Forums
April 27, 2024, 12:51 PM

Author Topic: The thing about "Playing tomorrow"  (Read 1960 times)

The thing about "Playing tomorrow"
« on: September 27, 2012, 03:23 AM »
Well guys, this is not a complaint, it's just to talk about that, dunno if it's correct to say, "new" kind of deal that has been used in the last years, maybe from the WormOlympics 2011? (not sure, I haven't played too much lately) that deal about "playing tomorrow" when one clan or a player of a clan can't play at certain time. For me, one of the spices of a clanner is the pressure of time, I mean, when yor dog is waiting for taking his daily walk, when your mother/father/girl friend/whoever, wants to use the pc, or your friends are coming to your house, when your're just about to shit or piss on ur pants, hungry/thirsty as f@#!, tired, doped, drunk, etc, etc. A clanner game means that 4 players are reunited around the world, on different time zones playing this online game, w:a @ wormnet, that's pretty cool and fun, to win or to lose, celebrating some good shots, pro turns, epic fails, Dead's moves, 1 sec wins on tights TTRR, etc, but in my opinion, ALL the fun goes to SHIT when one clan ask: "Can we play this tomorrow? :-* " That's sucks, especially when is your pick, not the pick of them. I know that everyone has things to do, we all do, but if you can't keep playing, look for another partner, or just die with the f@#!ing boots on man! (or girl). I have nothing against a specific clan or recent game, this is just a thread to talk and share opinions about this.

Offline darKz

Re: The thing about "Playing tomorrow"
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 11:19 AM »
Nice call Twy, this thing's been on my mind for a while too.
People should just tell those clans/players to f@#! themselves and play or get a default loss (like it used to be in all the previous leagues).
But here's the crucial point: This kind of behavior is encouraged by TUS! They can report a default win, sure, but the "losing" clan can demand to still play the game at a later time and they won't get any penalty for it. Quite retarded in my opinion. If you can't play, don't play. It really is that simple.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 11:27 AM »
phrase" lets play tomorrow" is direct synonimous to phrase "we'd like to avoid your pick so lets maybe never ever play this"

Offline darKz

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 01:17 PM »
No.
More like "you'll have to wait until our experts at that scheme are online and ready to play and there's nothing you can do about it AHUAUhuhsuAHUAhshua".
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Hussar

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 02:10 PM »
i never used to do that, but .......

for me if clan or player cant play coz suddenly someone have to go or whatever, its not a big deal for me to let him play next time, if i know then player is playing from time to time and i know it.

and to be honest its rare situation.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 04:15 PM »
Actually in TUS you can report a free win and those exact same players from that clan must play.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Wolfgang

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 05:30 PM »
you right twy :) nice words
16:26: Husks> tell now xD more demon soul cannot be wolfy MAYBE??? 
16:26: TaG`Wolfgang> DUNNO IF IM WOLFY OR A DEMON 
16:27: Husks> GO DEMON AWAY FROM MY FRIENDMATE WOLFGANG CONCHETUMARE!!!!!!!!!!1111111111 LEAVEEEEEE 
16:27: TaG`Wolfgang> xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Offline Ray

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 05:48 PM »
You guys are letting yourselves be bothered about micro things. :)

Offline Devilage

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 07:02 PM »
I've been there, done that, asked if it possible to play in another time, I don't encourage when they say that because they want his good players to play the pick, darkz's right though, we should just report when that happens, like in old times, u can't play my pick? bad luck man I'll report! hmmm sounds like a bad sportmanship :s maybe let them pick it in another time, but if they win, they get half of the points they shoulda won, just an idea.

Smoking proud.

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • UC UC clan

• Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2012, 07:09 PM »
pretty cool and fun, to win or to lose, celebrating some good shots, pro turns, epic fails, Dead's moves,

HAHAAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAAHHAHHAHAH
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Offline Turko

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2012, 10:02 PM »
AHUAUhuhsuAHUAhshua".
+1 for that...

I think if u play any pick a different day it must be with the same players, isnt it?
Asbest`FAW> after match I will complain to ffie 
MOD`Dmitry> ok i too 
TdC--Turko> and ill get a lawyer

Spoiler! View

TdC''Turko> When will you fix your pc?
TaG'G> Never
TaG'G> Or maybe next week

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2012, 11:44 PM »

No problem for me, I report freewin so the player has to play it "tomorrow".
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Brends

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 02:15 AM »
sometimes we are playing against another clan and there are unexpected situations , which force us to stop playing
that happenned to me recently (I was playing against TaG)
but that's when you can count on the friendship between players in different clans, so they can understand it and accept to postpone the match to the day after, because since it's always the same people playing, it shouldn't make a difference whether we play today or tomorrow.
there are those clans who understand that, like CFC
so dudes, be comprehensive, because losing a boyfriend because of WA would suck

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2012, 03:24 AM »
sometimes we are playing against another clan and there are unexpected situations , which force us to stop playing
that happenned to me recently (I was playing against TaG)
but that's when you can count on the friendship between players in different clans, so they can understand it and accept to postpone the match to the day after, because since it's always the same people playing, it shouldn't make a difference whether we play today or tomorrow.
there are those clans who understand that, like CFC
so dudes, be comprehensive, because losing a boyfriend because of WA would suck
We do, but when it happens for 7th, 8th, or 9th time (not only with you of course) it sucks ;( I'm talking by myself, I don't play too much nowadays so I hate when that happens

Offline franz

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2012, 03:29 AM »
you can also try insisting to play yours first. just another option if this happens so much recently, and you feel like your pick never gets played.