Forums
May 26, 2024, 01:50 PM

Author Topic: Decisions on handling the new league type  (Read 3672 times)

Online MonkeyIsland

Re: Decisions on handling the new league type
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010, 02:38 PM »
@Mablak,
Free league is just covering less popular schemes like Bungee race or Walk for weapons. We're just letting people to have some competition on these schemes as well.

@Intermediate
For many months, when WxW and Shopper had to be reported as same scheme, the balance was 4:3 in favor of defaults, What was wrong about it back then?
I've tried Intermediate on both classic league and free league. The amount of activity was a lot when it was in classic league and its activity almost died when we put it in the free league. Intermediate is much more serious to be in free league. (and not "less popular")

@Elite league
Ok, so far TEL instead of TRL.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline franz

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2010, 03:42 PM »
+1 for elite league.

I've never really practiced intermediate, and that's probably because people can't pick it vs me in classic league.  I wouldn't mind learning it, but it sounds like there are issues with it.  Either using any kind of map and doing bo3 which is too many games just for 1 pick or what mablak said by having bo1 on a cavern but it's only a limited version/taste of intermediate.  so bleh, whatever is chosen, not ideal.

Offline Ray

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2010, 04:01 PM »
Here's some ideas that could help TUS Leagues and give us more activity:
How about working on the quality of some parts of the site rather then editing the content? That's my opinion...

Offline franz

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010, 04:38 PM »
How about working on the quality of some parts of the site rather then editing the content? That's my opinion...

i like the part where you're not vague  ???

want to explain? examples?

MI just noticed a discussion going on in an elite challenge thread, and so he thought up something to help their elite league idea.  your post on the other hand sounds almost insulting with no specifics (thought I'm sure you probably did not mean it, that's just how it sounds).

Offline Uber

• Sexmachine

• Norway Norway
  • ps ps clan

• You'll never walk alone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2010, 04:57 PM »
TEL sounds cool! But for gods sake, if u add intermediate to the classic league make it a refusable scheme ( tho id prefer it not being in classic)! That scheme requires its own league imo. And i see ppl often ask others for ONL or NNN so i cant really see the "need" for it 2 be added to yet another league, and probably cause alot of mayhem.

-You think you are pretty smart, but is was not me, and you became dumb.   Phanton.    <3

Offline Husk

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2010, 05:06 PM »
dun worry, it will prolly find its way to free league where we accept it

Offline darKz

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2010, 05:09 PM »
Agree, Intermediate can't be played Bo1, even on a cave map like Mablak suggests it'd still depend on luck greatly. It's not suited for the classic league because you have to play it Bo3, which would make a set of games just too long.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Ray

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2010, 06:20 PM »

i like the part where you're not vague  ???

want to explain? examples?
Ever since this site was created I was telling things that should be changed in my opinion, I won't repeat myself for the 27th time.

Like the menubar, fir instance, there are some parts where if you are on the home page, it shows different links than when you are on another part of the site (for some designs). That is just one example, I could say many things, but as I said, I won't repeat myself.

Sorry if I sound a little bitter. :-X

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2010, 09:23 PM »
Bo1 intermediate really doesn't depend on luck that much, far less than something like t17 or shopper. But as always, it depends on the map, and people who don't play the scheme much tend to pick easier maps without realizing it, which is why I'd suggest caves as a standard (and there's not much problem with variety here, considering people play t17 and elite on only one type of map 99% of the time).

As MI said, I doubt it would be played in free league, since people would probably choose to play nnnl over a side-league here if they had such a hankering. But in the main league it would have more importance, and just like hysteria, people would start picking it more and more.

The main problem is really just new-scheme-phobia, but there's no way to introduce a new scheme without this happening. People are afraid of learning something they're not already good at, but like with hysteria, sometimes this shouldn't be that much of a factor, if a scheme has really become popular on WN and proven its worth in terms of skill.

Offline Uber

• Sexmachine

• Norway Norway
  • ps ps clan

• You'll never walk alone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2010, 09:42 PM »
One question, how u plan 2 have clanners in this scheme?? Oo

And still, there are more schemes around that could possibly be good league schemes, but when it comes 2 a certain point, there is no use in expanding anymore, at least not for a while. Sometimes incresing schemes will make quality lower,. Im not saying this is the case, but thats my thoughts.

And i dont think we should add a scheme if u cant clanner it good.

-You think you are pretty smart, but is was not me, and you became dumb.   Phanton.    <3

Offline Random00

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2010, 10:02 PM »
First of all: There isnt that much luck in Shopper if the scheme is good. I can't remember a single shopper that I lost just because of bad luck. But basically thats because the average shopper skill is very low compared to other schemes.

back to the topic:
I don't see any reason to have Intermediate on tus anyway. But if someone does't want to ONL, but likes Inter so much, then he should have the chance to play it for Free Legaue at least.
There was no Hysteria only league or some Hysteria community. So I dont think you can compare it to the introduction of Hysteria to the league.

It's not that I dont like Intermediate, I just think it shouldn't be part of the classic league.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2010, 10:24 PM »
First of all: There isnt that much luck in Shopper if the scheme is good. I can't remember a single shopper that I lost just because of bad luck. But basically thats because the average shopper skill is very low compared to other schemes.

Of course theres luck in Shopper, doesn't matter how good the scheme is, 1 player will always get better weapons, that, is luck on there part, whether they can use these weapons to the best of their ability is up to them and their experience.

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2010, 10:30 PM »
It is not like intermediate is a new scheme to us... I can bet it was the scheme we were all playing when we first started out... I know I was... just constantly playing comps at intermediate... There is a lot of weapon creativity involved in it, too... more so than t17 I would have to say :O
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2010, 11:17 PM »

back to the topic:
I don't see any reason to have Intermediate on tus anyway. But if someone does't want to ONL, but likes Inter so much, then he should have the chance to play it for Free Legaue at least.
There was no Hysteria only league or some Hysteria community. So I dont think you can compare it to the introduction of Hysteria to the league.

It's not that I dont like Intermediate, I just think it shouldn't be part of the classic league.

Why exactly don't you see any reason to have it? I find it silly that low skill schemes like shopper are part of a league solely because of popularity, when we could add in schemes with much more skill and a more than sustainable popularity level. Inter has the skill level and popularity needed for a league scheme, and adding it would bring more people to the league in time. Just look at all the people who host intermediates with hosting buddy.

And just because inter already has its own league doesn't mean it shouldn't be part of regular leagues. Should we be removing elite from the main league because it's getting its own league?

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2010, 11:40 PM »
You can't argue with Mablak, I don't personally like Intermediate, but I ain't blind to it's skill and popularity, I think it will be more popular than Elite, and a perfect addition to the league, I don't know about clanners though, but definately in singles, just because i've never seen a 2on2 Intermediate, and don't know how they work, but I am sure they can, and do...

+1 for Mablak :)