Forums
May 15, 2024, 11:41 PM

Author Topic: Checking times in RR  (Read 11060 times)

Re: Checking times in RR
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2012, 04:43 PM »
If you can't tell in game who won the game, without going to replays, then the scheme is retarded.

This is the whole point. In RARE cases you do have to check the replay to see who won, and in instances where the faster team appears to lose when they have actually won, checking the replay is mandatory.
worm and learn

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2012, 05:00 PM »
In 1v1 if it is required to check replays after for milliseconds its close enough to be considered a draw in my opinion.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2012, 05:01 PM »
If you can't tell in game who won the game, without going to replays, then the scheme is retarded.

Really?..

« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2012, 05:07 PM »
In 1v1 if it is required to check replays after for milliseconds its close enough to be considered a draw in my opinion.

yes, and many agree, I agree, like I said in my posts. The option to choose to measure with seconds or mili seconds is what has been proposed, there is no right or wrong decision.
worm and learn

« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2012, 05:09 PM »
it's not faster to play another ttrr than to check a replay.

Still a better way to spend your time imo :) I understand where you're going at though, but I also understand where other people are going at. I just hope people won't get too spastic about accuracy and such in a worms league (it's not like this is a professional league with sponsors and shit), would make the complaint forum a bit busier 8) And it would give us a whole lot more threads that reach 6 pages within a day :o I don't have time for that!

But if accuracy is what you want, then shouldn't we first also be able to report draws? I think it's safe to say that it would be quite an accomplishment for me to achieve a draw against Mablak in, well, any scheme except maybe bungeerace ;D Objectively, and accurately, such an achievement should earn me some points and should cost Mablak some points. It feels like this falls perfectly under the argument of accuracy, don't you agree? Personally, I think there should be draws and they should count. Besides, it's not as if we count the amount of wins to check who deserves to be in playoffs, we count points.
Personally, I wouldn't check replays (I'd rather just play a new round), but I wouldn't begrudge people the option to check. I think most people wouldn't bother checking anyway :)

Offline fr4nk

« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2012, 05:16 PM »
Why trying to modify a scheme which never gave any trouble to anyone, instead of talking about Hysteria/BnG etc?

RR is just perfect like this, imo.

[15:52:06] [avirex`mm] worms is not my life, u f@#!ing loser

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2012, 05:52 PM »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Flori

« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2012, 06:14 PM »

It really irritates me when people say things like "you take this game too seriously". Hello? You play this game everyday, we all take this game seriously. You also made it seem like its a bad thing for wanting to be the best you can at the game and take competition seriously. Competition is fun, its great that people take the game seriously. Don't attribute "taking the game seriously" with an inability to enjoy the game. I take the game seriously... If I play a league game I take it seriously, I do everything within my power to win because ITS A COMPETITIVE GAME! If I lose... COOL! I still had a great time trying to win. Again, do NOT try and say that people who want to win are taking the game too seriously, this really bugs me and makes me facepalm myself and shake my head.

Dude im serious in every clan, i want to win every game, i take it really seriously but, i dont play lame and cheap to winand thats the good way to play. And i'm sure i'm right 100% in what im saying. And the thing that some guy play lame and cheap to win which is much less fun in the game, for me they take the game too serisously.
(bng notches and repeat shots, roper top hides etc..)

« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2012, 06:27 PM »

It really irritates me when people say things like "you take this game too seriously". Hello? You play this game everyday, we all take this game seriously. You also made it seem like its a bad thing for wanting to be the best you can at the game and take competition seriously. Competition is fun, its great that people take the game seriously. Don't attribute "taking the game seriously" with an inability to enjoy the game. I take the game seriously... If I play a league game I take it seriously, I do everything within my power to win because ITS A COMPETITIVE GAME! If I lose... COOL! I still had a great time trying to win. Again, do NOT try and say that people who want to win are taking the game too seriously, this really bugs me and makes me facepalm myself and shake my head.

Dude im serious in every clan, i want to win every game, i take it really seriously but, i dont play lame and cheap to winand thats the good way to play. And i'm sure i'm right 100% in what im saying. And the thing that some guy play lame and cheap to win which is much less fun in the game, for me they take the game too serisously.
(bng notches and repeat shots, roper top hides etc..)

checking the replay to see who got the fastest time in ttrr is neither lame or cheap. I dont know why you would put it in the same context as hiding on the roof in roper... it has nothing to do with lameness, it is to see who got the best time...
worm and learn

Offline Flori

« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2012, 06:47 PM »
Honestly if a guy leave to check replay on a draw and tells me he won i'll tell him he is a morron and dont play with him rr again.

« Reply #85 on: June 26, 2012, 07:14 PM »
you are missing the point flori... re-read mablacks first post. The main reason to check replays is when its 2v2 and the losing team actually has a faster time... f@#! this repeating myself my head hurts
worm and learn

Offline Flori

« Reply #86 on: June 26, 2012, 07:16 PM »
He also added we should get the rule for 1v1 AND 2v2 after.
And I rly don't care if i lose a game in clanner by seconds and had a better time with millisecs... As we don't see millisecs IN the game.Its so wrong.. You are last turn, you know you have to get some time to win, you do it, you r so f@#!ing happy, and then you lost coz of replay ? Hella bad.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 07:19 PM by Flori »

« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2012, 07:17 PM »
no, he said people should be able to CHOOSE if they want to go by seconds or milliseconds.

and like I said, most rrers are going to go by the second in 1v1... thats the way its been for years and most of us like it that way, so there is no harm here (and most probably in 2v2 too, unless RARE situations like the one described in the OP occur).
worm and learn

Offline Flori

« Reply #88 on: June 26, 2012, 07:22 PM »
This discussion has happened before, but I'm not sure why there's still no rule about it. We should add a rule allowing teams to judge times in RR by fractions of a second whenever they wish.
Whenever they wish means you choose ?

Offline cOke

« Reply #89 on: June 26, 2012, 07:23 PM »
I never understood why roof hiding in roper is lame :P
HNN4EVA