Forums
April 28, 2024, 07:21 PM

Poll

Do you want to change league rules regarding mono-picking?

Yes, set 0 points to those players that don't want to play certain schemes
Yes, we want a matchmaking system so people won't be able to avoid (you must play your opponent pick anyway)
Yes, but i have a better idea (specify it in the topic)
No, i'm an egoistic son of a bitch that hasn't understood yet that TUS Classic has got 8 schemes

Author Topic: Scheme avoiding  (Read 8180 times)

Offline Csongi

Re: Scheme avoiding
« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2016, 12:32 PM »
These guys that can't manage to master every scheme is a disrespect for people that practice harder to achieve it, if I was the admin here noone would be able to play if one can't or refuse to play certain scheme, I mean serisouly guys, if you can't play all the LEAGUE schemes why would play it at all? Makes no sense, actually this makes more no sense that they are allowed to do it and abuse it. This is not a league, this is a playground.

There's no big impact here for changes, we would need support from old allrounders that were top ranking in the past overall, this topic is a noobfest right now, lul.

One of the few posts I've read in this topic..Good one!
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." - Robert Orben

[avirex`mm] ill rape ur mother
[avirex`mm] twice in the same night
[avirex`mm] and she will ask for a third
[avirex`mm] cuz she's a whore

kins> Don't let girls ruins ur tus games :)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #91 on: October 22, 2016, 12:44 PM »
Really wanted to avoid these forums, but feel the need to copy this from shoutbox to this thread as I feel it's relevant.

The problem is nobody really likes WA anymore, sad truth :(

There are thousands of players, the vast majority of which are casual time to time players who play solely for fun, then there are maybe 100 active regular players ranging from 5+ years of playing, most of these guys are bored now, then there are guys like you, who are completely addicted to WA only just now reaching your peak of skill, while most players reached their peak 10 years ago lol

There are still many players, but they are interested in their favourite schemes only because of limited time

There are only a handful of people who spend their whole day everyday wanting to play WA, and for them it's easy to play all schemes, but guys who play only 1-2 hours each day, want to spend THAT time doing the thing they enjoy most, that's why it's called luxury not mandatory

I understand how frustrated Sbaffo is, but the unfortunate truth is, calling people cowards etc is selfish and negative, nobody wants to associate with negative people.

You cannot simply demand activity and competition out of thin air

The game has to have enough people who actually enjoy that aspect 1st, and we don't :/

Can you even name 10 people off the top of your head, without looking at names, who play same hours as you and enjoys WA as much as you?

That is the 1st problem, forget TUS, we lack players with a passion for the game similar to yours to begin with

And no wonder, they come on TUS, see oldschool players acting like bitter fools(myself included) and lose interest in the game cuz they see us as a pathetic community of whingy bitches...

Starting working together, show the outside world this community has more to offer than insults, grudges and cheating, show them we are kind, fun people to hang out with, THEN, and ONLY THEN, people may show interest again.

Tehe alternative is, waste your time here, or find something else to do with your life :/

Offline Senator

« Reply #92 on: October 22, 2016, 12:59 PM »
Sbaffo, the current practice is that you don't get a free win (see the quote of MI). I wrote how the rule could be changed for future cases. Got it?

Offline MarianRV

« Reply #93 on: October 22, 2016, 02:35 PM »
Rofl @ 4th option for vote xD

Offline RIP

« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2016, 02:38 PM »
The Komodo 100% right.
Враг думал — это пень, а снайпер снес ему мозги набекрень.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I play for fun unlike you и⊥ʎdʞ ин ʞɐʞ…
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
And the pain and the fear passes, unchangeable only death.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #95 on: October 22, 2016, 04:57 PM »
If there are action to be taken to this entire situation.

I would suggest separate leagues, with plain design & random scheme picker.

I know a lot of you don't appreciate mole shopper, hell, even I don't. But this scheme is popular whenever you like it or not, and having such scheme in novice league could boost the overall league activity. This could divide the player base and issues that novice and experienced players have with each others.

Both leagues should have maximum of 4 schemes, NL: Mole Shopper, Team17, Normal & Big RR. These are the schemes I would think of that are less avoided and most popular. Schemes like Roper, WxW, Elite, BnG and TTRR are more intimidating for beginners and casuals, so therefore it would make sense to have them in Pro League.

The way for this to succeed is to have a dedicated page for this league, with plain English, design, easy to work around, because this is the world we live in now, it needs to be simple. TuS is nice and all, but it is sort of confusing and sophisticated.
People shouldn't be able to choose their schemes except maybe Playoffs. I know this isn't a popular choice either, but it could help alleviate the choosing the scheme process, avoiding, and drama. Scheme Picker will pick a scheme, and if that scheme isn't played, you will not be able to play more games with that person until the game the scheme picker picked will be played.

To enter Pro League, you will need to PM a moderators, and the moderators will evaluate your position, reputation, and perhaps your NL league statistic.
This way, pro league will have hardcore passionate players such as Sbaffo. The number might be smaller and more manageable.

