Forums
May 05, 2024, 03:07 PM

Author Topic: Team17 for clanners  (Read 2520 times)

Re: Team17 for clanners
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2013, 01:49 PM »
T17 already takes a long time, but make it longer changing SD?  Draws would be even more unbearable.

Longer round time stands a chance of reducing the number of draws and making the early and mid game more relevant to the outcome of matches. You know, fix the actual problems with the way the scheme is played currently. Average round length in and off itself just isn't one of them, not compared to other league schemes.

By no means do I think nearly doubling round time for clanners only is an elegant enough solution, but somewhere between 12 and 14 minutes instead of the current 10 (in my scheme anyway, I'm not sure what TUS uses) is something I've considered before and couldn't spot any immediate problems apart from players simply having to get used to it. Certainly though I think the resulting new scheme should be made to work unchanged for both singles and clanners, as well as not drastically alter the unique strategy of the scheme (as some other proposals here would).

I'm also yet to figure out why crate probability is apparently all over the place in the T17 schemes used on TUS today. Has anyone ever explained why the old way of doing it, with the same probability for every weapon (except cows) was flawed? I guess that's a somewhat separate discussion, though.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 04:05 PM by KoreanRedDragon »

Offline avirex

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2013, 09:29 PM »
lolo right, i never supported your w2 roper, i never supported ropeknocking in elite and t17. imo if you wanna improve t17 talk with van, he already is/was working on it.

its not the w2roper, or anything else im referring to, it just seems like you knock any attempt for change... maybe your the type of person that just does not like change, or maybe you really do believe that all these schemes are the best they can possibly be....

but its a bit frustrating when people dont even give things a chance to find out.

Offline Maciej

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2013, 06:32 AM »
jesus, another drama topic because "omg, I have lost a game, and I'm that pro, I couldn't lose it!"
We used to play this scheme for few years now, and you still didn't learn tactic in t17 I see. There are not needed any changes, and we should back to infinite girders too imo.
If you don't like to have 4 worms while SD, you should attack as many times as possible. And if you had 4 worms while SD and you still lose it's only your problem. If you played well, your opponent must have 4 good SD weapons and it really doesn't happen, so you should draw it at least.
So go back and try your better next time, because you wouldn't complain if it was a won game.

ye, I'm waiting for smites now, only because hhc has better reputation than me. But I don't care, hope that few people will understand me, and I'm not afraid about telling my own minds.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2013, 06:43 AM »
Maciej, HHC is one of the most skilled & experienced Team17 players of all time... Team17 has been debated for years and years, and many still recognise it could do with improvement, more so, every scheme is kinda in the same boat...

Why are people saying, along the lines of "he lost a game, and now he wants change" HHC has probably won thousands of Team17 as well as lost at least many hundreds, I wouldn't be surprised if he's played 10,000+ Team17 games & many different leagues with different Team17 schemes since he started playing worms do you really think he made this decision because of 1 game, really LOL?!

You should not get smited, you haven't said anything insulting, you spoke your mind and that is fine, but give HHC a chance, cmon, it's HereHeComes for crying out loud !

Offline Kyho

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2013, 11:21 AM »
we should back to infinite girders too imo.
Let's add infinite rope too :< .
Imo we should decrease water level rising in sd to make it more important part of round .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2013, 10:04 AM »
Maciej, HHC is one of the most skilled & experienced Team17 players of all time... Team17 has been debated for years and years, and many still recognise it could do with improvement, more so, every scheme is kinda in the same boat...

Why are people saying, along the lines of "he lost a game, and now he wants change" HHC has probably won thousands of Team17 as well as lost at least many hundreds, I wouldn't be surprised if he's played 10,000+ Team17 games & many different leagues with different Team17 schemes since he started playing worms do you really think he made this decision because of 1 game, really LOL?!

You should not get smited, you haven't said anything insulting, you spoke your mind and that is fine, but give HHC a chance, cmon, it's HereHeComes for crying out loud !

most likely because when this idea was presented for the second time in TUS, long ago, HHC was strongly against it.

But now he lost a game and... I'm not drawing any connections
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline avirex

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2013, 11:59 AM »
somtimes it takes losing to realize the scheme is jacked...

look at hyst, the only people who think its a good scheme are the ones who win...

they thought "hmmm ill practice this jacked up kill your own worm to win scheme and beat even pros some day"

now they dont want to get rid of the damn scheme...

we need to figure out how to make them lose ;D

Offline HHC

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2013, 12:03 PM »
most likely because when this idea was presented for the second time in TUS, long ago, HHC was strongly against it.

But now he lost a game and... I'm not drawing any connections

Which idea are we talking about? There's a dozen mentioned in this thread.

If it were true, which I kinda doubt, what would be the problem anyway? That I changed my opinion from long ago to a new one?
I'm not a prophet lol.

edit: counted turns in yesterday's T17 against TdC.
10 turns till the counter hit 0. That's 5 turns for each player.
That's 10 crates per clan. Mmh!

« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 12:12 PM by HHC »

Offline avirex

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2013, 01:44 AM »
dont pay any attention to ropa, hhc...

he just likes to be a "i told you so" type of guy, the type no one likes. ;)

Offline ArsGoetia

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2013, 03:13 AM »

T17 is the most useless scheme for league ever created ... I know, maybe it has years being played .... but c'mon, it's a game that takes at least 20+ min per game,  and when u least expect it, yes, it finished with a draw, lets repeat another 20+ min and hope it doesn't finish with a draw again .... and here, is when conflicts arise, cuz it is a tired and bored game so opponents refuse to repeat it once again ... however i will not generalize , there are games that end before SD (i suppose are minimal)

Maybe t17 needs skills , i will not say it is just luck, but c'mon, most of t17 players (im included) try to take cr8s in first turns, (obviously, if u've got a dyna and worm close u hit them...)  and then when u've got a ''SD weapon'' lets take a corner side, burn time and go for SD... and well... pray the opponent doesn't force a draw... that's the basic strategy of this game ... as i told in other post , i would like to see a percent of draws in t17, i don't think that's possible but well ... an approximate percentage would be nice ... for me 40% of t17 finishes in draw, and this is a lower number ...
[GrW`AnGsT-tgH] hey, have you noticed that Komo always makes the maps a little smaller on one side?
[``GrW-ROp3Rz`] yes, I think that is cross-eyed

Offline deejay

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2013, 03:28 AM »

T17 is the most useless scheme for league ever created ... I know, maybe it has years being played .... but c'mon, it's a game that takes at least 20+ min per game,  and when u least expect it, yes, it finished with a draw, lets repeat another 20+ min and hope it doesn't finish with a draw again .... and here, is when conflicts arise, cuz it is a tired and bored game so opponents refuse to repeat it once again ... however i will not generalize , there are games that end before SD (i suppose are minimal)

Maybe t17 needs skills , i will not say it is just luck, but c'mon, most of t17 players (im included) try to take cr8s in first turns, (obviously, if u've got a dyna and worm close u hit them...)  and then when u've got a ''SD weapon'' lets take a corner side, burn time and go for SD... and well... pray the opponent doesn't force a draw... that's the basic strategy of this game ... as i told in other post , i would like to see a percent of draws in t17, i don't think that's possible but well ... an approximate percentage would be nice ... for me 40% of t17 finishes in draw, and this is a lower number ...
+1