Forums
May 02, 2024, 08:01 PM

Author Topic: Changing Classic League Schemes  (Read 24503 times)

Offline Korydex

Re: Changing Classic League Schemes
« Reply #315 on: June 02, 2015, 08:05 PM »
del
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 05:23 PM by Korydex »

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #316 on: September 06, 2015, 08:44 AM »
remove shopper and wxw cos there's roper

wut ?  ;o
roper is more challenging than shoppers, and shoppers are not really classical because they were not part of old leagues like wacl and cl2k

yes they were.... wxw wasn't!

Offline style

« Reply #317 on: September 06, 2015, 04:05 PM »
Newschool crap schemes won't be removed nor will there be any changes to get this into a positive way or to bring back the old habits of a skill required league.

Why? There can be lots of opinions now and I'm sure the trash talkers will keep their job by construe it to a point they don't really care about. Since they only play roper, wxw, darts and rr on a regularly basis or even avoid to play the opponent's pick in case it's default or anything they don't LIKE.

In return to the question: It's simply due to increasing and/or keeping the activity level of this site/community. Leagues have already been splitted to customize the target audience. TUS Classic's activity would decrease if schemes like shoppa and hyst - that definitely don't deserve to be there imo - got terminated. The range of schemes are simply too much. Variety of classic schemes should be lowered. Thus there would be either a risk of 10 different leagues with 5 players each cuz they fit their expections or the loss of player's activity due to quitting to play league games. I could extend this even more and list up pro/contra but this won't lead into anything anyway.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #318 on: September 06, 2015, 07:30 PM »
Newschool crap schemes won't be removed nor will there be any changes to get this into a positive way or to bring back the old habits of a skill required league.

What exactly do you believe would make this a "skill required league" and what do you think would make it "active"?

Personally, I don't believe Team17 is skill enough for Classic League, but it's a "Classic" scheme...

"Newschool crap schemes"? What makes them crap? The fact you don't like them? The fact they weren't invented when WA was still in nappies?

I bet if all schemes available NOW were available when WA was released, the schemes you know and love as Classic, wouldn't all be known/remembered in the same way.

Since they only play roper, wxw, darts and rr on a regularly basis or even avoid to play the opponent's pick in case it's default or anything they don't LIKE.

Those 4 schemes you mentioned are great schemes, they are fun, they are competitive, i'd agree less with Roper because of the amount of luck involved on stupid maps people tend to play these days but played on the right map those 4 schemes are very skill-based.

I agree it's a bit lame to avoid playing the opponents pick, feels bad when someone refuses your pick... But then again on the other hand it's their life, it's their choice to play or forfeit, it's their time, and you can't force them to play or that would be even worse.

In return to the question: It's simply due to increasing and/or keeping the activity level of this site/community. Leagues have already been splitted to customize the target audience. TUS Classic's activity would decrease if schemes like shoppa and hyst - that definitely don't deserve to be there imo - got terminated. The range of schemes are simply too much. Variety of classic schemes should be lowered. Thus there would be either a risk of 10 different leagues with 5 players each cuz they fit their expections or the loss of player's activity due to quitting to play league games. I could extend this even more and list up pro/contra but this won't lead into anything anyway.

Agree with all that, too much choice, but that's evolution  :o