Forums
May 18, 2024, 07:29 PM

Author Topic: New Roper !!!!!!!  (Read 6564 times)

Offline Hussar

New Roper !!!!!!!
« on: January 29, 2012, 12:36 PM »
I want to start a new debate with Shyguy and Avirex, we all think then all tus shemes need some changes, so lets start from Roper.
My english is weak but i'll try to explain it. We all hates when our opponent got easy crates during a few turns back, and we have hard once then atack is rly hard or sometimes just impossible to do......

So we want to force new rule in roper !!! i mean exactly about w2w rule .
With this new rule u allweys have two  ways,
- (cba)   u can go for crate like normal,
- (w2w) or u can touch botch walls, go for atack and then try to collect crate.

i think then it perfectly removing unfair cretes from the game and makes game clear and more cool.
well many ppl which i talked think good about this idea, so lets make a debate about it.

All ppl who will be for No, i just trust then they tryed to play at least one game with this rule.

i give link to game also https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-98908/

and plz mods make here Votings, i cant find this option anywhere  8)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 02:06 PM by Berria »

Offline Alien

Re: New Roper !!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 12:56 PM »
actually a nice idea, let's see what people will say about this. :)

Offline skOrpuz

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 01:28 PM »
yeah, good idea! once while i was in WM, we used to play this way precisely cause of crates! the games were much more fun and fair

i agree

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 01:31 PM »
approves your idea, Berria! GJ!

Offline HHC

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 01:33 PM »
No ty for me.

When you're playing against a machine (99% hit) an impossible crate can give a little bit of fresh air once in a while, needed to get yourself together and try to make a comeback. With the alternative w2w-route a sweet roper should, in principle, be capable of making hits every single turn. That doesn't really help the motivation of the lesser roper (or the competition).

Offline Hussar

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 01:45 PM »
No ty for me.

When you're playing against a machine (99% hit) an impossible crate can give a little bit of fresh air once in a while, needed to get yourself together and try to make a comeback. With the alternative w2w-route a sweet roper should, in principle, be capable of making hits every single turn. That doesn't really help the motivation of the lesser roper (or the competition).

in my mind the player who is playing game better should win !
going by ur way, u can play suck but crates give u a chance to win, its not fair !!

edit: HHC go try it first, its even more fun then playing with old rules, and u ll take more pleasuire from this game :)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 02:00 PM by Berria »

Offline HHC

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 01:51 PM »
I think people know by now that for me fun & close games >>>> skill-showdown.  ;)

Offline Alien

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 02:03 PM »
No ty for me.

also the easy crates, can give the better player an advantage.

Offline Peja

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 02:49 PM »
dunno never thought i would say this but i like hhcs point. i really dont want to get crashed by a train  ;D
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline Maciej

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 03:22 PM »
IMO we should delete all the schemes and play only ttrr.

Stop this, roper was played this way for so long time now and I have never heard so many complains from losers about rules like these days. There are even more lucky schemes like T17 or shopper, and they were always in classic league too. Ppl just had fun playing them, and I'm still sure Dulek beats you in 10 on 10 games even with harder crates.

Offline Peja

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 03:46 PM »

Stop this, roper was played this way for so long time now and I have never heard so many complains from losers about rules like these days. There are even more lucky schemes like T17 or shopper, and they were always in classic league too. Ppl just had fun playing them, and I'm still sure Dulek beats you in 10 on 10 games even with harder crates.

HUAHAUHAAHAUHAUHUAHAAAHUAEHA.
fr vid now.

can we pls add a tus award for the non funniest jokes?
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline Alien

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 03:55 PM »
wrong topic to ask for that guys xd

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 04:15 PM »
I'll delete every post regarding these Maciej/Kaleu nonsense.

Back to topic,
I don't believe in crate rape in roper and I think the scheme always balances itself out. However I like this rule.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Phanton

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2012, 04:32 PM »

HUAHAUHAAHAUHAUHUAHAAAHUAEHA.
fr vid now.

can we pls add a tus award for the non funniest jokes?

+ 1 pejote :D huahsuasasa
Miss, old's players..... Miss, old's times :)

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2012, 05:17 PM »
This rule at least makes the w2w rule in sudden death make sense; that rule kind of just randomly pops out of no where into the game.  My suggestion would be to slightly decrease retreat time so if they chose to do w2w instead of crate, there is a more challenging act to use retreat time to go back and get the crate.

This rule is kind of drastic, though, and we all know WA dislikes drastic change.  I suggest to first remove the ridiculous first turn zook rule first. that is all.
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi