Forums
May 06, 2024, 11:06 PM

Author Topic: Updating rules on scheme sites  (Read 6400 times)

Offline Senator

Updating rules on scheme sites
« on: May 08, 2015, 06:40 PM »
MI said someone could correct the rules on the scheme sites so please check that these updates are correct and if something is still missing or should be changed.

Roper https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-3/

- added definition of blocking, added no glitches rule and edited description (for newcomers)

Spoiler! View
Description:
Each player starts with one worm. During a turn you try to collect a health crate with the help of the rope and then attack your opponent(s). You can only attack with bazooka on the first turn. Turn time is 15 seconds.

Rules:

Crate Before Attack (CBA)
*You have to collect a health crate before attacking your opponent. If a crate is not available, you have to touch both walls instead (W2W). During Sudden Death you have to collect a crate OR touch both walls before attacking your opponent (your choice). If you break this rule, you aren't allowed to attack the next turn.

Attack From Rope or Parachute (AFR/AFC)
*You can only attack while hanging on a rope or while using a parachute. If you break this rule, you aren't allowed to attack the next turn.

No blocking with a worm
*Your opponent is blocked if he can't get out of his spot via walking or by shooting a rope out correctly. If you block and your opponent doesn't attack, you aren't allowed to attack the next turn. If your opponent is still able to attack, you have a 5 seconds penalty at the beginning of your turn but you are allowed to attack.

No blowing up crates to do extra damage
*If you break this rule, you are not allowed to attack the next turn. If the damage is over 80, you have to skip twice.

No exploiting glitches (e.g. floating bazooka)
*Ghost grenades are allowed.

If you break a rule repeatedly, seems you are doing it on purpose or kill your opponent, the game will be void or given to the victim.

Shopper https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-488/

- addded CBA and no glitches rules and edited description

Spoiler! View
Description:
In 1vs1 both players start with 4 worms. In 2vs2 and 3vs3 each player starts with 2 worms. During a turn you try to collect a weapon crate with the help of the rope and then attack your opponent(s). Turn time is 30 seconds.

Shopper is played without the Attack From Rope (AFR) rule.

Rules:

*You have to collect a weapon crate before attacking your opponent. If you break this rule, you aren't allowed to attack the next turn. If you break it repeatedly, seems you are doing it on purpose or kill your opponent, the game will be void or given to the victim.

BnG https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-992/

- edited description

Spoiler! View
Description:
BnG is played on an open island map with default width size (1920 pix). You start off by teleporting your worm on the map. The point of the scheme is to blow up your opponent with bazooka and grenades. Your worm is anchored (can't walk) but you can change your hide during the game. Turn time is 15 seconds.

BnG is played without TestStuff and girder usage restrictions.

Rules:

No sitters
*Sitters are grenades that sit for 1/4 second or longer.

No straight bazooka shots to your opponent
*Shots must be influenced by the wind.

No 5 second grenades without Low Gravity and/or Max Bounce
*5 Second Grenades are only permitted in combination with Low Gravity and/or Maximum Bounce.

No 1 second grenades

Reaim before every shot
*Crosshair must adjust over 45 degrees from its original position before the next shot can be made.

If you break any of the rules mentioned above, you have to do the same damage to yourself as you previously inflicted.

No darksiding
*A darkside is considered a place where you can't hit OR be hit with a nade. Simply teleport/move to other position.

No dead teleports
*If you have low health and teleport above your opponent to kill him with the grave damage from your own worm, you will lose instantly.

No piling
*The distance between yours and opponents worms must not be less than:
 *if 1vs1 - 1/2 (half) of a map width  -if 2vs2 - 1/3 (third) of a map width
 *if 3vs3 - 1/4 (quarter) of a map width

3 Fouls means a lose by default. Game ending by a foul is completely void. Game must be replayed.

- Should the definition of darksiding be changed?

Current definition: A darkside is considered a place where you can't hit OR be hit with a nade.
KRD's definition: Darksiding is hiding your worm in a position where it's impossible for your opponent(s) to hit you with a grenade and at the same time impossible for you to hit your opponent(s) with a grenade.

