Forums
May 21, 2024, 04:43 PM

Author Topic: Mods for leagues  (Read 6609 times)

Offline ANO

Re: Mods for leagues
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2015, 06:49 AM »
I would suggest the following:

Let MI decide how many active MODS are required (and kindly remove those who are inactive/contribute little)

Set up an initial announcement thread where people can post their interest in becoming a MOD.

MI does some light touch vetting to ensure that there aren't any silly requests.

Set up a poll for a week to allow the community got for the next MOD(S).

Highest number of votes = new MOD(S).

Normally, if you go for something like this, it should be:

- Vote of MI and D1 (with some percentage)
- Vote of the community

Offline avirex

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2015, 03:34 PM »
I would suggest the following:

Let MI decide how many active MODS are required (and kindly remove those who are inactive/contribute little)

Set up an initial announcement thread where people can post their interest in becoming a MOD.

MI does some light touch vetting to ensure that there aren't any silly requests.

Set up a poll for a week to allow the community got for the next MOD(S).

Highest number of votes = new MOD(S).

Normally, if you go for something like this, it should be:

- Vote of MI and D1 (with some percentage)
- Vote of the community

i think we have tried that in the past ryan, its been proven time and time again, polls are really not the best solution, you have people that dont care that vote (because its a simple click of a button) you have people that dont know whats best because they are not active (but vote anyway, because simple click) you have people that only vote based on popularity, disregarding if they are a suitable fit, and active (because this is worms ;p) you have people that think its a joke, and vote for Asbestos (because forum humor is epic)  and the list goes on and on and on...

im not against a "vote" system, but i think its more fair when  people back up their vote with some reasoning in a post... such as rU did.

as far as "Let MI decide how many active MODS are required (and kind remove those who are inactive/contribute little)"

that too has been proven not to work... MonkeyIsland does not know when enough is enough for his own good, all though his intentions are in the right place, he tries to do EVERYTHING, and its not working. I dont care how great one human possibly is... its not possible for one person to run a major CEO company, there is many many people beneath him that are helping keep that clock tick. The sooner everyone realizes that, the sooner TUS can be an *even* better place. and voting on every little thing that comes up is not my idea of people beneath monkeyisland keeping the clock tick ;p

-speaking of helping keep the clock tick, worms has a nice amount of coders, and web designers, MI should get some help from some of these guys in maintaining the site, and making small updates.. i know that this website is MI's "baby" he has raised it since birth, and for that reason maybe he would not want to... but at this point, we all know who daddy(MI) is, and we all appreciate the mature young man(TUS) he raised ;) but maybe now its time to get married, give your son another daddy to help out in this roll!!  after all, gay marriages are becoming more and more accepted through out America, and i would assume the world!!

Offline SPW

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2015, 03:41 PM »
Nino and me are best possible mods cause we both have slaves. That experience is just a big point. But we both fail cause of activity. Thats just that I had to say and there is no valid counter, putos! ;D  :D

In this case, I would also give avirex and komo the chance. It cant be worse than barman and franz. If there are some hard cases, MI just having the last word.

MI, just give them a try. Im pretty sure it will be the right way.  :)

Offline HHC

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2015, 03:48 PM »
but maybe now its time to get married, give your son another daddy to help out in this roll!!  after all, gay marriages are becoming more and more accepted through out America, and i would assume the world!!

Basically we have to vote Avirex or we are unpatriotic homophobes?

In that case I was the first one to vote for Avi.

Offline avirex

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2015, 04:01 PM »
but maybe now its time to get married, give your son another daddy to help out in this roll!!  after all, gay marriages are becoming more and more accepted through out America, and i would assume the world!!

Basically we have to vote Avirex or we are unpatriotic homophobes?

In that case I was the first one to vote for Avi.

lol you took my quote out of context, that particular statement was in regards to MI getting some help with website updates... the homepage has not been changed in over a month i believe, been looking at the same "worst shot ever" bit for quite a while now :D

but regardless, yes..

VOTE FOR AVI, OR YOUR AN UNPATRIOTIC HOMOPHOBE!

