Forums
May 03, 2024, 05:01 AM

Author Topic: Shoppa/wXw and petrol  (Read 852 times)

Offline Anubis

Shoppa/wXw and petrol
« on: July 11, 2013, 12:13 AM »
Hey, I noticed that petrol in wXw/shoppa is either the best weapon you can get (blocking worms) or pretty useless (usually on wXw). Shouldn't a weapon always have a use and on certain maps shouldn't be the best? Even if you only do 1 dmg with petrol it is still best to attack with it if u get a blocked in worm.

What do you think? Should petrol be removed?

Oh and, if you disagree, tell me (with replay) a good use of petrol other than blocking.

Offline Tomi

Re: Shoppa/wXw and petrol
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 06:02 AM »
In my opinion in shopper it is ok that the scheme has petrol, coz you can get them from cr8s, you don't have them in your weapons. So it is not so frequent to have it. And if you are expert in shopper, then you can think about that your opponent may have petrols, so you won't take hides where you can be blocked.

Honestly I don't like petrols in shopper, but I can live with that..

In ANO's wxw scheme you have petrols from the beginning of the game, and that is really bad I guess. They are usually really useless in wxw. I wouldn't miss petrols from wxw scheme, coz I don't like being blocked in wxw. They are just bad like the shortcuts on barman's maps xD (joke ;D  :P  :-*)

Offline Triad

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 11:20 AM »
i dont like petrol in both scheme, i want them remove from wxw and shopper too.

Offline Swist

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 09:01 AM »
Yah I have lost lots wxws becasue I didnt have petrol and my opponent did. Petrols make these schemes more lucky than they are. Same thing is with clusters. Remind me 1 clanner when we were totally pwned, becasue opponent got 2x 3clusters. Its fking sick.

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 11:20 AM »
I like petrol and i guess it's an useful weapon in different ways, but if you are going to win, better no hidding to avoid the cluster/petrol risk.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 11:53 AM »
Petrol is very useful and adds tactic to the game, that is my opinion!
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Husk

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 12:32 PM »
I think anubis was looking for examples where petrol has been useful without the intention of blocking

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 01:42 PM »
f@#! petrol !

Offline Anubis

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2013, 01:51 PM »
Petrol is very useful and adds tactic to the game, that is my opinion!

It is only useful if the map supports the weapon, on many wXw maps petrol is simply useless because you can't trap a worm inside and it's damage is pitiful compared to other standard weapons making it a bad draw if you happen to get one on such maps.

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2013, 02:37 PM »
push the worm next at some wall + drill 45 gg