Forums
June 09, 2024, 11:43 AM

Author Topic: Checking times in RR  (Read 11280 times)

Re: Checking times in RR
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2012, 09:50 AM »
Shy, I don't compare ttrr and football. I'm just saying, there are types of games where replays are not needed and they can even ruin "fun". We have "photo-finish" in ttrr challenges, but online games are different, at least for me.

I would support Mablak, if there was a built-in photo-finish in WA, like in Worms Reloaded. But checking replays is just boring. It's faster and easier to start another game, I don't remember people had any troubles with it before.

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2012, 09:56 AM »
But checking replays is just boring. It's faster and easier to start another game, I don't remember people had any troubles with it before.

it's not faster to play another ttrr than to check a replay.  Also, i think you are thinking about this too much from the 100 vs 100 time perspective.  Think of it as the 100 vs 101 time perspective, where the 101 team was actually faster in milliseconds.  with the current rule, not only do they not get the win, but there is not even a draw/replay... they flat out lose even though they were faster!  this is the only scheme with such a negative anomaly and it is such a simple fix
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline Flori

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2012, 10:12 AM »
hhc, despite your complaints about other schemes, there is not another scheme out there where a player can lose the game even if he was empirically more successful at achieving the main goal of the game than his opponent.  I'm not even talking about a case where someone could play better than someone and then lose by accident (like a self hit).  I'm talking about  1) here is the main objective of the game, 2) both teams used all their runs, the game is over, let's see who is faster, 3) the team that was physically faster loses the game because of a rule.  There is no other game like that.  

it's also strange that you complain about schemes turning into boring lamefests (and tbh, this only really applies to bng, which is STILL SUBJECTIVE ANYWAY), yet you won't even allow the people the option, the chance, the opportunity to look at times precisely, which is shocking because if someone wins the game according to the scheme description, they should win the game.  

I just don't understand it when people say this change is congruent with the "must win at all costs" attitude... if a team is cumulatively faster, they should win, isn't that the rule of the damn scheme?  Asking for a change that will honor the real winner isn't "going ANY lengths to achieve a goal".  If a team is cumulatively slower than another team, it should never win, that is just f@#!ed up.  it's a god damn racing game.

and come on HHC, you can't be arsed to check a replay? it's not like this situation will happen every single ttrr game.  Also, ttrr is the quickest league scheme, there is plenty of time to play a ttrr and check a replay if need be

We dont want to put this rr rules coz its funnier with the old one. Little by little we change the rules or every schemes to get less fun and so the "noobs" got less chance to wins the "pros". This is f@#!ing worms damn it. Let us have fun.

« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2012, 10:25 AM »
I don't know what else to say other than the fun-purists have so many more options to tickle their fancy than the people who want to play competitively with a lot of skill.  You guys essentially want a fun based monopoly on all things worm related.  it's not very fair, you're not giving the other side a chance to have fun in their way.  and i'll say it again, fun is subjective.  This is not even an issue about fun, it is an issue of correcting a scheme that doesnt properly honor the correct winner.  it's a bug

« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2012, 10:27 AM »
it's not a bug, it's a feature

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2012, 10:33 AM »
it's not a bug, it's a feature

It's neither, it's a stupid rule that defies the laws of the universe and gives less skilled players a better chance of winning.

Y'all born with a silver spoon in your mouth or summin?

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2012, 10:34 AM »
If the RR scheme came in with a built in decimal chronometer that stopped the moment a worm touched the end would the guys that prefer funners shut up?

Because we're only trying to achieve that with the means we have in order to make the league more fair. You really think this is a negative thing to want to do? How could you possibly...

Do you guys realize you could possibly go a whole season without having to check a replay once?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 10:35 AM by ropa »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Flori

« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2012, 10:39 AM »
I dont know what to answer. We just see worms league too differently.
You guys are too serious, like really too serious, when it's WORMS.. Small community, no money at the end.
We are just playing for fun and yes, its a league, yes its competition, but u won't win anything at the end, so everyone playing clanners and singles do it because they like it, and because its fun.
I want to give a lesso about bng notches, repeat shots, roper top hides and so many thing but i won't.

I just dont get how you can all be so hella serious on worms...

Offline HHC

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2012, 10:40 AM »
I wouldnt mind that at all. I just can't be arsed to check replays cause some guys can't accept draws. If the timer in game says 50 and for the other player 50 as well, it's a draw in my book and we can just replay it. I'd be pretty annoyed when my opponent then leaves the game to check on the replay and claim the win if he's 0.2 sec faster.

Just like eS piss me off when they debate which scheme to pick like it's some f'cking presidential election.. and then in game want to know which scheme we pick cause then they can then go on msn and message all their peeps as to get the best possible line-up.

It's a damn game, play the game with whoever is there and stfu already.

« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2012, 10:44 AM »
Also, i think you are thinking about this too much from the 100 vs 100 time perspective.  Think of it as the 100 vs 101 time perspective, where the 101 team was actually faster in milliseconds.  with the current rule, not only do they not get the win, but there is not even a draw/replay... they flat out lose even though they were faster!  this is the only scheme with such a negative anomaly and it is such a simple fix

I will respond with this once more.  It's completely unfair

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2012, 10:52 AM »
I wouldnt mind that at all. I just can't be arsed to check replays cause some guys can't accept draws.

Woah woah wait a minute, where to you get off on making it their fault? They shouldn't have to accept a draw when in reality, they won...

That's actually pretty evil if you ask me...

Offline Flori

« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2012, 10:54 AM »
Just act like we are in wwp and we have no problems.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2012, 10:56 AM »
Just act like we are in wwp and we have no problems.

f@#! that, I can't live if I can't minimise...

Offline Free

« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2012, 10:57 AM »
You guys are too serious, like really too serious, when it's WORMS.. Small community, no money at the end.
We are just playing for fun and yes, its a league, yes its competition, but u won't win anything at the end

So.. if you don't get anything materialistic from winning a competition, the competition is pointless?

I guess this is what our spending culture has driven us. I'm fairly sure most of us "serious" players just play for the sake of the competition and excecuting something we are good at. It's more of a mental attitude.

Anyways..

I agree it's f@#!ed up if you win when you actually had the worse time.. especially in clanners. Something should be done with this, imo.

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2012, 11:01 AM »
Have you thought about summing up times of 2vs2, then act like 1vs1 on the result?

Team A:   50.02 and 50.02
Team B:   50.98 and 49.98

By current RR rules:
Team A: 50 + 50 = 100
Team B: 50 + 49 = 99
Winner: Team B.

The hardcore photo-finish:
Team A: 50.02 + 50.02 = 100.04
Team B: 50.98 + 49.98 = 100.96
Winner: Team A.

Something in between (first count, then act like 1vs1 rule)
Team A: 50.02 + 50.02 = 100.04 ~ 100
Team B: 50.98 + 49.98 = 100.96 ~ 100
Draw.

Komo, you're warned. If you can't not pounce on people, please don't get involved in the thread. (referring to dumb and stupid)
HHC, it was your very first time in TUS. I know you weren't really attacking Mablak but a certain thought. But you're also warned. :(
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 11:03 AM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.