Forums
May 30, 2024, 09:16 AM

Author Topic: TEL system  (Read 2848 times)

Offline franz

Re: TEL system
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2010, 08:05 PM »
oh so it's about the two rankings? the season rank and overall rank? it prevents the overall rank from getting in easy just by playing the minimum games with a crappy win%? is that it?

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2010, 08:23 PM »
If thats how you want it, its for everyone to decide I guess

Offline avirex

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2010, 12:01 AM »
franz, i think MI means... that say 1 single game is worth 50 points... and another single game win is worth 50 points.....

when u play a best of 3.. and u won 2 games... ur not going to get 100 points, where as you did get 100 points for previous 2 wins (because they were singles) you will only get 50 points. (just an example)

i think thats what i he means, but i could be wrong.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2010, 06:17 AM »
I guess having best-of-x will probably make more confusions or possibly reporting mistakes.

As start, TEL will be like classic league, using ELO system.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline SPW

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2010, 07:47 AM »
Sounds okay. :)

After 1st Season we can talk about again for some tiny fixes, we dont need to rush. :)

Offline Albino

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2010, 08:24 AM »
yeehaaaaw, good news. cant wait to play this.  :-* :'(

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2010, 08:29 AM »
TEL will start officially tomorrow, in 1st November.
Fasten your seat belts ;)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline SPW

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2010, 08:51 AM »
I was hoping it will start at weekend, but nvm, at least it starts now! :)

Offline Free

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2010, 08:56 AM »
Awesome. :P

Offline SPW

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2010, 09:31 AM »
Free, you got pm :)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2010, 09:46 AM »
Nino is true Elite king, he is in 2 Elite communities aeeeee xD

Offline nino

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2011, 03:56 AM »
hey iam back with that discursion lol.

but talking serious, this system need a change, i dunno what for real but needs a change.

the system point should count from the current sesson, not the overall, i mean if sesson 3 just started them ill be 1000, and i play vs another player whos playing the 1st game of sesson too, each one would get 30 points per exemple, not really fair if iam 1400 overall and the player is like 1010 or so and if i win i get  like 20 points and if lose he gets like 50 or something, iam really bored with that lol, this sesson per exemple i won 10 games lost 6 and still below 1000 wtf porra!

iam about to give up this caralho! xD

btw imagine sesson 10 of TEL..will be almost impossible to mablak / random00 get into playoffs, they can win 40 games and get like 2 points per games then lose one and GG huahauha bye 100 points haha.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 03:59 AM by nino »
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2011, 04:25 AM »
The system is fine the way it is, I made the playoffs by playing 15 games with peja, so what, I went and played ALOT more games with other players and lost alot too, I lost 5-0 to devilage right after, it's all good :)

At least I didn't just sit in the PO position and wait :P

Offline nino

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2011, 04:48 AM »
the system is fine imo too, but could get better too. so iam giving a sugestion tho. porra!
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline franz

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2011, 05:33 AM »
this sesson per exemple i won 10 games lost 6 and still below 1000 wtf porra!

iam about to give up this caralho! xD

win 10, lose 6, does not matter... it's who you play.  you complain being below 1000, but if u didn't lose 60pts to TheKiller on ur 6th loss, you would be over 1000.  I look at ur games, and u played some nice players.. some win, some lose.  but I think your standing is pretty accurate at 949 season rating.  keep playing, and work hard to win more elite nino king ;]  focus ur energy there instead of complaining the system  :P

btw imagine sesson 10 of TEL..will be almost impossible to mablak / random00 get into playoffs, they can win 40 games and get like 2 points per games then lose one and GG huahauha bye 100 points haha.

nah not 2 points per game if they play each other.  MI is trying to encourage this more.. high ranked players playing each other.