Forums
May 20, 2024, 09:54 PM

Author Topic: New Roper !!!!!!!  (Read 6568 times)

Offline avirex

Re: New Roper !!!!!!!
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2012, 03:24 AM »
zook first turn was introduced as a worms 2 rule (its about the only thing that w:a adopted, and for the totally wrong reason)

the zook first turn was put into place on worms 2, because we did not have the luxury of teleporting our worms where we wanted at the start of each game, it was randomly generated, so if you went second, and were placed at the top of the map, you still got shit luck, but atleast you it would not be an easy nade/mine attack for easy FD, zook was mandatory....

dont ask me why the f@#! w:a took this rule into effect, but thats a prime example showing how w:a roper rules were created when w:a was first made, and w:a people were just learning to rope.... why the hell are these same rules, turn times, and retreats still in effect?

i have said it time and time again.... but, you all consider yourself "pros" yet, you play with a total turn time of 25 seconds.... thats disgusting...

something needs to be changed, and its completely obvious the w:a community does not like drastic change, so lets start with this simple w2w rule.... (and yes, retreat time should be lowered) but lets just start with the w2w rule, u stubborn bastards ;D

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2012, 03:42 AM »
Why the need to complicate things by adding more rules?

Would it not make sense to make less rules?
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline Hussar

« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2012, 08:50 AM »
Why the need to complicate things by adding more rules?

Would it not make sense to make less rules?

w2w its very simply rule, and this adds more strategy to roper, reduce the role of luck and win will depend only on your skills.
Dont tell that this will confusing game, i allready said...... u have to chose what is better in ur situation, if u go for w2w u risking !! coz its not simply to atack then, and its not simply to reach crate after atack......... if u scary u can go for hard crate like allweys without taking hitpoints.
you will not use too often this rule in whole game, just few times.

Offline ANO

« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2012, 08:56 AM »
I've not read all of the posts, sry. I just want to double check a thing.

If you have an easy crate you deserve to do w2w or yu would also get the crate and attack (cba)?

And if yes, who decides if a crate is easy or less?

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2012, 09:02 AM »
I've not read all of the posts, sry. I just want to double check a thing.

If you have an easy crate you deserve to do w2w or yu would also get the crate and attack (cba)?

And if yes, who decides if a crate is easy or less?

nothing to do with "easy"/"hard" crates, the rules berria suggested were:

cba OR w2w, so you can do w2w, then attack and then get the crate (if you want/can)

Offline Hussar

« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2012, 09:14 AM »

this would be impossible to decide about that things during the game ( i mean about which crate is easy or is'nt)

Ano its easy to explain....... u know how f@#!in frustrating is when ur opponent have few easy crates in a  row, and u need to run for crate after which u cant atack him.

U can be better player in this game, u have better runs, but u can lose with him coz he dont need even to run thats far as u, and thats many times as u.

This rule give u chance to decide, u can risk ( u risking fall, and getting ur crate by ur opponent) u can touch just botch walls and try to attack him like in "sd time" and then get ur crate, or like in current sheme, just take a crate and no atack.

General thing what this rule bring is that u have posibility to atack even if u have f@#!in unlucky crate !!!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 09:29 AM by Berria »

Offline Peja

« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2012, 10:03 AM »
hm i would like to know how many games are really decided because of crates. but according to the posts of some people it happens all  the time  ;D  so maybe someone can  show me some replays where the crate and not that fail decided the game.

also i am bit disappointed agnos gets ignored here, his point is good imo. i hardly see people struggling in w2w sd roping, but it happens when they get a hard crate. so why making the game easier for a majority of people?

VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline Hussar

« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2012, 11:00 AM »
hm i would like to know how many games are really decided because of crates.

u dont know how many ,coz u dont play many ropers mate........

but trust me, as lon as i play i had or i seen many such situations.

i hardly see people struggling in w2w sd roping, but it happens when they get a hard crate. so why making the game easier for a majority of people?

u propably dont uderstand it peja -.- or u just dont read mine posts.....

