Forums
May 07, 2024, 01:38 AM

Author Topic: Updating rules on scheme sites  (Read 6402 times)

Offline Anubis

Re: Updating rules on scheme sites
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2015, 10:43 PM »
I read and understand the part as if it replaces the previous section. Let's not drift away in semantics, I would just update the rules to make it more clear so it just needs to be settled whether it's w2w exclusively at SD or a crate can be picked up as substitution making w2w or cba a choice at SD.

Offline rU`

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2015, 11:19 PM »
Holyshit how can you make something that big out of this?

When the gong sounds... you know where to go lol.
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

Offline avirex

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2015, 09:28 AM »
ok, we will be sure to take that into consideration come rule change time...

"deeeerrrrr, when duh gong sounds, touch duh wallz guys"

Anubis, if you want to take the TUS rules so literal, the MODS have a lot of work to do.

- No blocking with a worm. Your opponent is blocked if he is not able to exit his hide by walking. If you block and your opponent doesn't attack, you aren't allowed to attack the next turn. If your opponent is still able to attack you then you have a 5sec penalty at the beginning of your turn but you are allowed to attack.

how many times have there been a blocked worm, (cant get out from walking) but its very simple to get out, be either shooting the rope, or just roping out backwards at an angle, etc.

- No glitches are allowed in the game (e.g. floating weapon). If you break this rule you aren't allowed to attack the next turn.

ut oh, this is gonna be a big game changer... komo is notorious for these nades!! looks like the mods are gonna have to put in some 'over-time' hours deleting games, bad luck komo.

my point is, TUS rules should not be read literal until they are updated...  but, lets not discuss what the rules are, and how we read them anymore, we can leave that to the current MODs.

Lets discuss what the rules SHOULD be, our time will be more effective then. :X

« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 09:44 AM by avirex »

Offline avirex

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2015, 09:38 AM »
i believe the rules should be written like this:

Crate before attack: you must collect a crate before you attack with a weapon(you can deal fall damage, or knock to a mine, etc. before a crate) when sudden death comes, you must then perform a wall 2 wall before an attack, if there is a crate on the map, you then have an option (you must perform either, a wall 2 wall, or collect a crate before an attack)

the rules SHOULD be listed as this.

i know some of you will wonder why i chose to give the option of cr8 or w2w, its because, if your opponent gets a hard cr8 right before sudden death, and fails to retrieve it... you should not be punished, and have to grab his crate, you should be able to go w2w if you choose to...however, if it was an easy crate, you can get the crate then attack... reasoning being... and i can not stress this enough YOUR OPPONENT FAILED TO COLLECT HIS CRATE you should then have options, you should NEVER be "punished" or "forced" into something due to your opponents failure.

thats my opinion on this, lets discuss other people opinions... discussing how the rules are written currently, and how they should be interpreted is pointless, lets leave the to the current mods.

Offline Senator

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2015, 10:15 AM »

How about the turn before SD when no crate falls ;D

To be specific it should be "w2w when no more crates fall".

- No blocking with a worm. Your opponent is blocked if he is not able to exit his hide by walking. If you block and your opponent doesn't attack, you aren't allowed to attack the next turn. If your opponent is still able to attack you then you have a 5sec penalty at the beginning of your turn but you are allowed to attack.

how many times have there been a blocked worm, (cant get out from walking) but its very simple to get out, be either shooting the rope, or just roping out backwards at an angle, etc.

- No glitches are allowed in the game (e.g. floating weapon). If you break this rule you aren't allowed to attack the next turn.

ut oh, this is gonna be a big game changer... komo is notorious for these nades!! looks like the mods are gonna have to put in some 'over-time' hours deleting games, bad luck komo.

I added that blocking definition coz I thought it has always been like that (just unwritten). I'm sorry if I'm wrong.

If you are able to rope out without knocking you are also able to walk out. If you need to shoot a rope to get out, you can argue that you lost some time there. "Walking" includes also jumps (if u "block" by being on top of the worm).

I also added that "no glitches" rule (another rule that was not just written in the scheme descriptions). I don't know what a floating nade is and it's not mentioned here: http://worms2d.info/Floating_weapon_glitch

"The weapons it works with are Bazooka, Mortar and Petrol Bomb, and also Homing Missile, Homing Pigeon, Sheep Launcher and Patsy's Magic Bullet"

The current (unwritten) rule however has been that it's not allowed to use ANY glitch.

if your opponent gets a hard cr8 right before sudden death, and fails to retrieve it... you should not be punished, and have to grab his crate, you should be able to go w2w if you choose to

No one claimed you should do both w2w and cba, only w2w and leave the crate if u wan't.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 10:21 AM by Senator »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2015, 10:21 AM »
A floating grenade is when you use a ghost nade then? I've never heard of the term floating weapon before, but if I were to take a guess I would mean when you do that glitch that Johny done recently when you fire the weapon inside the worm and it sits there for a while before exploding, I don't think that's the ghost nade as a ghost nade doesn't float.

