4 (11.8%)
8 Weeks
7 (20.6%)
10 Weeks
1 (2.9%)
12 Weeks
4 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: Seasons length  (Read 4244 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

Seasons length
« on: November 18, 2008, 12:01 PM »
Please poll how much you'd like each season to last.
It will specify our rate and standings too.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Re: Seasons length
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 03:26 PM »
i voted for 4 weeks... i think longer then a month is a little too long, at 4 weeks theres already a bunch of people who want a fresh start

Offline pr

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 04:40 PM »
i think lengths of free and classic leagues should differ.
classic: 1 month,
free: 2 months

Offline chakkman

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 11:29 AM »
monkey, as the ppl voted 4 weeks length for the classic league, shouldnt be season 1 over yet? would be best to end it at the last day of the month actually so its not that confusing...
unless u wanna make season 1 last longer because it didnt start at the beginning of the month (dunno).

Offline Face

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 11:49 AM »
1 month for season, but as pointed out, first season should be a bit longer. People are still joining league (not everyone knows about it) so I personally would give 1st season 2 months length to let things settle down.

Offline pr

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 02:08 PM »
1 month for season, but as pointed out, first season should be a bit longer. People are still joining league (not everyone knows about it) so I personally would give 1st season 2 months length to let things settle down.
agreed

Offline Rok

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 04:30 PM »

That's good idea. U'll get clearer picture about what to improve... And season 2 would start on nice date of 1.1.2009 :)
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline pr

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 04:42 PM »
That's good idea. U'll get clearer picture about what to improve... And season 2 would start on nice date of 1.1.2009 :)

« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 04:46 PM by pr »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 06:09 PM »
Well, Honestly I like the idea. But there will be some conflict with my codes ^^ as they are adjust the way to make each seasons 30 days. This season started 12th last month.
The new version of league is almost ready (Got a bit more work). 

Talking about making 1st season 2 month, gives the process some delay.
And The only negative problem I see is I could have some seasons statistics to compare to see how things changed in each season and that kinda require having same length seasons.

edit :   There have been over 800 games on TUS till now.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 08:23 PM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 01:38 PM »
i feel with you monkey xD
i can imagine how much shit work all these changes produce...

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2008, 08:51 PM »
my experiences tells me its really hard to get people to play playoffs (depends on how u can motivate them) so 2 months is best because u get less playoffs to manage and it makes reaching the playoffs more important.

id also suggest no playoffs for free beacuse its jsut too many, id also considering only displaying free standings with the schemes that arnt classic, so then you can see the top players of 'none league schemes' and maybe rank the top 3 players in a hall of fame.

But with classic, don't make too many playoffs because its hard to get people to finish their games, alot of leagues have had this problem over the years, and unless you make some really cool features like hall of fame and trophies it'll be hard to get the games done, espically if there are 2 sets of playoffs once a month and the same players reach both for free and classic.

Offline Ray

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2009, 05:17 PM »
This topic came up again recently (mostly by beer on the chatbox :-*).
Let me tell you guys that I agree with beer. This activity deserves shorter seasons, I would go with either 30 or 40 days.

my experiences tells me its really hard to get people to play playoffs (depends on how u can motivate them) so 2 months is best because u get less playoffs to manage and it makes reaching the playoffs more important.

In my opinion, this is because nowadays, great part of the community does not know about the Playoffs, don't know how it works, what is it exactly. Against that:

• We should urge the translating process.
  • Send emails to every person that qualified himself to the Playoffs at the end of the season with the information needed AND on the language he set on the site.
  • Create a KICKASS Hall Of Fame.  <--- LINK :-\
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 12:49 AM by Ray »

Offline beer

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2009, 06:21 PM »
i voted for 4 weeks... i think longer then a month is a little too long, at 4 weeks theres already a bunch of people who want a fresh start

thats what i think.
btw, tus changed for 2 month, why? cose there was no enough games to have playoff.. maybe for clanner and free its should have more time. like 6 weeks clanner, 4 singles still
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 06:24 PM by beer »

drama queen iz back

Offline Ray

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2009, 06:30 PM »
If we take the clanners into consideration, we see that the problem there is that there are no many active clans. Maybe 4-5, that's it. And Free League is just... something to be removed and something else should take the scheme's place. Like Tourney or Cup part. I don't know, but I really hate Free League right now. :D

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2009, 11:57 PM »
yea, free league is pretty pointless.. same with countries, getting rid of that content on the site will make it easier to navigate aswell

I agree with all ur points Ray on how to create that interested in playoffs. But i think those changes need to be done before the season length is reduced.

I think beer's point of people wanting a new start and season are only because they are close or have already made playoff requirements. the single leagues are still interesting to those fighting for a playoff space.