This does not change the game on easier ....................  just will eliminate a luck porraaaa

cmmon ppl, stop with any speculations here  >:(.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 11:07 AM by Berria »

Offline Peja

« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2012, 11:59 AM »
hm i would like to know how many games are really decided because of crates.

u dont know how many ,coz u dont play many ropers mate........

but trust me, as lon as i play i had or i seen many such situations.

i hardly see people struggling in w2w sd roping, but it happens when they get a hard crate. so why making the game easier for a majority of people?

u propably dont uderstand it peja -.- or u just dont read mine posts.....

This does not change the game on easier ....................  just will eliminate a luck porraaaa

cmmon ppl, stop with any speculations here  >:(.

these are no speculations, these w2w turns are basic, good ropers do it right after getting waked at 3 o clock in the morning. if you could always use w2w, a basic move will be the hardest in the whole game. 
it would elminate some really nice attacks and also a lot of fun. i am already bored in ropers of doing the same stuff over and over again. for me, roper will lose the last part of fun i got with the scheme when i play it in leagues. but your right its not my scheme, maybe i talk complete bullshit xd

ot: wasnt komo supporting the idea of using maps where good ropers can  attack by using their skill, regardless the place into  the crate spawns ?
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline Hussar

« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2012, 12:15 PM »
nope, u dont get it, first go then and try it, play some games and u will see.....

1. u wouldnt use w2w all the time, coz in all cases after atack u want to hide ur worm near ur opponent's worm - if u atack first, and then u want to go for crate, u ll hide or fall in centre of map so a turn of ur opponent wil be easier !!

2. w2w run arent basic that much as u said, if both worms are in one place on map (thats is in most cases)  u need to go touch 2 walls, go back and try to atack good hided worm.

3. its dosnt eliminate nothin (beside luck) game looks very similar like an old one.

4. Last part of fun for u in roper is this what i want to change.................... fff yes i can say it, when w2w rule begins to work u never win roper with good skilled player........

u ll do it only if gonna change ur rope skill my friend.  
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 12:20 PM by Berria »

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2012, 12:57 PM »
Ok . . . Your not getting it.

Why add rules to a scheme when you can remove all rules and acomplish the same thing.

Its funny how many times I've seen someone get a hard crate at the end of the game and then blame crates for his loss. Even though he failed many other turns. It was still the crates fault.

I've seen many many times people will think a crate is impossible, yet someone gets the crate and attacks. So although impossible for some does it not show skill for the people that get them?

All this wxw rule does is help noobs and non effecient ropers.

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2012, 01:00 PM »
What strategy does it add? Do I go for cr8 or wxw? Do hide near the crate I skipped, farthest away from it, or go get? All this brilliant strategy at the cost of reducing the skills needed.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2012, 01:27 PM »
omg Dub just put this sheme , take any skilled friend and play some games, i cant now answer for ur all misses objection coz amin work now,
but i ll do it later for sure.

« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2012, 01:35 PM »
This is why we pitched w2roper long ago, Dub.  It got rejected by the community.

Its funny how many times I've seen someone get a hard crate at the end of the game and then blame crates for his loss. Even though he failed many other turns. It was still the crates fault.

Dub, try to think about what you're saying... are you saying if this person got a manageable crate last turn, then he would have won? doesn't that mean he made less mistakes since he won?  Oh, but he got an impossible crate last turn and lost? so that means he made more mistakes than his opponents and deserved to lose? Whether or not the player made more or less mistakes than his opponent solely depends on that last crate, which is a random drop, according to your logic... please stop using this argument.  

Whenever a roper is even, the past is absolutely irrelevant imo.  If both worms have 40 hp, but flip flopped around all game, then a single crate at the end prevented the kill, then that is utter bullshit for a "competitive" scheme.
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2012, 01:57 PM »
Shy I just don't understand your logic.

Every turn is revelant . . .