Forums
May 12, 2024, 04:10 AM

Author Topic: Remove Hysteria?  (Read 7509 times)

Offline Breeze

Remove Hysteria?
« on: June 15, 2011, 03:11 PM »
Ok sorry, but I'm going on a rant here.

Why on earth is this scheme even within the choices of a league?
Every game I have played of this has lead to the same conclusion, idiotic.

I have not seen one person demonstrate any skills what so ever in this scheme.  So far it's been a F10 (Petrol Bomb) fest.  Random starting positions (stupid), random mine placement.  I cannot grasp even in the slightest why this scheme is freely available on a Worms Armageddon league.  No offence to whoever made it (KRD?), it's just not League Worthy, it seems like a fun type of scheme for new players.

I can understand wanting to get new players to start playing and all, but it feels like I left an awesome community full of talented players to come back to very bad players.  I mean when I first got into leagues and all that I had to learn the hard way, I welcomed the challenge.  I'm just having a rant because it is putting me off playing worms... already, after such a short time coming back.  I'm very tempted to quit worms again, or avoid TUS games.

Thoughts? Also remove Lucker, sorry, Roper.

I have no issues losing to elites, BnGs, RR's etc. :-)

Re: Remove Hysteria?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 03:17 PM »
Avoid TUS games if you dont enjoy it. Such complain wont make life easier for you. There are other options to play leagues without someone picking something you dont like, i.e TRL, TEL addicted2bng or Open Normal League.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 03:24 PM by lacoste »
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline Maciej

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 03:18 PM »
well, in hysteria irritate me hides at the end of the game... but this scheme got popular, and many ppl play it, I couldn't remove it. It's game of bng skill and bit tactic when you get less worms. For more reflex, I couldn't pick up LG, jp and shot from zook like somebodies do. It's cool.
But yes, it's a lucky game too, you can leading whole game and lose at the end because of... bad luck. But IMO it should stay, it's always a chance for less-skilled players against potentially better opponents. And I still like this scheme ;)

Offline wowwow

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 03:22 PM »

Choose your opponents better so.

I have not seen one person demonstrate any skills what so ever in this scheme.

Sorry , what?? I have played  lot of games with skilled people killing me so easily , try beating Gal , titahemp , Gabriel...

And also , i have seen a lot of videos of nice shots , and most of them were in bng and hysteria...

So far it's been a F10 (Petrol Bomb) fest.

Again , choose your opponents better.

Also you could restrict the scheme to 7 petrols for example , if you both agree.

Random starting positions (stupid)

Man , You want to play bng or hysteria?

Where is the point of choose starting positions?

I cannot grasp even in the slightest why this scheme is freely available on a Worms Armageddon league.  No offence to whoever made it (KRD?), it's just not League Worthy, it seems like a fun type of scheme for new players.

Well , after what i have just say , this seem pointless to argument against. Its a scheme

that needs some kind of skills and indeed its a league scheme for me.

I agree its fun for new players , but its also for old players i think :D

it feels like I left an awesome community full of talented players to come back to very bad players.

Bad players? What are you talking about? Ckeck your words...

I agree lol

nah , i think this scheme also needs some kind of skills , but im not going to argument about a scheme i hate :D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 03:24 PM by wowwow »

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 03:26 PM »
i totally agree breeze, hyst is the dumbest scheme, put pro instead or something but hyst is just a joke lol

Offline wowwow

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 03:28 PM »
i totally agree breeze, hyst is the dumbest scheme, put pro instead or something but hyst is just a joke lol

I would like you to argument your ideas as breeze did

Why is it dumb? Can you beat everyone having luck? I think not.

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 03:31 PM »
if remove Hysteria coz is a stupid and unfair scheme, also must to do with Roper scheme

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 03:33 PM »
I would like you to argument your ideas as breeze did

Why is it dumb? Can you beat everyone having luck? I think not.

Its the style hysteria is played on TUS that annoys hell out of some people, and i agree its dumb, thats why i dont play it.
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline Throsti

• I am just Throsti

• Poland Poland
  • Pn Pn clan

• Paweł Abramowicz.
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook.
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 03:53 PM »
Ok sorry, but I'm going on a rant here.

