Forums
May 10, 2024, 01:34 AM

Author Topic: League change  (Read 6505 times)

Re: League change
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2012, 08:34 PM »
I thought that by making you believe you owned me you would shut up. I was wrong. On that.

edit: only on that.

Just because I didn't reply to your ownage post were your verbally destroy me to death using your clearly superior knowledge it doesn't mean you're right or anything, I mean, you might be but all it means is that I can't be bothered with someone like you. I'd be wasting my time.

I hope that settles it between you and me, you can continue calling me names and stuff just don't expect me to get into that game, I do it many times, mainly because I'm not very good at picking my battles, but not this time. You can feel proud, or the complete opposite.

Nice edit of post, fortunately I quoted your original post word for word so everyone can see you admitted you were wrong, mug. Be gracious in defeat, now go crawling back under your bridge and dont come out for another year. When you come out I will be waiting for you and you will be owned again.

+ stop viewing as a guest
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 08:40 PM by NAiL »
worm and learn

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2012, 08:43 PM »
I thought that by making you believe you owned me you would shut up. I was wrong. On that.

edit: only on that.

Just because I didn't reply to your ownage post were your verbally destroy me to death using your clearly superior knowledge it doesn't mean you're right or anything, I mean, you might be but all it means is that I can't be bothered with someone like you. I'd be wasting my time.

I hope that settles it between you and me, you can continue calling me names and stuff just don't expect me to get into that game, I do it many times, mainly because I'm not very good at picking my battles, but not this time. You can feel proud, or the complete opposite.

Nice edit of post, fortunately I quoted your original post word for word so everyone can see you admitted you were wrong, mug. Be gracious in defeat, now go crawling back under you're bridge and dont come out for another year. When you come out I will be waiting for you and you will be owned again.

+ stop viewing as a guest

Do you realize that an administrator could most likely confirm that you're straight up lying?

Myy original post, edited before I read your post was something really close to the following:

Quote from: ropa
I thought that by making you believe you did you would shut up.

I was wrong.

On that

Secondly, I never browse without being logged in.

Again, an admin could confirm both of these, but I do ask they don't take this as me asking, I don't want them to waste time on proving you wrong.

edit: what's with the name calling? when did this start? Help me remember when was it you started hating me so much? Was it after I told you how bad you were in that haxball game? is it because I'm not black?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 08:45 PM by ropa »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2012, 08:52 PM »
You appear as a guest (or hidden) when viewing topics, true fact. Look at the forums home page, your name never appears on the recent user list (not that this is any crime).

You asked HHC to answer one question in the other thread, so I ask you one question now.

Were you wrong to say that Team17 and Shopper are extremely similar schemes that require the same set of skills "bar a few differences", when I clearly pointed out that the similarities are minimal and the differences maximal.

Were you wrong yes or no?

Answer me like you demand others to answer you.

+ the name calling started because of the way you choose to address, and the ways you have chosen to address people throughout the years on worms forums. Whenever you pop up on TUS you make sweeping statements that often bare no truth to how things actually are. Remember before when you were making up all that rubbish about "tus propaganda", and the trolling of tus before that, I put you right both times yet you still dont seem to have learned not to do it, maybe now you will learn.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 09:05 PM by NAiL »
worm and learn

Offline Ramone

« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2012, 10:51 PM »

xD

« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2012, 12:41 AM »
Oops, miss clicked the thread, wanted to go to the one were Shyguy actually agrees with me on this same topic.

I mean in that thread I clearly said I disagreed with the pairing of shoppa and t17... nice try though? 
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2012, 12:52 AM »
Why are you guys going off topic and now arguing about who was logged in, wtf lads.

Offline Husk

« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2012, 03:50 AM »
yay =) no more t17

Offline avirex

« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2012, 05:01 AM »
maybe people should take a look at barmans post......

maybe im missing something, but i really do think its a good idea... and it would solve the MAIN problem....

you know, the problem that raised the discussion for ropa to go on a total rampage??? yah... that one...   

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2012, 10:15 AM »
Quote from: NAiL
the schemes are similar yes, wxw requires a different style of roping to roper, wxw has many more weps, yeh essentially the skills are the same, but the schemes are undeniably different and should not be classed as the same, no way.

Quote from: ShyGuy
go back and read NAiL's post and pretend i wrote it if it helps

I mean in that thread I clearly said I disagreed with the pairing of shoppa and t17... nice try though?  

ns I'd say
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2012, 04:47 PM »
oh, i actually didn't notice nail wrote that, seeing as the very large bulk of what NAiL and I have been saying dealt with team17 and shoppa, not wxw and roper... i thought that was pretty clear, tho... guess you did technically get me.  you're still 100%-right-ropa

I think grouping wxw and roper is valid, but I could also see roper being grouped with ttrr... maybe all three schemes.  They all have to deal with rope speed essentially. 

