Forums
May 06, 2024, 11:15 AM

Author Topic: Confused...  (Read 2842 times)

Confused...
« on: July 19, 2009, 06:50 PM »
I dont understand how the tus system works, not in the mood for a big long post so ill just give you a couple of examples.

If I look at the elite stats for the current season I see that I am 17th with a rating of 945.

Artharas is 8th with a rating of 999.

When I check the analyser I see that if I loose against him I will loose 63 points, and if I win only gain 15  points.

How can this be right? He has a higher rating than me in this scheme yet if he beats me he gains more points than I would for beating him...

Also when I click on my stats, my eltie rank is shown as a star and a bronze stripe. In the elite stats it is only a bronze stripe...

Whats going on here? All the stats for the league are messed up and dont make any sense...
worm and learn

Online MonkeyIsland

Re: Confused...
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 07:31 PM »
Hi NAiL :)

The system counts your overall points while reporting:

NAiL:

Artharas:

The PO qualification is now 4/4 too.
It means system picks up 4 best players in the current season.
And 4 best players from overall standings.
(The players which have played 30 games and have at least 50% winning percentage in that season)

We have talked about this lotta times. this is the last topic around this subject:
https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/leagues-ideas/tus-rating/

Hope it helps :)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Rok

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 07:34 PM »
The page you checked shows you the points you gained in this season. However, how many points you'll gain in a match is calculated from overall points, from all seasons together.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 10:18 PM »
Ah ok well thanks for responding.

Ive been away from tus for a while Monkey, ill check out that link and read the rules.

Seems like a vey confusing system, here is no place to debate that though.

I'll enjoy playing games.

Won't the top 4 players from the overal standings most probably be inactive though???
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 10:26 PM by NAiL »
worm and learn

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 05:50 AM »
4 players from top standings which have played 30 games and have at least 50% winning percentage in the current season.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 12:53 AM »
Ok thanks.

Sorry Monkey, I apologise for being dumb and lazy
worm and learn

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 10:37 AM »
Its ok :)

We all are ^^ (Sometimes? XD)

Offline Ray

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 09:44 PM »
This system is not that nuch confusing, I would rather "well-thought". :)

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2009, 02:08 AM »
i really need to take some time to learn the rating system aswell..  :o

Offline Rok

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 08:52 AM »
Jeez, chicken, it's basically the same as in xtc, the numbers are bit higher, that's all.

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2009, 07:19 PM »
Top 4 players taken from current season standings, and top 4 players taken from overal league standings!

This is very different from xtc and is quite confusing! Doesnt seem to work at giving consistantly fair rating changes!
worm and learn

Offline Rok

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2009, 08:47 PM »
In xtc 8 players from overall standings entered the playoffs, season score didn't matter if u didn't hit top 8 overall at the same time (with required number of games played, of course).

This is very different from xtc and is quite confusing! Doesnt seem to work at giving consistantly fair rating changes!

Requirements for playoffs have NOTHING to do with ratings itself, I don't get what are you trying to say here...

4+4 system was used in TPL or smth like that, chicken23 mentioned it once, with difference being that TPL season chart was based on points (+2 for win, -1 for defeat, I think), here it's based on rating changes.

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2009, 03:52 PM »
we did it 4 and 4 because people that have very high rating cant get to the playoffs because they only gain a few points for wins and lose a bunch when they lose, look at flori for example he usually only gains a couple points for winning a rr because his rating is so high in it, it makes it impossible to get to the playoffs each season doing it this way makes it more fair for players with really high rating

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2009, 05:03 PM »
Having best 8 players season base is good only when you reset the rates/points every season too.

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2009, 01:11 AM »
Its confusing because it compares the ratings of the "overal" league. This doesnt make sense... if I loose to artharas at elite i will only gain 21 points and loose 79.... and artharas is rated 1st in the elite rankings for this season... even though he lost 4 and won 5 games!!! This is confusing and doesnt make sense...
worm and learn