Why on earth is this scheme even within the choices of a league?

I have not seen one person demonstrate any skills what so ever in this scheme.  So far it's been a F10 (Petrol Bomb) fest.  Random starting positions (stupid), random mine placement.  I cannot grasp even in the slightest why this scheme is freely available on a Worms Armageddon league.  No offence to whoever made it (KRD?), it's just not League Worthy, it seems like a fun type of scheme for new players.

I can understand wanting to get new players to start playing and all, but it feels like I left an awesome community full of talented players to come back to very bad players.  I mean when I first got into leagues and all that I had to learn the hard way, I welcomed the challenge.  I'm just having a rant because it is putting me off playing worms... already, after such a short time coming back.  I'm very tempted to quit worms again, or avoid TUS games.

I have no issues losing to elites, BnGs, RR's etc. :-)

>>>SIGNED! Telecowers make me so angry :<

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 03:59 PM »
The arguments of someone who isn't used to playing hysteria.
Basically, you're annoyed at people who prefer winning a really dull game over losing a really exciting game. These people can ruin any scheme if they really want to.
notching in BnG, hiding on top in ropers, are these reasons these schemes should be removed?
Should we remove every scheme that has possibilities for this kind of play? This doesn't really give us a lot of options then... bungeerace and sheeprace, perhaps? I know we can't have RR cause of people extending their way through maps, such lamers to play it safe! (oh, wait, that's what I do if my roping sucks balls).

But to say winning hysteria games doesn't take skill, that's just silly. You need to arm yourself against possible tactics in hysteria, dude. If you play well and think tactically, a bad hysteria player will have no chance against you. If you want a game without turn order abuse, I suggest you play against Husk. The guy cares only about having fun, does some ridiculous lg jetpack shots, but can still pack one hell of a punch.

Throsti: there's no such thing as telecow. Ask Cybershadow to make a weapon that enables you to teleport cows and only then will there be telecows. I don't think he'll do it, though :<

Offline nino

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 04:10 PM »
i dont like hysteria too, it is dumb imo, but i can see the skill of it.

breeze just chill m8, i know what u feel, if i tell u the big sucess of moment is to play elite in f@#!ing huge edited maps? cos hides lol, time changes , and it changes the ways too, and ye, sometimes it sucks.
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Breeze

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 04:14 PM »
I'm not having a dig at all, at players, I just really would like to see some worthy arguements to why a scheme like this should stay.
I mean, I cringed when WxW made it into leagues as well.  Maybe I'm just an old fuddy duddy.

I thought I'd get an intelligent response from DarkOne, but I think he's taken me the wrong way.  I just want an open discussion on the scheme.

Like I know the mature thing to do would to be just deny people TUS games if there pick is Hysteria. (Mature, or smart? ;))

Roper has always been a joke scheme, we all know it -- regardless of skill level.  TTRR is a great scheme, the people with great roping abilities (not me!!) really shine in this scheme.  Same goes for Elite & BnG, the talented players demonstrate there skill every game.  I'm just trying to understand, I have been hiding a for a few years now, so maybe the community has moved on.. etc etc..

I really DO NOT MEAN to offend anyone! :-)

Offline Breeze

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 04:15 PM »
i dont like hysteria too, it is dumb imo, but i can see the skill of it.

breeze just chill m8, i know what u feel, if i tell u the big sucess of moment is to play elite in f@#!ing huge edited maps? cos hides lol, time changes , and it changes the ways too, and ye, sometimes it sucks.

You beat my post Nino. :0

Offline Throsti

• I am just Throsti

• Poland Poland
  • Pn Pn clan

• Paweł Abramowicz.
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook.
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 04:16 PM »
Throsti: there's no such thing as telecow. Ask Cybershadow to make a weapon that enables you to teleport cows and only then will there be telecows. I don't think he'll do it, though :<

>>> I know what to solve this problem. Select worm or random sequence

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2011, 04:20 PM »
I thought I'd get an intelligent response from DarkOne

Why on earth would you do such a silly thing? ;D

If a discussion on hysteria was all you wanted, there have been numerous discussions on the scheme. It's easy to find them :)

Throsti: why didn't you join this cup then to see the effect of random turn order?