TTRR https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-4/

- added a line about activating /rs and updated rules/description

Spoiler! View
Description:
In 1vs1 both players have 5 worms. In 2vs2 and 3vs3 each player has 3 worms. You start off by teleporting your worms at the starting line. The goal is to rope from start to finish as fast as possible. In 1vs1 the player with the best time wins. In 2vs2 and 3vs3 the team with the best combined time wins.

RacingStuff has to be activated before starting the game (/rs).

Rules:

Place your worms at start and rope to finish

No shortcuts

In case RacingStuff is not enabled
- No blocking at the start or in any other part of the map.
- Knocking the opponent's worms into the water is NOT allowed.

Team17 https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-1040/

- added no glitches rule and edited description

Spoiler! View
Description:
Team17 is played on a double cavern map with random placements at start. In 1vs1 both players start with 4 worms. In 2vs2 and 3vs3 each player starts with 2 worms.

The goal is to collect weapons from crates and kill your opponent(s). A weapon crate falls every turn, and you have worm select until Sudden Death (SD) begins. During SD the water level rises and worms lose health. Turn time is 45 seconds.

Rules:

No rope knocking (includes bungee)
*If you knock a worm, it's NOT allowed to attack that worm until that worm has had a chance to move (before SD the victim gets one turn to move). If there is a big change in the game due to a knock, the game will be void or given to the victim.

No going on the roof
*If a player goes on the roof, the game either needs to be restarted or void (victim's choice). If a player wins a game because of roofing, the victim gets the win.

No exploiting glitches (e.g. skipwalking, vertical bow)

WxW https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-8/

Spoiler! View
Description:
In 1vs1 both players start with 3 worms. In 2vs2 and 3vs3 each player starts with 2 worms. During a turn you try to rope to all the marked walls and collect a weapon crate and then attack your opponent(s). Turn time is 30 seconds.

Rules:

Walls Before Attack (WBA)
*You have to touch all the marked walls before you're allowed to attack your opponent.

*You have to collect a weapon crate before you're allowed to attack your opponent.

Attack From Rope or Parachute (AFR) (AFC)
*You can only attack while hanging on a rope or while using a parachute, unless the weapon that you're using doesn't permit that.

If you break any of the rules mentioned above (WBA, CBA, AFR), you are not allowed to attack the next turn. If you break a rule repeatedly, seems you are doing it on purpose or kill your opponent, the game will be void or given to the victim.

No permanent blocks
*Blocking with worms is allowed. If you block your opponent permanently (e.g. with bow), the game will be voided or given to your opponent.

Hysteria https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-16/

Spoiler! View
Description:
Hysteria is played on a double island map with random placements at start. In 1vs1 both players start with 4 worms. In 2vs2 and 3vs3 each player starts with 2 worms. The goal is to kill your opponent(s) with the given weapons. Turn time is 1 second.

Rules:

No exploiting glitches (e.g. skipwalking)

Elite https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-7/

- edited description

Spoiler! View
Description:
Elite is played on a double island map. In 1vs1 both players start with 4 worms. In 2vs2 and 3vs3 each player starts with 2 worms. You start off by teleporting your worms on the map. The goal is to kill your opponent(s) with the given weapons (and the super weapon you have chosen). There are 8 instant mines on the map and the only unique thing in the scheme is that you cannot shoot your rope lower than 45°. The Sudden Death (SD) time is 10 minutes. No energy is lost when the round time expires but the water rises rapidly during SD.

Rules:

No rope knocking (includes bungee)

No exploiting glitches (e.g. skipwalking, vertical bow)

Regarding WxW, Shopper and Roper, should the rule about skipping be changed? Currently you are allowed to make piles, cause fall damage etc during the skip turn.

"No glitches" rule could be added to general league rules as well.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 11:11 PM by Senator »

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Updating rules on scheme sites
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 06:49 PM »
BnG - Darkside rule should use KRDs definition, and you should remove /ts, MI still seems undecided with this, time to post there again *sigh*.

Roper - Need to add what to do when someone cows.

