Forums
May 03, 2024, 09:43 PM

Author Topic: Checking times in RR  (Read 10967 times)

Checking times in RR
« on: June 26, 2012, 12:24 AM »
This discussion has happened before, but I'm not sure why there's still no rule about it. We should add a rule allowing teams to judge times in RR by fractions of a second whenever they wish. It's not a huge problem when you tie by the whole second in 1v1 RRs, since whoever really won is just going to get a tie instead.

But in 2v2 rrs, the team that really won has a chance of turning into the losing team. If one side got times of 31.1 and 30.1 and the other side got times of 30.9 and 30.9, the times would look like 61 versus 60, when it was really 61.2 versus 61.8.

"Times are measured by the whole second you finish on. However, if one team requests it (within 5 minutes of the game being finished), times must be judged exactly, by checking the replay."

Does anybody have any problem with just adding this in?

Offline franz

Re: Checking times in RR
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 12:52 AM »
If we go this route, I would just prefer every game be judged exactly, 2v2 and 1v1, but yea I do notice and have noticed this distinction about 2v2 being slightly more complex due to the team nature of rr clanner.  A team score that seemingly wins can actually lose when including fractions.

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 01:09 AM »
I don't see the need.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline magic

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 01:10 AM »

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 02:55 AM »
You should see the need, in the clanner we played today, it seemed like some people didn't even realize that the losers might in fact be the winners.

And yeah I want the same rule to apply to 1v1 and 2v2 for consistency. I fully support getting rid of judging by the whole second, I mean most of the time you still won't have to check the replay, only if it's a tie in 1v1 or there's a 1 second difference in 2v2. I just phrased the rule like this because I know everyone in TUS is probably too lazy to consider more of a change than that.

Offline Flori

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 03:11 AM »
Well its nice when u draw on last worm tho in 1v1.
I like the actual system for 1v1, but in 2v2 i think we could watch replays yes.

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 03:26 AM »
it's a racing game, the faster team should never lose, and that can happen with the current rules.  opposing this change would be absolutely absurd
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 04:46 AM »

I don't see the need.
+1

Hmm, np for me if it gets approved.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 06:22 AM »
I don't like this idea. With this rule draws will become almost impossible. But draws bring fun and tension :)

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 06:45 AM »
I oppose this rule. Sure, if we measure by the 100th of a second the faster team wins, but draws are half the fun of ttrr. Like Statik said they add excitement and tension to the scheme, definitely opposed with all my heart, as "draws" are fun.
worm and learn

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 06:47 AM »
Draws can be fun, but they just don't work for 2v2, not unless you also consider it a tie when the times are 1 second off from each other. The way I phrased the rule lets people judge by whole seconds if they want to, if that's what we have to do.

I would really be in support of just having an objective measure of who won and lost though. This way, there's no possibility of people reporting a clanner where the 'winners' were in fact the losers just because both sides went by whole seconds. And by actually enforcing checking replays, more people will be made aware of this situation where clans have a 1 second difference in times.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 06:51 AM »
I don't see the need.

You're dumb

I don't see the need.
+1

And you're dumb

And this is why you are both dumb:

it's a racing game, the faster team should never lose, and that can happen with the current rules.  opposing this change would be absolutely absurd

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 06:55 AM »
Lol Komo bad reply, let them have their opinion.  ;)
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2012, 06:57 AM »
hmm after re-reading the OP properly I agree times should be checked in that scenario, damn! Im still for counting times by the second in 1v1 though.
worm and learn

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2012, 06:58 AM »
draws belong to rr
"since most people tend to the order side, its my job to spread chaos" -peja