produce league worthy stats. i cant see any indicator in the winning ratios for this.

all other points just show personal dislikes/styles from various players or are just poorly thought out.
best example: we already have a scheme for bng. with this argument you could also delete wxw/roper.

i also dont get why people talk about nice shots should be more rewarded. you can also do a hyper nice plop in elite/shopper/ or insane kill in roper and the reward will be the same as in hysteria >>>>> the opponent will pile your worms. its basic, get over it. many people dont use the oppurtunity for nice attacks on purpose because they dont want to have a disadvantage on the long term. but noone complains about it.hysteria is not bng thats why jetpack atatcks from close distance after a telepile are fine. sure its more skill to hit someone from distance, but you wont use a nade to finish a game in elite when u have airstrike or missile left. u have the jetpack only in hysteria, would be stupid not use it. same goes for 50 hp damage in elite with sg.both attacks dont need much skill in the most situations. they just happen because they are possible and useful.  

about punishment/reward for a lead: the nature of worms: the less units you controll the more flexible you are with your attacks. but you also have less energy and may die soon.

about killing own worms:whats the problem? you also sacrifice your own units chess to create a trap.

about boring telerace: this only happens when both players are not comfortable with their current positions.this just means they have done something wrong in their midgame.

this scheme sometimes is no fun to watch and also no fun to play (especially when you fail the x shot to hit the opponent on the same spot). but on the other end, so many people complained about notching. now heres a scheme u can only aim by instinct.

as long as a scheme leads to meaningful stats and its popular, there is no reason to talk about a remove. even other schemes are more competetive, skillfull, have a higher learning curve. i guess the majority is happy for all these different schemes in the league. gonna end this boring post with a quote of the famous Surak: "Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations"

VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline franz

« Reply #177 on: July 08, 2012, 02:12 AM »
nice thought out post peja. coversation felt one-sided a while there.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #178 on: July 08, 2012, 02:50 AM »
Very smart post.

→ The best of Kaleu ←

Offline DENnis

« Reply #179 on: July 08, 2012, 03:38 AM »
Hehe, nice post Peja

but you wont use a nade to finish a game in elite when u have airstrike or missile left.

U know I would use a nade many times anyway (at least if I'm in a good mood and know I would hit that shot at least 2 of 3 times at first try)

In my opinion hysteria is one of the best schemes. It is fast fun and only boring if u play it with the wrong persons. Risk more and u wont have that long boring games. Many times the opponent failes and you can win in the next turn.

Or just play with people who dont like lame and boring games and who try style attacks when they lead...

Hysteria fits good into classic, if u r better at aiming and know the power you will win the most games, hysteria is skillful and has some tactics. Good people have more experience and do better things in all that different situations. And the best thing is, theres less luck than in many other schemes. It only sux too much if u have almost always the wrong wind or if u start with all worms down while ur opponent have all worms up.

In that case I suggest to just let the game end fast to not delay a too unfair game where u can only hide at side or darkside and wait many annoying turns and start hating this scheme.

Like I always say: Kill the lamer. They just create an so bad ambience and it is their fault if one of the best schemes gets a much worse reputation than it deserves!

The fun is the most important thing and if u have a game with many nice shots u'll like that game, too.

The best thing is to practise and improving skills. A skillful game with only little fails will be interesting, a lot of fun and nice to watch.