WxW - Need to add that punishment for cowing means you are not allowed to knock worms or stuff like that too.

Hysteria seems fine.

I have no interest in other schemes.

Offline ANO

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 07:08 PM »
I am inactive, but when I have played ttrr with 5 worms, I felt like it had lost the flavor of the threesome...

Offline spleen17

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 07:30 PM »
Good to see someone is doing this, gj

The wording for the darkside rule in BnG is confusing so I would change it to KRD's version, or add a word like 'nor' or 'neither'. Don't remove /ts until MI says so though, I actually have come to quite like it now :P

Offline Casso

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 08:04 PM »
KRD few months ago created a really interesting discussion to debate once for all about the rules of these schemes.
I think that we can start from here: https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/worms-armageddon/standard-scheme-variants-(part-1-competitive-ground-schemes)-25170/

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 03:08 PM »
Senator, you can edit schemes descriptions yourself.

Also I've coded a simple page to include all leagues schemes descriptions, so that we have them all in one place:

https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/rules

when we're done updating, I'll put that link into leagues menu.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Senator

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2015, 12:02 PM »
- 5 second Grenades are not allowed. 5 Second Grenades are only permitted in combination with Low Gravity and/or Maximum Bounce. The penalty for a 5 second Grenade is a Grenade or Bazooka to and from yourself in an attempt to cause the same damage you previously inflicted.

Is this better? "If you break this rule and cause damage to your opponent(s), you have to do the same damage to yourself as you previously inflicted. If you break this rule but only destroy the map, you are not allowed to attack the next turn."

Regarding WxW, Shopper and Roper, should the rule about skipping be changed? Currently you are allowed to make piles, cause fall damage etc during the skip turn.

Would this be a good skip rule? "If you break this rule, you are not allowed to attack or knock the next turn but you are still allowed take your crate and change your hide."
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 09:45 PM by Senator »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2015, 01:00 PM »
Is this better? "If you break this rule and cause damage to your opponent(s), you have to do the same damage to yourself as you previously inflicted. If you break this rule but only destroy the map, you are not allowed to attack the next turn."

Well 1st off, not to be a grammar nazi but "destroy the map" is impossible with 1 shot lol.

Secondly, I am not sure I agree with skipping turn if you don't actually hit the opponent, a grenade can blow up anywhere with a mistake shot, someone could just claim it was a tactical hide that was ruined, and also on the other hand the person who made the accident can claim that they blew up useless land the opponent wouldn't use...

Personally I think it's fine the way it is, accidents like this do happen from time to time but i've never seen them change the outcome of the game or ruin a players tactical decisions.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2015, 04:17 AM »

Would this be a good skip rule? "If you break this rule, you are not allowed to attack or knock the next turn but you are still allowed take your crate and change your hide."

The problem with that is what if when trying to collecting your crate you fall or accidentally knock? The result would be the same.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Senator

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2015, 10:22 AM »
The problem with that is what if when trying to collecting your crate you fall or accidentally knock? The result would be the same.

Then it would not be a proper skip and you would have to skip again or the game could be voided afterwards if the effect was too big. It's your responsibility to rope carefully during the skip turn (if you decide to move).

So what I'm suggesting is that you couldn't postpone your "no attack the next turn" penalty but you could postpone your "no knocking the next turn" penalty by knocking intentionally/unintentionally. But that means another "no attack the next turn" penalty so it can't be beneficial for you to knock during the skip turn.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 10:48 AM by Senator »

Offline avirex

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2015, 03:19 PM »
senator, good job opening a thread like this... that is a start.

but the facts are, no matter how detailed you try to get things from the top of your head, its going to be a fail.

you really need to update rules as the complaints come in.

this is worms, there will always be some crazy outcome or situation that will pop up, and a quick little update in the rules will be required.

i will say this, what you have done is a great start (anything was better then the previous set of rules) but... maybe you should volunteer to be a complaint mod, and when a complaint comes up that does not have a definitive answer in the rulebook, then you can make the proper changes.

i honestly think wxw needs some more complex rules when it comes to cows, and penalties...

