Forums
May 02, 2024, 09:06 AM

Author Topic: I am sick of tus schemes!  (Read 7984 times)

Offline Crazy

Re: I am sick of tus schemes!
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2010, 01:28 AM »
Well that'll lead to a discussion about taste then... i just can say that the last 4 or 5 times i used the tus scheme i ended up getting handgun 3 times in a row and while having picked up like 70-80% of the crates i had a whole 2 sudden death weapons, like bird and rocket. xD I never ever had weaps like indian nuclear test or earthquake with it, i don't even know if they are in the TUS scheme... and imo T17 scheme lives from those weapons, they should not come too frequently but they should come once in a while. What's true is that FB scheme has too many nanas. But that's about the only thing i could criticize about it.

Lets hug and make up chakkman! I think thats one of the few times ive felt ive agreed with you! What with all the bng darksiding arguments in the past ;)

This is why i really wanna play HHC's scheme. its basically same as FB expect the nana chance is reduced to 1 instead of the standard 3.

Well, the tus scheme does have earthquakes in it. I really can`t say what to do about this scheme, it`s so complicated. What I can say, is that HHC has been one of the best players in this scheme for over 10 years, he has played it since day ONE. He knows everthing about it, he wrote a damn nice tutorial seven years ago about the scheme, and in my opinion, his opinion should be VALUED highly in this case. HHC is team17, I`m not licking anyones butt here, but really, we should listen to the people who has the knowledge and experience over many leagues in this scheme. Those player, suchs ass HHC, C23, Avirex, Sacrificial Lamb, Dark, Anubis, Chakkman, Free, Almog, Random, Benz, Ropa, CJ and so on and so on. Listen to the players who knows what they are talking about, that`s my opinion.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 01:33 AM by Crazy »

Offline CJ

« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2010, 02:00 AM »
fair point, but im assuming that list also includes yourself right?  :P
My hometown rugby team Warrington Wolves won the 2009 Carnegie Challenge Cup At Wembley and successfully defended the trophy by beating Leeds Rhinos 30-6 at Wembley on 28/08/10 and got the trophy back beating Leeds Rhinos 35-18 on 25/08/12... 3rd time in 4 years

Offline Anubis

« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2010, 02:17 AM »
My opinion is biased, I view things too objective... wait a moment... :P

I usually try to see the bigger picture, and sometimes that can be bad when it's important to judge some things within a smaller place. There are 2 worlds clashing and in my opinion you can't just say scheme 'abc' is better because its less luckier or it is more fun. Fun for example can be everything. So when so many people are trying to fix something like a scheme there are basically hundred ways of handling it.

And yeah, avirex is probably right. Past has proven that CHANGE is only something Obama can do. ;)

We are certainly good at talking, but doing isn't our strength. It's probably because there is too much effort in it. I tried to make some new rope scheme/s and I was hyped all up, but the feedback was rather low and people just don't really care. I think that Avirex more aggressive way of trying to change something is better than mine calmed way of changing something. :)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 02:24 AM by Anubis »

Offline Crazy

« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2010, 02:25 AM »

No, I`m not that good in defaults to be fair! I consider myself as a roper

Offline CJ

« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2010, 03:12 AM »

No, I`m not that good in defaults to be fair! I consider myself as a roper

neither am i, never proclaimed to be, i was just applauding zippeurfou for something that made me laugh after reading the topic (his drunken posts) it doesn't mean i agree with what hes saying, i rarely play t17 elite etc, hell i barely know the rules hah
My hometown rugby team Warrington Wolves won the 2009 Carnegie Challenge Cup At Wembley and successfully defended the trophy by beating Leeds Rhinos 30-6 at Wembley on 28/08/10 and got the trophy back beating Leeds Rhinos 35-18 on 25/08/12... 3rd time in 4 years

Offline Ramone

« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2010, 01:09 PM »
And yeah, avirex is probably right. Past has proven that CHANGE is only something Obama can do. ;)

Nah man it's all changeable, of course U cannot change it "over the night" cause then everyone would like to change something and a bit of mess would appear.
Speaking of T17 scheme here, if anyone feels like changing it, present your "tweaked" scheme, ask ppl to try it, make a poll and be patient. If majority of users/players vote for it it WILL be changed. Simple as that.

I've managed to "tweak" bng scheme here, so I'm living example.. ;)
Just go for it!

Offline avirex

« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2010, 02:54 PM »
anubis is right, when he sez im right... thats right!

ps: this does not mean im against a better t17 scheme..   im just saying i doubt it will happen...

so for the record: im all for it :)

Offline Unique

« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2010, 02:54 PM »
well t17 is a scheme where there always will be a luck factor even if you edit it.

- random start positions -> sometimes the opponent is abled to plop a worm while u didnt had a turn yet (with bt/fp/db/drill). That always will be. Specially in 2on2's but yeh, then you just should block that area off but there are examples that they couldnt get the girder in such position.

- crates -> you never know which weapon is in which crate.. Even if you catch 30 cr8's and the opponent just 15 cr8's there is a chance that he got EQ + Patsy while you just got one pidgeon. Still I think if you noticed you catched the most crates and the opponent doesnt have such arsenal as you, you should try to do as much damage to him as possible and even then a scale of justice could screw your ideas and you are still left against one/two fat worms with no SD arsenal.

7 girders or unlimited girders.. 7 girders is a bit more speedy since the person which got the most HP/worms is abled to keep opening the opponent to put pressure on him and there will come a time he doesnt got girders anymore and then the game is ended pretty quickly. If you use unlimited girders you still can make a comeback if you didn't collect the right weapons or if you are screwed by some banana that he used on you before SD so you just stay on one side getting some crates and let SD decide the game.

Ofcourse the most important is to get the biggest cratezones, get the best side for the SD, edit your own tactic by the weapons u catched.

How about 'get rid of the banana's/vase/holy's? That won't work at all. Example: player1 did collect 1x pidgeon 1x aqua and you didn't collect ANY sd weapon and you only got 'low powered' weapons so you are also not abled to push him. IF you had this weapons u could even suggest to teleport to him to put pressure on him or let him think u got something terrible in your arsenal. If you would edit all those powers and strong weapons people would be just like 'ah, 50 damage of uzi.. I can deal with that'.

I really don't see a reason to edit the scheme. Some maybe prefer the FB scheme or the scheme of HHC but in the end its all down to the player and to your tactic. If you are a good t17 player you will get 75% of the crates at least and this will be enough to give you the advantage to win the game. Sometimes you just can't get the correct weapons out all those crates and the opponent hits the weapons he did need, well... That can happen! but that's what makes it fun. You never know how it will end because you can't look into the opponent his arsenal.

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2010, 02:37 PM »
[OffTopic] HHC, if you're as good as that, I wanna play vs you ! xP [/OffTopic]
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2010, 05:18 PM »
Loved your post unique!

uber ruined my +12 t17 streak!! What a bitch  :(