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2015, 04:22 PM »
I do not select mods based on their promises. I select them based on their history.

It is true that komo and avirex have lots of experiences but they don't have the right attitude. Komo gets emotional everytime someone disagrees with him and eventually insults them for not understanding his point of view. Avirex do not respect community rules and if there's chance to do something he likes, he happily breaks them. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

The only way to change this is for both of them to start act differently which takes time and more importantly, they aren't willing to.

@avirex,
Just a few facts. I'm not seeking your respect. You have called me names lots of times. I don't mind. Also I do not read FoS forums, not only "quite often" isn't true, but also I don't remember the last time I accidentally clicked on your forum. Lying like that is not helping your case either. I've already explained it to you why "my feelings" is completely valid.

@rU`,
spleen17 is new to the community but Senator is a good candidate.

@Peja,
Yes I do get offended time to time. What you (willingly?) missed is the ratio. I DO respond to people who crosses the line. You gotta compare the amount of their attempts to my responses to get your answer.

On the side note, you did that again. You delete some part of the story just to make it fit your point. I can find your posts to quote too you know? Remember you completely neglected the fact that asbest threatened our lives. Let me shake your memory:

... While Asbest who never harmed this league in Any way still is banned from playing.
@peja,
Asbest literally threatened our lives. He also aliased people and he DID created multiple accounts. Did you just simply forget or you chose to wipe it all just to make a point?

@Anubis,
It is not ONLY about what a moderator's job is. It is also about the image of the moderator and what he represents.

@Ryan,
Currently the league doesn't need a lot of moderators. Just one would be enough.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2015, 05:18 PM »
It is true that komo and avirex have lots of experiences but they don't have the right attitude. Komo gets emotional everytime someone disagrees with him and eventually insults them for not understanding his point of view. Avirex do not respect community rules and if there's chance to do something he likes, he happily breaks them. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

The only way to change this is for both of them to start act differently which takes time and more importantly, they aren't willing to.

That just isn't true man, for starters using the word "emotional" is wrong, I get defensive because I am a person who strongly believes in his opinions, that's a good quality, not a bad one, and I don't insult people because they disagree with me, I insult avirex from time to time because well, he insults me, and I actually find insults funny, that's why I watch so much comedy like South Park, Family Guy, and comedians like Frankie Boyle, Bill Hicks etc.

Just because I swear or use an "insult" doesn't mean I am emotional or trying to make the other person feel bad, it's part of being Scottish, the only person who has actually made me angry in the past several years is Marian, I won't go into that though.

I argue because it's interesting, sometimes funny and you learn stuff, but I can stop that if it means TuS will have a very experienced and active MOD.

Telling us we aren't willing to act differenly isn't fair, you don't need to act differently to be a good MOD, you just need to keep the language clean, which is something we can both do easily, we won't change our personalities, but I could bet you a years wage I can stop swearing/arguing and be a perfect MOD for TuS ;)

Offline nino

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2015, 06:45 PM »
well MI it is up to you now.

You should give a try , You have nothing to lose than a lil run to bathroom, but why bathroom? That nino just says no sense shits!! no! ill explain

you know u got a fart on the door of ur ass but u dont feel sure if this will come with shit or just air? so mate, if u give a try there will come the air and u r free of this fart... if the shit comes..u just go to bathroom and clean urself, but you tryed thats the matter aeeeeee.  :D :D :D
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Senator

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2015, 07:52 PM »
Heh thx for the nomination but I'm not sure if I want to solve complaints on daily basis.. If u find more active candidate, choose him. Atm I set deadlines for playoffs so I also check if the games are played. Mod rights could be useful there coz then there would be less delay with moving players further in PO draw.

Many complaints are about wrong replay/scheme/player or double report. If you made it possible to delete/edit the game you reported within 30 minutes or so, there would be much less complaints ;)

p.s. leroy, I'm perhaps new guy in TUS but I've played in worms-league and cl2k before!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 08:03 PM by Senator »

Offline Anubis

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2015, 03:58 PM »

@Anubis,
It is not ONLY about what a moderator's job is. It is also about the image of the moderator and what he represents.