Of course, if this is to work, it would require a lot of effort on design, and promotion on WormNET.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline darKz

« Reply #96 on: October 22, 2016, 06:00 PM »
Came here for the Kradie post, was triggered as expected. 10/10
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #97 on: October 22, 2016, 07:42 PM »
To enter Pro League, you will need to PM a moderators, and the moderators will evaluate your position, reputation, and perhaps your NL league statistic.
This way, pro league will have hardcore passionate players such as Sbaffo. The number might be smaller and more manageable.
Oh I'm sure senator and MI would love to do this.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #98 on: October 22, 2016, 08:40 PM »
Lol.. Yeah Kradie, MI will give this community more of his free time on daily basis, just because few players are more passionate than others ;)

They're so full of this site, I tried to donate few times last month and no one of mods even bothered to make it happen haha :)

Offline ANO

« Reply #99 on: October 23, 2016, 01:31 PM »
I want to see your face Kradie. Where is yr photo?

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #100 on: October 24, 2016, 05:57 AM »
There's always been activity issue with TUS. It started at 2008, several years after the game release and after many other leagues. In fact TUS united the community when it was torn apart. TUS is 8 years old now too.

The activity problem, led us into setting up rules trying to keep activity as much as possible. While concepts like "this league has 8 schemes" are completely valid, but it brings problems where activity is at stake. I'll list some of them: (not my opinion, just listing what happened to TUS so far)

- When someone do not like to play, they'll hand out free wins. It's still a game in a free league. People are looking to have fun. Some of them just don't enjoy playing an hour-long BnG match. We've had this. Then counter argument was "player A's position in standings is fake because of free wins fake points".

- Players who liked to play a single scheme, ultimately abandoned the league. They didn't like to play it in funners, because they wanted their opponents to be trying their best. So a league match had the challenge but in league they had to play another scheme that they didn't like.

- Disagreements on TUS, led to senseless free wins and complaint threads. Some players started reporting free wins over one line. I asked for TUS, he said "me" but didn't join my game.

TUS has a cup system. There are fixed players in a cup, they must arrange their matches and avoiding is not an option. If a player avoid, they will be giving free wins automatically.

TUS leagues has a different system, that's because it is based on whoever is available. This makes players to meet all kinds of opponents. Different ages and different personalities. Some players do not find any fun with certain opponents and try to avoid them as much as possible. I've done that myself. I remember I just didn't like some wormer's attitude and I just skipped him. But this also makes room for people to avoid better players or to avoid for other reasons.

But at the end of every league season, comes the playoffs. No matter how someone avoid certain schemes/players, in playoffs there will be no avoiding of any kind.

I think the current "agreement" rule is OK. It's not perfect, but overall it works.

@Kradie, There's just not enough activity to split the league into two divisions. We're having activity issues with one division at the moment.

@Sensei, Paypal is blocked in my country. The Paypal donation button on TUS belonged to DarkOne, he did me a favor and allowed TUS to use his own personal Paypal account to receive donations. After DarkOne got inactive, I couldn't use his account and asked a few people around and they all kindly rejected. I'm totally OK with that, there's no need to make a fuss out of it.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 06:06 AM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #101 on: October 24, 2016, 08:24 AM »
@Sensei, Paypal is blocked in my country. The Paypal donation button on TUS belonged to DarkOne, he did me a favor and allowed TUS to use his own personal Paypal account to receive donations. After DarkOne got inactive, I couldn't use his account and asked a few people around and they all kindly rejected. I'm totally OK with that, there's no need to make a fuss out of it.
I PM'ed you alborz, would be willing to help do your money laundering

Offline lalo

« Reply #102 on: October 24, 2016, 08:33 AM »
I PM'ed you alborz, would be willing to help do your money laundering

Why don't you get a bitcoin wallet?

On topic: Sbaffo, I so understand you but this is not a perfect world and there will always be some players that like to take the easy path. You are a good honorable player, you are unique, but not everybody has the same mindset than you. I used to noobash in my early years and I learnt there is no joy in achieving anything that way. Let people learn that lesson by themselves and hope for a change.
Stop caring! At the end of the day we are talking about some dope worms doing crazy stuff on a rope and shooting zookas off their asses.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 08:50 AM by lalo »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #103 on: October 24, 2016, 11:31 AM »
I never made paypal. Was wondering can I transfer money on some account over visa electron card?

Offline Senator

« Reply #104 on: October 24, 2016, 05:08 PM »
Then counter argument was "player A's position in standings is fake because of free wins fake points".

I don't think this is a problem. When you hand out a free win, you would have probably lost the game anyway. Usually people don't pick a scheme they are worse at, and people don't give a free win when they have a decent chance to win.

harpy might have accepted Roper against a worse player (which seemed to be the case cos he said he can't win Sbaffo in Roper) so it's kinda stupid he can openly look for tus and start banning schemes only when he finds out who is his opponent. Of course avoiders can always send "tus?" PMs to noobs and "tus defaults?" PMs to top players instead of open "tus anyone" but at least we could get rid of these clear avoiding situations like Sbaffo's and harpy's.

But at the end of every league season, comes the playoffs. No matter how someone avoid certain schemes/players, in playoffs there will be no avoiding of any kind.

The problem is that you can get the advantage of picking 3 of 5 schemes in the playoffs by avoiding certain schemes/players during the season.