Forums
May 16, 2024, 06:30 AM

Poll

What do you prefer most for TTRR league?

Make it the next scheme for TRL
Add a new league for TTRR
Play it in Classic league!!

Author Topic: Discussion about possible TTRR League???  (Read 12279 times)

Offline Dub-c

Re: Discussion about possible TTRR League???
« Reply #105 on: March 21, 2011, 05:44 PM »
Well if komo could keep his big mouth out of every thread he comes along once then you wouldn't have to compare ttrr with bng now (ugh).
:o
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline franz

« Reply #106 on: March 21, 2011, 05:49 PM »

And in terms of cheap play, there is also an actual 'lame' strategy to win TTRR/RR games, it's called pole extensions to move up all walls, most short horizontal parts

That's my view.

This has to be a level. No one could actually believe this lol

reading his whole text, it makes sense if you just understand that he's trying to compare all aspects of bng with TTRR.. so naturally he chose the "safe extending" in racing to compare to the "safe bouncers" in bng. they're considered "cheap" in bng due to silly honor codes created in past years, but no such code was created for TTRR probably because it doesn't make as much sense. I don't think Anubis really thinks it's lame to extend.. or if I'm wrong, he can say so.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #107 on: March 21, 2011, 08:18 PM »

And in terms of cheap play, there is also an actual 'lame' strategy to win TTRR/RR games, it's called pole extensions to move up all walls, most short horizontal parts

That's my view.

This has to be a level. No one could actually believe this lol

reading his whole text, it makes sense if you just understand that he's trying to compare all aspects of bng with TTRR.. so naturally he chose the "safe extending" in racing to compare to the "safe bouncers" in bng. they're considered "cheap" in bng due to silly honor codes created in past years, but no such code was created for TTRR probably because it doesn't make as much sense. I don't think Anubis really thinks it's lame to extend.. or if I'm wrong, he can say so.

Thanks for clearing out the point, that's what I tried to say with the safe/lame example of both schemes. :)

Offline avirex

« Reply #108 on: March 21, 2011, 08:40 PM »
lmfao, nice post chakkman, but why did u edit it? lol... gj quoting it johny! its funny...

its funny how this thread has turned into a debate about ttrr and bng similarities and differences, thanks komito! lol

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #109 on: March 22, 2011, 10:52 AM »
Well if komo could keep his big mouth out of every thread he comes along once then you wouldn't have to compare ttrr with bng now (ugh).
:o

In TTRR you only have 3 chances to win the game, in BnG you have INFINITE chances to win the game.

Lol @ "infinite" chances to win the game,obviously every BnG that's started has finished so, umm, fail lol.

Apart from that, I can relate to alot of that and completly understand your points, nice one :)

@ franz : "silly honor codes" lol, why is it silly? BnG fans have had to fight long and hard to get it to where it is now, we're proud of that, like yourself fighting for changes in other schemes or point systems, I don't care how my points are calculated as long as I get them lol but I applauded your efforts along with HHC and others.

Offline avirex

« Reply #110 on: March 22, 2011, 11:06 AM »
ok we get it komo.. you love bng, others lover bng... all the love for bng combined in to one barrel would be a rediculous amount of love.. we understand :p   lets open up another tipic about this plz

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #111 on: March 22, 2011, 11:11 AM »
The moment needs to be right !

Offline Aviv

« Reply #112 on: March 22, 2011, 04:35 PM »
Of course I voted for a ttrr league.

I think the question is not whas is the most played to decide wich league we must add, but wich scheme need the most a special league.

For now there is tel for elite that was made.
A2B for bng, even if it's not a tus league, people needed to do a special bng league.

Why ttrr must have a league too. It's a pure skill league, like bng and elite, no luck...
Playing ttrr is something different than playing something else. Most allrounder aren't so good for ttrr even if they pown in every other scheme, cause the ttrr skills is particulary hard to reach, you wont reach it by just playing sometimes ttrr. You have to learn the move, how to use them in the maps, how to adjust your timing...

I think that if we ask who are the best players, everybody will think first, who is the best rope racer and who is the best eliter.

Another reason is that ttrr is not very adapted for tus classic league. The roper who don't play ttrr wont choose it. The non roper wormer wont choose it neither. And the rope racer choose it cause they like it, but it's a very bad deal for the points, cause they can loose so much points.