Also, if we're going to group elite with intermediate, we have to assume intermediate becomes a classic league scheme, and we've already had debates about that and there are some problems.. intermediate really needs at least a best of 3 structure to be fair, and that takes a lot of time, plus if someone crashed it would be a mess since you wouldn't know who has the first move the first game

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2012, 06:54 PM »
oh, i actually didn't notice nail wrote that, seeing as the very large bulk of what NAiL and I have been saying dealt with team17 and shoppa, not wxw and roper... i thought that was pretty clear, tho... guess you did technically get me.  you're still 100%-right-ropa

I think grouping wxw and roper is valid, but I could also see roper being grouped with ttrr... maybe all three schemes.  They all have to deal with rope speed essentially. 

Also, if we're going to group elite with intermediate, we have to assume intermediate becomes a classic league scheme, and we've already had debates about that and there are some problems.. intermediate really needs at least a best of 3 structure to be fair, and that takes a lot of time, plus if someone crashed it would be a mess since you wouldn't know who has the first move the first game

The thing is ShyGuy, ultimately, if you're asking people to keep a balanced games played between all the classes or most classes in order to be able to compete rating wise, you can't have that many classes. Shopper is one of the least popular LEAGUE schemes, so if you figure out you need to pair it with another scheme, whilst pairing it with team17 isn't perfect, I can argue (and I've done it) that it's the closest you'll get, certainly closer than Shopper/WxW
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2012, 07:03 PM »

xD

ROFL, nice xd

thats made everything worthwhile xD
worm and learn

« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2012, 07:10 PM »
I just can't agree with that.  shoppa and wxw use the exact same scheme and exact same rules with the exception of the w2w rule.  They both require consistent attacking and require the use of a rope to fetch a crate.  Yes, in w2w every turn will probably be speed-based depending on the map, but in a shoppa a far crate requires speed if you have some knocking plans in mind... even if it is a closer crate, you often will hustle for it so you can spend time knocking and setting up your shot.  I'm really not in favor of totally linear wxw maps, if they were a little more complex with the hides, it would be even closer to shoppa, but since linear wxw maps have become the standard, i can't make that point.  I just feel the there are way more differences in t17 and shoppa and they are way more apparent, although there are some core similarities.  

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2012, 07:38 PM »
I just can't agree with that.  shoppa and wxw use the exact same scheme and exact same rules with the exception of the w2w rule.  They both require consistent attacking and require the use of a rope to fetch a crate.  Yes, in w2w every turn will probably be speed-based depending on the map, but in a shoppa a far crate requires speed if you have some knocking plans in mind... even if it is a closer crate, you often will hustle for it so you can spend time knocking and setting up your shot.  I'm really not in favor of totally linear wxw maps, if they were a little more complex with the hides, it would be even closer to shoppa, but since linear wxw maps have become the standard, i can't make that point.  I just feel the there are way more differences in t17 and shoppa and they are way more apparent, although there are some core similarities.  

Who do you think would win in a shopper game, Dario or someone who is only good at ropers?
And who would win a WxW (assuming a hard map) the good roper, or the good defaulter?

I think it's a way to look at it that also shows which schemes require similar skillsets.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2012, 08:24 PM »
I don't think the argument of shoppa and t17 both require above average use of weapons is compelling enough  because in shoppa you can only do so much with a weapon from a rope where in t17 everything is so much more dynamic.  In shoppa, the terrain is the same the entire game, so your anticipation of your opponent's weapons and how they use them and how you react to that is quite limited.  not to mention in shoppa, you will most times attack with the weapon you get during the active turn, or else you will fall behind and have a bigger chance of losing.  In t17, the terrain is always changing, you can hold on to weapons and wait to use them at the optimal time, and not only do you have to be creative with your weapons, you have to very much anticipate what weapons your opponent may have and position yourself accordingly.  Team17 is so much more weapon orientated than shoppa (like i said, in shoppa, once you get the weapon you pretty much use it the same turn), that it is hard to group the two because shoppa has weapon usage skills to a degree, but not as much as t17.  I guess the point I am trying to make is the main theme of t17 is weapon usage and the main theme of shoppa is consistency.  In shoppa, being more consistent trumps being more creative IMO, but of course, if you can do both, that is really great.  In t17, using weapons more creatively trumps attacking whenever possible, meaning having a lead in t17 is less important than it is in shoppa.  That's why i believe wxw and shoppa are more similar, because their key theme is consistency.

While t17 and shoppa both require weapon creativity, that element only goes so high in shoppa while that element is like a skyscraper in t17.