Offline avirex

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2015, 10:35 AM »
you just added those senator?? they need work, clearly.

shooting a rope to dislodge a block?? its a common thing in elite. and it should not be considered a block in roper either, being 90% of the time your rope will hit a wall and you can just rope out... not to mention the clock stops when shooting a rope, you literally would lose maybe .3 seconds?? there should be no penalty or fuss because of that imo

the way you have the rules written, people will just be able to press left or right, if they cant move, they can force someone to skip. its not right. needs to be updated again.

and sorry, if "floating weapon" meant something else, i thought it was a ghost nade, but again, that section needs work as well.. "ghost nades" are a glitch, i really doubt t17 thought to them selves "hey wouldnt it be cool if when we have water drops, nades dont plop right away, and they can ghost through the map?"

its a glitch, but over the years it been an acceptable glitch, that needs to be stated.

this just enhances my point that its extremely difficult to just write up the rules through a brain storm... the first initial brain storm is great, and a good start, but then you need a qualified MOD (preferably 2 or 3) that will really take the time to update the rules at different situations come in, with proper literature and English, so there is no room for double interpretation.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2015, 10:38 AM »
Talking about ghost nades I feel these should always remain valid, even encouraged as they take skill to do properly and i've never met a Roper who doesn't feel the same way, so far...

Also, I think it would be helpful to include .gif animations regarding certain rules, for example in Darts we use them to show how to properly throw your worm on each map, for example:

I would be more than happy to spend some time making some for other schemes if it helps, it would also make the rule page more interesting and not such a boring wall of text.

Offline avirex

« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2015, 10:45 AM »
yeah, my bad!! i was confused, i never heard "floating weapons" term i dont think, i thought he meant 'ghost nades'

i think in that situation a GIF would not be bad, displaying what he means by a "floating weapon" and it should just be stated that a "ghost nade" (with a possible GIF) is an acceptable glitch.

so get to it Komo, make 2 small GIF's 1) floating weapons, and 2) ghost nade ;D

maybe rather then cluttering the rules page with a bunch of GIF's though, you can just hyper link the words that will contain a GIF...

"floating weapons" will link you to appropriate GIF
"ghost nade" will link you as well.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 10:48 AM by avirex »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2015, 10:50 AM »
I actually don't know how to perform the floating weapon glitch, I always saw it as a pointless attack, maybe you can point me to a game that already exists? I cannot remember the name of the thread or game that Johny did his and I think it was deleted anyway.

Offline rU`

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2015, 11:13 AM »

How about the turn before SD when no crate falls ;D

To be specific it should be "w2w when no more crates fall".

This is THE rule.

No one claimed you should do both w2w and cba, only w2w and leave the crate if u wan't.

i believe the rules should be written like this:

when sudden death comes, you must then perform a wall 2 wall before an attack, if there is a crate on the map, you then have an option (you must perform either, a wall 2 wall, or collect a crate before an attack)

the rules SHOULD be listed as this.

i know some of you will wonder why i chose to give the option of cr8 or w2w, its because, if your opponent gets a hard cr8 right before sudden death, and fails to retrieve it... you should not be punished, and have to grab his crate, you should be able to go w2w if you choose to...however, if it was an easy crate, you can get the crate then attack... reasoning being... and i can not stress this enough YOUR OPPONENT FAILED TO COLLECT HIS CRATE you should then have options, you should NEVER be "punished" or "forced" into something due to your opponents failure.

You put IFs where there were never ifs.

It's still not your business whether your opponent fails to get a crate or not. The rules always were that you have to touch both walls, once there's no more crate spawns. If your opponent fails to collect his crate, YOU'RE MORE THAN LUCKY already to get an extra crate, but if you want to attack , don't forget to wall to wall...   and your opponent GETS ENOUGH PUNISHMENT with failing to collect health, maybe some fall damage and a bad hide... YET you still want to get more benefits out of that, avoiding touching walls though the crate that it's there didn't spawn in your turn. And attacking!!

The main thing here is when sudden death comes, ignore CBA.

Again, you can't put ifs to your taste due to abusing the rules to your favor whenever such situations come up in your games.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 11:19 AM by rU` »

Offline spleen17

« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2015, 11:24 AM »

The rules always were that you have to touch both walls, once there's no more crate spawns. If your opponent fails to collect his crate, YOU'RE MORE THAN LUCKY already to get an extra crate, but if you want to attack , don't forget to wall to wall... 

The main thing here is when sudden death comes, ignore CBA.

Again, you can't put ifs to your taste due to abusing the rules to your favor whenever such situations come up in your games.

But again, where do the rules actually say this? Can you find a single published version of roper rules that are specific about this?

I mean you are kind of doing the exact same thing right? Interpreting the rules in a way that suits you in YOUR game.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2015, 11:27 AM »
Before SD = CBA - walls are peripheral
SD = w2w - crates are peripheral

Offline rU`

« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2015, 11:28 AM »
No spleen. It suits me and ruins it the same way to me. Maybe it's not written correctly, but it's always been how I'm telling you. Avi is coming up with new ideas, and I'm just telling you how it's always been and why I think it should stay like this.

Ryan said it..

Offline Senator

« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2015, 11:34 AM »
you just added those senator?? they need work, clearly.

Yea I just wrote those rules how they are atm, not how they should be in the future (I didn't make changes on my own). Maybe I was wrong about that blocking definition, I don't know, or maybe there's just no consensus of that rule either. Anyway the scheme descriptions are now edited back to original and I'll update them once we have finished with this update discussion.

and sorry, if "floating weapon" meant something else, i thought it was a ghost nade, but again, that section needs work as well.. "ghost nades" are a glitch, i really doubt t17 thought to them selves "hey wouldnt it be cool if when we have water drops, nades dont plop right away, and they can ghost through the map?"

its a glitch, but over the years it been an acceptable glitch, that needs to be stated.

I wrote "floating weapon" just as an example of a glitch. All the glitches are forbidden atm (even a "ghost nade"). Are there other glitches you wan't to make allowed or just ghost nades?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 05:32 PM by Senator »