I don't play tus cause I just wanna play ttrr. And that's also the reason why I'm not very active this time, cause I'm a little bit pissed to never play ttrr in league. When I play it at cup I suck cause of pressure cause I'm not used to play it in league. For a newcomer like me, to learn to play good ttrr in cup would take very much time, cause I wont get so much experience by playing tus classic.

So please add a only ttrr league.

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #113 on: March 22, 2011, 11:37 PM »
Keep the topic clean.
Deleted the inappropriate lines.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #114 on: March 23, 2011, 12:05 AM »
There is a growing number of people dedicated to ttrr and a league would get them out of hiding.

Someone earlier mentioned that ttrr players have a weekly challenge so that is fine for them.  The big problem with this is that most players don't want to play 1 map against everyone in the community.  They want to play ttrr seriously but in competition with a whole range of people at different skill levels.

The feedback is that they don't want to post their times when they know that Mablak can take 5 seconds off their time with his eyes closed.

This system actually discourages ttrr players whereas a new league will encourage them.

You give people a kickass league for the most kickass scheme in wormnet then good things will happen.

:<

Offline Aviv

« Reply #115 on: March 23, 2011, 12:50 AM »
There is a growing number of people dedicated to ttrr and a league would get them out of hiding.

Someone earlier mentioned that ttrr players have a weekly challenge so that is fine for them.  The big problem with this is that most players don't want to play 1 map against everyone in the community.  They want to play ttrr seriously but in competition with a whole range of people at different skill levels.

The feedback is that they don't want to post their times when they know that Mablak can take 5 seconds off their time with his eyes closed.

This system actually discourages ttrr players whereas a new league will encourage them.

You give people a kickass league for the most kickass scheme in wormnet then good things will happen.

:<

Be beated by better players is not really the only reason. ttrr challenge mean playing many times the same map. Sometimes it's a bit irritating...

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #116 on: March 23, 2011, 07:33 AM »
MI, why was my lines inappropriate? I said those 2 lines in an obviously joking and calm manner (which I thought was better than taking it serious and starting a ridiculous flame war lol), people swear worse than that everyday insulting others and I don't see you deleting it... Especially the thread with that guy going mad about Playoffs and you didn't delete any "inappropriate lines" which in that case would be the whole thread lol,  I can only come to the conclusion, it's just me ;)

Anyway, Cue, I reckon the fact Mablak keeps winning would be one of the coolest things to try and beat him.

But, one thing I don't understand is when people propose new Leagues every single time they have said "it will bring people back from hiding" in TEL it hasn't except maybe JohnMcClane, and with TRL, I haven't really seen anyone comeback, I don't think anyone will come back jus cuz theres a TTRR League, Roper has been more popular than TTRR Since god knows when and only now TTRR seems more popular (if it even is), and no one came back from the grave for TRL lol.

Cue this isn't me having a go at you, i'm actually curious about this, i'd be happy to welcome players back to WA, but out of interest who you think is gonna come back?

*Edit - Actually noticed that isn't what you said but, since i've wrote this already, is there anyone you think might come back? Perhaps Ryan and LH for starters?*

Anyway, i'm up for a few TTRRL games with you and hope you fall 3 times xD

« Reply #117 on: March 23, 2011, 11:36 AM »
But, one thing I don't understand is when people propose new Leagues every single time they have said "it will bring people back from hiding" in TEL it hasn't except maybe JohnMcClane, and with TRL, I haven't really seen anyone comeback, I don't think anyone will come back jus cuz theres a TTRR League, Roper has been more popular than TTRR Since god knows when and only now TTRR seems more popular (if it even is), and no one came back from the grave for TRL lol.

What points against that is that (at least as far as I know) the 2 biggest tournaments in terms of participants were both RRkit tourneys; 64 players and 66 players respectively.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #118 on: March 23, 2011, 12:16 PM »

What points against that is that (at least as far as I know) the 2 biggest tournaments in terms of participants were both RRkit tourneys; 64 players and 66 players respectively.

Cool, you got any info on that?

« Reply #119 on: March 24, 2011, 07:34 PM »
Guess I was wrong about the amount of players; we had more :)

I hosted one of them (I think #6) and Flamie hosted another one.