Forums
May 04, 2024, 06:58 PM

Author Topic: Make Supersheeper playable in TFL?  (Read 1560 times)

Online Lupastic

• Fantastic

• Hungary Hungary
    • View Profile
Make Supersheeper playable in TFL?
« on: June 12, 2023, 10:07 PM »
I'd like to propose the scheme called Supersheeper to be added as a league scheme in TUS free league.

Simple HostingBuddy version of the scheme would be nice. Would this be possible? As to replace a scheme like Elemental, or just as +1 scheme to the others in the TFL list. Might bring some new players.

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
Re: Make Supersheeper playable in TFL?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2023, 10:12 PM »
Supersheeper Is a cool scheme for free league. Although, I don't play leagues so much, I'm waiting for the future format, to be honest.
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2023, 01:44 AM »
If we did use the Hosting Buddy version verbatim though, it wouldn't be aqua sheep.

Offline FaBieTTo

• Italy Italy
  • _/,,/
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2023, 06:58 PM »
I too would like!!! supersheep is the best game there is :D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2023, 07:02 PM »
I'd support this, I don't really play leagues, but the supersheeper Cups were a lot of fun and I even streamed a match!

I think a number of people enjoy this scheme currently.

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2023, 07:10 PM »
Seems good, even though its a bit of a noobish luck based scheme, maybe people would join tus to play some games.  That is the metric I would use to determine its worth as a league scheme.  Would people join tus to play it?  If the answer is yes, then it is worth it.  I think combining it with SSR would also work, like mine madness is combined with BnA.  Both schemes are exclusively about flying a sheep mechanic.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2023, 07:46 PM »
Is this the scheme?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Big Billy

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2023, 07:48 PM »
Should be only played in caves tho :p

Online Lupastic

• Fantastic

• Hungary Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2023, 07:52 PM »
Is this the scheme?

that's a heavily modified scheme with inf mines to add extra fun (and girder pack oO) I think BigBilly used it for his own Supersheeper cup on TUS. well if there is nothing else, that could be it too :) however girder pack changes it drastically, originally there has never been such utility in OG supersheepers.

the original HostingBuddy scheme of Supersheeper is here: https://easyupload.io/qk4xuq

(or attached in my comment below)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 09:46 PM by Lupastic »

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2023, 02:46 AM »
HostingBuddy's scheme is popular and many people on WormNET used to play it and like. Although, it's valid to consider and test other schemes to be sure to have the best option.

On TUS we have many options:

https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/search/Supersheeper/
https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/search/Sheeper/
https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/search/Aquasheeper/

I know that BigBilly masters Super Sheep and is an enthusiast of Super Sheep Race, but I played his Supersheeper cup scheme and I think it's not ideal scheme for a TUS league (in my opinion). The scheme is not bad, though.

EDIT: I still prefer playing RubberWorm's Sheeper scheme than Supersheeper. I don't know why people don't play Sheeper, it's an amazing concept.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2023, 02:55 AM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline FoxHound

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2023, 03:02 AM »
Another thing to discuss is the map. What kind of maps will Supersheeper be played? Caves only like BigBilly's cup? the traditional open island ones? Inverted dual-layer? Maps like the ones used for Teleporting scheme (a bit bigger than 1920 x 696)? Any map is fine?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2023, 03:04 AM by FoxHound »
'

Offline Kradie

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2023, 04:04 AM »
I would like to see ZaR Roper in TFL.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2023, 05:27 AM »
doesn’t belong in free league, rope based schemes are in allround.  Just do what we’ve done for years and report as a roper.  We’ve definitely played Zar and reported as roper before Kradie. Can even play some tomorrow if you want!

Offline Kradie

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2023, 06:53 AM »
doesn’t belong in free league, rope based schemes are in allround.  Just do what we’ve done for years and report as a roper.  We’ve definitely played Zar and reported as roper before Kradie. Can even play some tomorrow if you want!
Yeah you're right.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Online Lupastic

• Fantastic

• Hungary Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2023, 12:08 PM »
Another thing to discuss is the map. What kind of maps will Supersheeper be played? Caves only like BigBilly's cup? the traditional open island ones? Inverted dual-layer? Maps like the ones used for Teleporting scheme (a bit bigger than 1920 x 696)? Any map is fine?

normally it is only open island maps, if you host a supersheeper with HB and you write the "!map" command, it gives you only island maps, while hosting intermediate with HB and asking for maps, it gives you both open and closed cave maps. only advanced hardcore sheepers like to play in tight closed cave maps for some extra difficulty :) but it has always been just island maps. and since its open and the luck factors are there with worm spawns, it should be best of 3 as standard