Forums
April 29, 2024, 08:52 AM

Author Topic: Could we update the TFL Boom Race scheme?  (Read 821 times)

Offline Lupastic

• Fantastic

• Hungary Hungary
    • View Profile
Re: Could we update the TFL Boom Race scheme?
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2024, 10:11 PM »
We should also update Bungee Race, I think we can safely remove dynamite and make the turn time 35 seconds.

But I don't think we should add ldet to Bungee (it takes skill to throw your worm without ending your turn)

there is also no worm collision in the tus bungee scheme.. worms can block each other's path on the map. the last time I/we requested this was like 2-3 years ago to be updated, I don't think it will be ever changed : ] just use the HB scheme, that works nicely for bungeerace. everything else is outdated
« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 10:15 PM by Lupastic »

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2024, 11:36 PM »
In my opinion there should be save state rule for Bungee Race. Walking back to the bungee spot is torture for me. I think teleporting back to it or jetpacking is quality of life. There should be a rule about this. I really don't enjoy playing bungee race, just because you need to walk the same paths many, many times during many turns, and it's definitely not fun to play this way.

Teleport back to the checkpoint you were should be a mandatory rule for Bungee Race. Teleport would need SDET. Jet Pack doesn't need SDET. Teleport is easier to go back, though. I prefer tele than jet.

About LDET for bungee, I think it will be like playing boom Race in single shot mode if no LDET, only rare, lucky or few exceptions would be able to progress without loosing the turn. Not sure about it, but definitely it is a skill to avoid the worm loose control.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 11:40 PM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Korydex

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2024, 05:05 AM »
Yep, that's what I meant. Sorry if I worded it badly.

Antisink is also no-brainer.
I don't think so. If you sink you lose in bungee race

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2024, 06:53 AM »
I don't think so. If you sink you lose in bungee race
Thats an outrageously dumb rule if true, just pure terrible.  This map for instance:

https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-240799/

Sniper and I played this today, he doesn’t hit finish and the worm plops.  By this rule/metric, I actually won that game.  I would never want this game reversed, he earned win and then some.  If you can tele worm back to bungee spot, why would plop be an auto lose?  Shouldn’t it be returned to the spot?  Would never report a game like that, that rule is so out of place. 

Offline xSniperx

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2024, 08:09 AM »
Anti-sink has always been used in Bungee race ever since it was released, and i don't see any reason why it shouldn't be. 98% of maps don't have any sinks and the ones that do it's not really there to try and make you lose. it's more of an addition to the difficulty of a jump, for example it makes it so you can't just full power release into a jump without loosing turn and going back to original spot. anti-sink jumps in this regard can add some nice variation and difficulty to a jump.

For me personally i can take it or leave it i just play accordingly however considering the few players the scheme has, i'd imagine if it was plop loose it would just result in people never using plop maps, while making a very anti-noob friendly scheme even more uninviting.

Regarding teleport i've always gone by, you can TP back to any completed position at the cost of your turn, i think this is the best way because if you can TP whenever you want without turn loss you may save some walking but failing seems less of a fail.

I personally like the dynamite, gives you something else to think about but realistically it makes little difference there or not.

Anti-block should be added.

What makes a good bungee player is making a jump without loosing the turn. LDET in bungee should not be a thing.

Bungee shopper yes please.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 09:28 AM by xSniperx »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2024, 09:17 AM »
Anti-sink has always been used in Bungee race ever since it was released,

Yeah as soon as anti-sink was created, most schemes which benefit from it started using it immediately.

Offline xSniperx

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2024, 09:19 AM »
Not it wasn't? At least when I remember playing Bungee Race back in early 2000s with Bloopy maps, anti-sink didn't even exist?? Or am I tripping?

Unless it was some mod that existed before wormkit modules?

Or, was anti-sink created earlier than I remember? I remember playing tons of Bungee Races with M3ntal back then and we never had anti-sink.

I remember first using anti-sink in general around the same time TUS started maybe... Can't even remember which scheme, probably boom or bungee though.

Have I actually got that wrong all these years???

Bungee Race preexists A/S what i meant was ever since A/S was released not bungee race. :)

LOL you corrected before i even replied. yes what komo said.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2024, 09:19 AM »
Damn, I tried to edit that but holy sh*t you were fast! I realized you meant anti-lock release date, not the scheme itself! :D ;D