Forums
May 19, 2024, 02:56 AM

Author Topic: Decisions on handling the new league type  (Read 3666 times)

Offline beer

Re: Decisions on handling the new league type
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2010, 12:05 AM »
dudw im gonna got simte but for me im getting tired of lickass sutfff.. yea--.
be good be youself thats wha i about... noone giv a f@#! about some one that'is new, if he doent lickeass...

cmn lets be a men and respnt if some1 has a good way not cose he has someone special.........

atm, this stinks.. glad im out cose TuUsS stinks with OLDSKOLL STUFF

ps ty for the -1 ::) beer dnt give  fucjk!!!

let be MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MEN!!! FOR tjhis comutanty!! STIOP LICKASSING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BE MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

drama queen iz back

Offline Uber

• Sexmachine

• Norway Norway
  • ps ps clan

• You'll never walk alone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2010, 12:16 AM »
BUt seriously, u guys want 2 add intermediate 2 increase acitivity cause so many plays it? But do u wanna be a contestant 2 the other "intermediate only" leagues? is that it? Imagine we add it, 50 more players join tus from NNN, they own at intermediate, suck at most other schemes (tus classic league schemes). And then u might say "well they will learn other schemes bla bla". but then we are back 2 the league being at a v v low skill-level, and ppl that like the competetion and being an allrounder will lose the fun. Worst scenario: all the Intermediate only players join the league; pick inter each time, others pick rope/rr bla bla vs them. 1-1 all games. at the end u dont wanna play such a player. Like me, id avoid em cause i really dont like intermediate. We could rather report a 1-1 before the game, so boring. WHY COMPETE WITH OTHER INTERMEDIATE LEAGUES IN THIS MATTER!? Mablak, shyguy and rest that wants it, why dont join/stick 2 Intermediate lleageu and play it there? If its so many playing it, u shouldnt really have a problem finding such matches if u want. I for my own sake, rather not. :) And if 2 players from TUS league really like it. join an intermediate league and play the game thru there. I could see ur points if such leagues/options were missing, but they clearly are not... :)

And its no point in trying 2 make this a debate over luck level in the scheme, no doubt its a scheme which require alot of skill, BUT imo its for those who are specially interested in it. And as i said many times; u DO HAVE plenty o options 2 get those competetive Intermediate games played, in real matters like bo3/bo5 which it SHOULD be played. :)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 12:19 AM by Uber »

-You think you are pretty smart, but is was not me, and you became dumb.   Phanton.    <3

Offline darKz

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2010, 12:19 AM »
dudw im gonna got simte but for me im getting tired of lickass sutfff.. yea--.
be good be youself thats wha i about... noone giv a f@#! about some one that'is new, if he doent lickeass...

cmn lets be a men and respnt if some1 has a good way not cose he has someone special.........

atm, this stinks.. glad im out cose TuUsS stinks with OLDSKOLL STUFF

ps ty for the -1 ::) beer dnt give  fucjk!!!

let be MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MEN!!! FOR tjhis comutanty!! STIOP LICKASSING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BE MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's Godmax and tobi time!! xDDDDDDDDDDD
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2010, 12:23 AM »
Mablak, shyguy and rest that wants it, why dont join/stick 2 Intermediate lleageu and play it there?

because I don't really care to play in a league with just inter.. i think adding it to tus classic would just create more variation to the scheme selections
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline Uber

• Sexmachine

• Norway Norway
  • ps ps clan

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2010, 12:25 AM »
Haha man, still, the times u do feel like it, u could just ask for a NNN insteead of a tus? not much difference. We have 9 or 10 (can be arsed 2 count atm) schemes 2 pick from in the classic league, thats plenty of options imo! :)

-You think you are pretty smart, but is was not me, and you became dumb.   Phanton.    <3

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2010, 01:04 AM »
The more popular and competitive schemes you have in an overall league, the more overall it REALLY is...

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2010, 01:12 AM »
BUt seriously, u guys want 2 add intermediate 2 increase acitivity cause so many plays it? But do u wanna be a contestant 2 the other "intermediate only" leagues? is that it? Imagine we add it, 50 more players join tus from NNN, they own at intermediate, suck at most other schemes (tus classic league schemes). And then u might say "well they will learn other schemes bla bla". but then we are back 2 the league being at a v v low skill-level, and ppl that like the competetion and being an allrounder will lose the fun. Worst scenario: all the Intermediate only players join the league; pick inter each time, others pick rope/rr bla bla vs them. 1-1 all games. at the end u dont wanna play such a player. Like me, id avoid em cause i really dont like intermediate. We could rather report a 1-1 before the game, so boring. WHY COMPETE WITH OTHER INTERMEDIATE LEAGUES IN THIS MATTER!? Mablak, shyguy and rest that wants it, why dont join/stick 2 Intermediate lleageu and play it there? If its so many playing it, u shouldnt really have a problem finding such matches if u want. I for my own sake, rather not. :) And if 2 players from TUS league really like it. join an intermediate league and play the game thru there. I could see ur points if such leagues/options were missing, but they clearly are not... :)

And its no point in trying 2 make this a debate over luck level in the scheme, no doubt its a scheme which require alot of skill, BUT imo its for those who are specially interested in it. And as i said many times; u DO HAVE plenty o options 2 get those competetive Intermediate games played, in real matters like bo3/bo5 which it SHOULD be played. :)

Okay. So once there's an elite league, why don't we just remove elite from the regular league?