Fair enough about the representation and image, I have had a similar discussion about this topic with HHC. But consider that both avi and Komo are not hated by everyone or even the majority of this community. People that are calm and "unemotional" are usually those that are less connected to the community. Back then when I was actually playing the game 24/7 I wasn't the angel I am nowadays on forums. I would get into flames as well, show my disagreements more vulgar. :D But I care less about W:A and that makes me calm, Komo and avi both still strongly care about W:A, their clan, and everything around W:A, they have a lot more reasons to be more emotional. You current mod roster are all inactive (I think?), or let's say they are both less inactive and involved as avi and Komo. I strongly believe you can't measure them to your roster when your roster is not as involved as them.

They offer free help. And you often gave everyone a 2nd chance, or even 3rd chance. Why do you struggle to give some people not even a 1st chance? With more responsibility people tend to grow up. Who knows what this opportunity can bring to them, maybe they even unite forever! :D

Offline avirex

« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2015, 01:44 AM »
MI, i would love to hear a description of what you think my image is...  i just want to hear it from you, for the sake of a good laugh, because guess whats.. it will just be YOUR opinion, and as i said before, this is no surprise to me that you wont give me a chance, i knew from the start your personal views of me will limit your ability to make a good decision.

the reality of it is, i am very well liked in this community, if i wasn't, i would never have been able to form such a strong clan, and keep such influential members in the clan, i would never be able to form such a strong community, based around absolutely nothing (that we can disclose to the public) and i would not have been able to call you out on reading our forums, and watch you squirm like the little private forum rat that you are.

I am not the only private community/forum that has said they seen you in their forums... FoS has multiple screen shots of you in our private forum, wanna call me a liar again?? i dont remember the last time you "accidentally" clicked on our forums either MI, but that's why you will not be able to quote me saying it was recently. besides, we took all the juicy stuff to a more private forum outside of TUS anyway... so if you'd like to visit more frequently, we dont mind ;)

To be honest, i don't even want to be MOD anymore, if you feel that strongly against me MI, despite 90% of the people in this post saying we would make good mods, and telling you to give us a chance, then i don't want to be a MOD. so, im all set with the position, maybe you can give it Volrin, or TheHamster... yeah, they would make good MODs.. (get the joke? inactive players)

i want to be perfectly clear that i no longer want to be MOD, but just for the sake of argument.. your full of shit when you say " I've already explained it to you why "my feelings" is completely valid. "

nothing is completely valid, its your personal feelings about me, and how you view me... thats not a a valid reason my friend... but hey, your the boss... so rock out with your cock out, its your choice who the MOD will be... but regardless who you choose, you need help in this department.. sooner will be better then later, thanks
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 01:46 AM by avirex »

« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2015, 01:55 AM »
I vote for vokking vok :D

Offline avirex

« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2015, 02:03 AM »
also, i would like to know wtf your talking about with this

"Avirex do not respect community rules and if there's chance to do something he likes, he happily breaks them. You can't have your cake and eat it too."

because i do not break rules in league games, and i believe i have only been banned from TUS once, because yes.. i broke a rule to do something i liked... but, barman was banned right along with me at the same time, along with another group of tus members... barman is still a mod... and what kind of image is it to lie to the community for over 8 years about your gender??  do you know how many times i asked franz if he shaved his vagina, before he finally came clean and told the community he is a man??? is that the kind of image you want as your mod?? god for bid if i swear!! "OMG" 

haha.. whatever dude.. just say it, you dont like me, and ill move on.

i vote vok and senator too..  dont care, its not like its a difficult job, but the mods we have are not doing the necessary job at the moment, due to inactivity.

« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2015, 02:40 AM »
vok and senetar!
Common if we want a finnish invasion let's at least make it tdc so we have infinite powa!
We already have D1 but it'd be easier if we got all the mod! :D

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2015, 03:22 AM »
I nominate Spadger for mod!
Your favorite ropers favorite roper