Forums
May 06, 2024, 05:56 PM

Author Topic: Confused...  (Read 2844 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: Confused...
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2009, 12:50 PM »
The good thing (Also funny and sad?) about TUS is we changed TUS league plan from the day #1. It was like we almost test every possible way to see if it works well or not. Like in a lab:

1. We started not using ELO and "win 2 points, lost 1" system. It turned out bad. Even it gave some people a good reason to badmouth TUS better.
2. We reset stats/points in every season and we lost lot of members, Because people liked to keep their stat. I remember exactly when we reset, The first thing was said by Chicken23:
"Now it makes no sense"
3. PO qualifications?
There are a lot :)

I agree that inactivness is a downside, but thing you suggest is far less accurate, IMO. And afterall, you can always reset your ratings if you want.

I agree too.
All being said, It IS possible to start the season like a total league newbie.
You can reset your stats in every season. It is even better than if we reset all players stats. Because it will reset your points/stats to zero and makes you a newbie and you will have the whole players list (With different ranks) in front of you.
Personally I'd like to work on my stats and have it improved though.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 12:52 PM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2009, 10:41 PM »
How do the current league ratings relate to the overall ratings?

Is the same amount of points added/subtracted to your overall rating for whichever scheme?

How many points are then added to your overall rating?

The points added/subtracted are calculated from overall rating (which is different for every scheme, depending on how well one did so far in a given scheme). These points are then added to season rating (you can also call it season score, if you want), which is reseted every season to 1000. Overall ratings are not reseted. Amount of points added/subtracted can be viewed in analyzer.

Thanks for replying rok and mi, but you didnt answer my question.

What I mean is, if I win 40 points for an elite match, I realise that my seasonal elite ranking will go up by 40 points, but will 40 points also be added to my overall elite rating?

How many of these 40 points will be added to my overall seasonal rating, and how many will be awarded to my overall OVERALL rating?

Whilst the analyser tells you how many points will be awarded to your seasonal rating for an individual scheme, it does not show you how much your overall seasonal rating will increase by.

It also tells you nothing about how much your overal rating for a scheme will incerase by, nor how much your overall overall rating will increase by. Seeing as OVERALL ratings are as importnat as seasonal ratings regarding PO qualifications, it is vital that this information is displayed on the analyser page!!!

You also said "inactiveness is a downside I agree".

Inactiveness kills leagues, its not a downside, its a CRITICAL side. If the current way of doing things promotes inactivness (which it does), then surely it is better to change the system to promote activeness!!!

Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 10:43 PM by NAiL »
worm and learn

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2009, 03:43 AM »
What I mean is, if I win 40 points for an elite match, I realise that my seasonal elite ranking will go up by 40 points, but will 40 points also be added to my overall elite rating?

How many of these 40 points will be added to my overall seasonal rating, and how many will be awarded to my overall OVERALL rating?

The amount you gain/lost for elite scheme, Same amount will be added/subtracted from your overall elite scheme. Same amount goes for seasonal classic stats and again same amount goes for your classic overall rank.

Seasonal Classic points = Seasonal BnG points + Seasonal Elite points + Seasonal Hysteria points ....

Overall Classic points = Sum of all of seasonal classic points

Overall Elite points = Sum of all seasonal elite points.

So a 40 points for an elite match:

Seasonal Elite points = Previous seasonal Elite points + 40
Overall Elite points = Previous overall Elite points + 40
Seasonal Classic points =  Seasonal Classic points + 40
Overall Classic points = Previous overall Classic points + 40

Since the amount is the same for every part. Analyzer shows you how much you gain. That number goes for every parts mentioned above.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2009, 02:04 AM »
Ah ok thanks for clearing that up MI, + well done intergrating the overall rating on the season stats page.

Another +1 for you!
worm and learn