Forums
May 09, 2024, 12:59 PM

Author Topic: More rope schemes for TFL  (Read 5887 times)

Offline Kangaroo

Re: More rope schemes for TFL
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2015, 04:39 AM »
Rope Free League

TTRR, wascar, zar, roper, wxw, warmer, trickrace, surf shopper, w2roper, tower, ect ?

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

Offline spleen17

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2015, 10:45 AM »
TFL already has too many schemes. We gotta come up with something to organize them otherwise adding more schemes will bring more disaster.

Perhaps at the end of the current season remove 3-4 of the least popular and add 2-3 more?

Or we could break it into two leagues. For example:

Racing League - Big RR, battle race,  boom race, bungee race, crate race, golf, jetpack, parachute race, SSR, trick race, ttrr,  wascar

Battle League - Abnormal, Aerial, Ctf, Darts, Elite, Forts, Holy War, Normal, Kaos, Mole, MM, Plop War, roper, WFW, wxw, ZaR roper, Surf / Fly shopper etc.

This way there is still a balance of skills in each league.

Offline Hurz

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2015, 10:48 AM »
can rope in other leagues, get out.

Offline spleen17

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2015, 10:58 AM »
can rope in other leagues, get out.

Roping is a major skill in WA, this should be reflected in the free league.

Ropers can play in TFL at the moment anyway, but they can only pick Big RR over and over so many do not bother playing. I think there would be more activity if this was changed. A bad roper has more of a chance against a good roper in ZaR than they do in Big RR anyway.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2015, 11:13 AM »
Perhaps at the end of the current season remove 3-4 of the least popular and add 2-3 more?

Great idea.

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2015, 11:51 AM »
Remove: elemental, chute race, battle race, jp race, CTF, ssr.

Offline spleen17

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2015, 02:13 PM »
Remove: elemental, chute race, battle race, jp race, CTF, ssr.

I kind of agree, except for battle race and SSR, which are both good skill games.

MonkeyIsland, how about if at the end of the season we remove the 4 least-played schemes (it will probably be 4 of the 6 Chelsea mentioned) and add ZaR, Crate Race and possibly Wascar. That way we have 1-2 schemes less and also a better balanced league.

And if someone wants a scheme to stay in TFL, they actually have to play some games of it this season. No arguing about which to drop, just best activity wins.

EDIT: Or it could even be an ongoing thing, where every season the bottom 4 are dropped and replaced by schemes voted by the community (max. of 20 schemes in the league at one time). So free league constantly changes to include most the most popular schemes (that aren't already in classic league).

« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 02:25 PM by spleen17 »

Offline MarianRV

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2015, 03:01 PM »
spleen's idea sounds really great.I'm supporting it ;D

Offline philie

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2015, 06:02 PM »
EDIT: Or it could even be an ongoing thing, where every season the bottom 4 are dropped and replaced by schemes voted by the community (max. of 20 schemes in the league at one time). So free league constantly changes to include most the most popular schemes (that aren't already in classic league).

this sounds cool.

Offline Peja

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2015, 09:34 PM »
dunno im fine to put any scheme into tfl as long as its not russian roulette or comet dodging. the amount of different schemes is what makes this league special, would go as far saying it needs more versatile skills to compete in tfl than it does to do in classic league.

VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline Hurz

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2015, 09:38 PM »
dont remove chuterace its always good for a freewin :D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2015, 02:44 AM »
Or it could even be an ongoing thing, where every season the bottom 4 are dropped and replaced by schemes voted by the community (max. of 20 schemes in the league at one time). So free league constantly changes to include most the most popular schemes (that aren't already in classic league).

Great idea mate, I support it.

dunno im fine to put any scheme into tfl as long as its not russian roulette or comet dodging. the amount of different schemes is what makes this league special, would go as far saying it needs more versatile skills to compete in tfl than it does to do in classic league.

I feel the same, it's harder to master TFL than TuS Classic, TFL requires a larger skillset than Classic, more time as well, this is the downside in my opinion, some BR games can take hours, which is fine if you enjoy it, but if you don't enjoy it, 2 hours is too much unless both players actually want to play.

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2015, 03:01 AM »
Personaly, I dont think my CrateRace Mulitplayer scheme is good for TUS free, its pretty much just TTRR. And I bet that would start people playing TFL but then avoider other players picks like they already do.

for many season TFL has had alot of avoider... like chelsea only wanted to play aerial and refuses others picks. Alot of people avoid me simply because they know im going to pick something they are shit at. I dislike, aerial,darts,abnormal in TFL but will never avoid just because I dont like others pick.

scheme dodging is the worse problem. I think Leauge would be awsome if analyzer choose a random scheme for both players to play.

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2015, 04:43 AM »
scheme dodging is the worse problem.

True.

I think Leauge would be awsome if analyzer choose a random scheme for both players to play.

Horrible idea, imagine being forced to play BR which can last hours, or Intermediate which can last an hour or more if 2-1, I feel this would push people away not pull them in.

I do like Free and would love to play it properly one day but like you said people avoiding is a massive problem, every single scheme standings page is inaccurate imo and it's really not worth my time to play because of those 2 reasons.

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2015, 05:16 AM »
=
[/quote]

Horrible idea, imagine being forced to play BR which can last hours, or Intermediate which can last an hour or more if 2-1, I feel this would push people away not pull them in.

[/quote]

you do know in TFL BatteRace has SD and who ever is winning after 40mins wins.

and that is the risk you take if you choose to play free leauge... your oponent may pick a long scheme... if you dont have time, dont ask for tus.

jpg images