for example: if i am playing a wxw on a hard map, where only 50% or less turns are actual attacks (because the map is so hard) then, why not just skip a wall, and go for an attack??  my penalty is just to skip the next turn?? seems like an ok deal.

i can either ..

option 1) attack on my first turn, have the proper time to make a full attack(after a cow ((missing a wall)) , and skip my second turn...   

option 2) try to touch all walls, and make no attack... or worse, fall in the middle of map and give my opponent easy attack... and then on my next turn, could be the same situation.

my point is, a simple skip is not much of a penalty, i think option 1 has a better chance of making full damage shot, and less risk to fall (my second turn i did not even have to risk a fall, i just get to collect my cr8 and return to my hide)

so, it most definitely will get complex, but i think its needed to make multiple different penalties, maybe the penalties would be based on the damage done per cow

examples: when you cow and do damage 25hp or less, you skip a turn with collecting cr8 and hide of your choice... when you cow and do damage 26-50hp you skip a turn without cr8, but a hide of you choice.... when you cow 51-75hp you skip a turn without cr8, and without hide of your choice (f12 + space at start)

and when you cow 75hp+ you should skip turn, skip cr8, do no move... just aim zook to ground, and self zook yourself.

maybe having 4 different variations would be too tricky, and complex for people to remember in game?? maybe not? im not sure... but there should be some other variation then what we currently have.

on a hard map, i would rather get a full attack and take a small penalty (less risk of falling too) then take 2 turns, both having low chances of success.

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2015, 05:43 PM »
Question: how long are you willing to make rules if every situation is to be covered?

Offline Senator

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2015, 06:44 PM »
but the facts are, no matter how detailed you try to get things from the top of your head, its going to be a fail.

you really need to update rules as the complaints come in.

My skip rule suggestion in this thread is based on your complaint about j0hny's skip ;D

for example: if i am playing a wxw on a hard map, where only 50% or less turns are actual attacks (because the map is so hard) then, why not just skip a wall, and go for an attack??  my penalty is just to skip the next turn?? seems like an ok deal.

This "loophole" is covered by Roper rules: "Crate before attack (CBA). You must collect a crate before doing any damage to you opponent (touch both walls instead at sudden death), if you break this rule you aren't allowed to attack the next turn, if you break it more then once, seems your doing it on purpose, or kill your opponent the game will be void or given to the victim"

Obviously that rule should apply to WxW and Shopper as well and I actually copy pasted it already.

i honestly think wxw needs some more complex rules when it comes to cows, and penalties...

If you make the rules too detailed, no one is gonna read them.. :D

Roper rules say this: "No blowing up crates to do extra damage, If you break this rule you are not allowed to attack the next turn (you can still get your health crate) if the damage is over 80  you must skip twice"

MI also wrote in your complaint thread that a skip is enough only for a basic cow. If you make much damage, mods can void the game or change the result.

Offline Peja

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2015, 08:51 PM »
Just damage yourself like in BnG. Saves you from making things More complicated by adding multiple rules for the same Situation.
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline avirex

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2015, 09:05 PM »
ok senator, yeah i did not realize there was already rules for high damage cows...

because like i said, if there is a chance to do a huge damage in wxw, why even go to the walls or cr8s, just take the shot and accept a penalty.. skip turn does not seem so bad after a super attack..

but if MI has already done this, then np.

@DarkOne: obviously it will be impossible to cover every single situation, and the rules would be far too long, but lets face it... the current rules are lacking a lot of detail, if we can find a happy medium between the current rules, and covering every aspect that will ever happen, we would be in a good place (as far as rules go)

in order to really do such a thing, i think being a complaint mod would help, so you can really see what needs updates, and what can go without.

also when typing out the rules, you can type the overall rules that are important to everyone, and at the bottom you can have side notes regarding each topic...

example at the bottom of the rules page

notes on skips: 1)
2)
3)
notes on darkside: 1)
2)
3)
4)
notes on high damage cows: 1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

this would mainly be references for the MODS, rather then just trying to pull answers out of their ass, they can have actual guidelines to follow.