I can see your point about too many schemes, but not having a worthy scheme in an all-round league makes the league less deserving of the status 'all-round'. We obviously can't include every scheme ever, but intermediate has a lot of things other schemes don't, such as a high skill level with all the basic weapons, rope knocking skills, jetpack skills, etc, and it really helps round out the definition of an all-rounder.

As time goes on though, the number of league-worthy schemes simply has to increase, the league system should simply account for this if it ever becomes a problem. For example, it would make sense if you only had to be an all-rounder by having some skill in each 'class', where a class contains one or more schemes, so just being good at one scheme per class would be enough. Thus people could choose not to play certain schemes, and only gain skill in one or two schemes per class, and they could still be considered all-rounders without having to learn every scheme ever.

Offline Uber

• Sexmachine

• Norway Norway
  • ps ps clan

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2010, 01:34 AM »
But whats this urge 2 by all means add it to the TUS CLASSIC LEAGUE!? Guys, u seem 2 enjoy intermediate alot, do u really want/need 2 play it vs alot of ppl which doesnt?? When u have ALOT of other places 2 play that scheme, in a competetive matter. And ur comparing with the elite league ,and shall we remove elite from classic was poor Mab, and it doesnt look like u 2 discuss like that :p For me i dont need the elite league, infact, with elite being in classic, and the "elite challenge" thing where ppl challenge eachother, there really isnt that of a big need of a Elite only-league. But as it DONT exist it may be a good alternative for those who really want it. Intermediate only leagues DOES exist.

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2010, 05:07 AM »
I wasn't saying anything about the elite league existing or not, it was hypothetical. For a more concrete example, no one would suggest removing BnG from the main league just because a2b is around; the scheme is kept for its skill level and uniqueness.

Speaking of which, compared to BnG, the enjoyment factor of intermediate should hardly be an issue, BnG has really become unpopular in main leagues. But in the case of intermediate, I highly doubt many people in TUS have played it enough to deem it fun or boring, most people who don't want to play it simply don't want to get good at something new, as you'd expect for any new league scheme, but that can change with time.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2010, 09:38 AM »
But whats this urge 2 by all means add it to the TUS CLASSIC LEAGUE!? Guys, u seem 2 enjoy intermediate alot, do u really want/need 2 play it vs alot of ppl which doesnt??

How can you be such a hypocrit? Practically EVERY single player in TuS has schemes they don't enjoy playing, that other people DO enjoy playing, it's the reason it's all-round.

Offline Ray

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2010, 09:46 AM »
It's Godmax and tobi time!! xDDDDDDDDDDD
+1000 XDDD

Offline SPW

« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2010, 10:21 AM »
They wont be many people from NNNL joining and playing TUS single just because Intermediate is available. Intermediate-only-players like Joschi, Kayz, Koras, chuvash, Fantomas, jule, Antares, Viks, FaD, Dario etc. wont playing single TUS coz they always have to play an oppenents pick, which scheme they dont know / like for 90%. And Intermediate players swear at modus bo3 or higher coz of balancing some luck / bad luck. But we cant play Intermediate ina bo3, would take to much time just for one single pick. So they dont enjoying a Intermediate played by only bo1 - even with cave it is not good balanced, but better than on isle, tho.

Some guys from b2b playing single TUS too, but many of those b2b-members u dont really see at TUS (Wormfood, KRD, Ramone, surgeon, M3ntal, skime, Krezo, lacoste, Prankster etc.). By putting Intermediate to classic league wont help much to get more acitivity. So I just vote, like before, to put Intermediate into Free-League.

Current schemes are perfect for Classic League. No need to change there smth. :)

btw, NNNl-Intermediate-Scheme should be used in TUS too, doesnt matter which league type.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 10:25 AM by SPW »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2010, 10:24 AM »
They wont be many people from NNNL joining and playing TUS single just because Intermediate is available. Intermediate-only-players like Joschi, Kayz, Koras, chuvash, Fantomas, jule, Antares, Viks, FaD, Dario etc. wont playing single TUS coz they always have to play an oppenents pick, which scheme they dont know / like for 90%. And Intermediate players swear at modus bo3 or higher coz of balancing some luck / bad luck. But we cant play Intermediate ina bo3, would take to much time just for one single pick. So they dont enjoying a Intermediate played by only bo1 - even with cave it is not good balanced, but better than on isle, tho.

Some guys from b2b playing single TUS too, but many of those b2b-members u dont really see at TUS (Wormfood, KRD, Ramone, surgeon, M3ntal, skime, Krezo, lacoste, Prankster etc.). By putting Intermediate to classic league wont help much to get more acitivity. So I just vote, like before, to put Intermediate into Free-League.

Current schemes are perfect for Classic League. No need to change there smth. :)

Krezo and Prankster are not in b2b.

And the NNN players, most of them CAN play more than 1 scheme well.

Offline SPW

« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2010, 10:27 AM »

Krezo and Prankster are not in b2b.

And the NNN players, most of them CAN play more than 1 scheme well.

Ye, sorry. For me it doesnt make a big different if a2b or b2b. At least they played a2b-league and arent's active at TUS. ;)

Sure a lot of NNN-Guys can play other schemes too. But tbh, I dont calculate with them.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2010, 10:48 AM »
Um, there had been many discussions about inter being a classic league scheme in the past. If you guys don't remember, it had been removed from the classic league schemes because it was too unpopular/people didn't want to play it. So i don't think bringing it back would be a good idea... not for the people that like inter nor for the people that don't like it, you know that it will end up in nothing but trouble.