Forums
May 06, 2024, 07:22 PM

Author Topic: Updating rules on scheme sites  (Read 6395 times)

Offline spleen17

Re: Updating rules on scheme sites
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2015, 11:37 AM »
I have been playing a decade too mate, and I never heard the rules the way you say them. Although maybe it's just that people only started giving a shit once tus leagues started.

But it doesn;t matter anyway, all I am saying is that neither you or avi can win this argument because the rules are so unclear. Just forget that game, the important thing is getting the rules clear enough so these disputes stop happening.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2015, 11:57 AM »
No spleen. It suits me and ruins it the same way to me. Maybe it's not written correctly, but it's always been how I'm telling you. Avi is coming up with new ideas, and I'm just telling you how it's always been and why I think it should stay like this.

I've been playing Ropers since 1999 and I cannot recall ever having seen any evidence stating you must w2w in SD even if there are crates leftover, I can't remember it ever happening to me but if it did I would just collect crate and attack since that is a definitive rule and i've never heard anyone say you must follow w2w in this situation before either.

Offline rU`

« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2015, 12:11 PM »
guys guys.. lol

Before SD = CBA - walls are peripheral
SD = w2w - crates are peripheral

Komo, if you can't remember happening to you, then it doesn't mean much. Maybe you did Ropers as funners mostly.

I have been playing a decade too mate

under what nick?
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2015, 12:26 PM »
I played countless clanners actually, it still doesn't change the fact there is no evidence to prove your claim, care to search for some?

Offline avirex

« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2015, 12:34 PM »
i believe the rules should be written like this:

when sudden death comes, you must then perform a wall 2 wall before an attack, if there is a crate on the map, you then have an option (you must perform either, a wall 2 wall, or collect a crate before an attack)

the rules SHOULD be listed as this.

i know some of you will wonder why i chose to give the option of cr8 or w2w, its because, if your opponent gets a hard cr8 right before sudden death, and fails to retrieve it... you should not be punished, and have to grab his crate, you should be able to go w2w if you choose to...however, if it was an easy crate, you can get the crate then attack... reasoning being... and i can not stress this enough YOUR OPPONENT FAILED TO COLLECT HIS CRATE you should then have options, you should NEVER be "punished" or "forced" into something due to your opponents failure.

You put IFs where there were never ifs.

It's still not your business whether your opponent fails to get a crate or not. The rules always were that you have to touch both walls, once there's no more crate spawns. If your opponent fails to collect his crate, YOU'RE MORE THAN LUCKY already to get an extra crate, but if you want to attack , don't forget to wall to wall...   and your opponent GETS ENOUGH PUNISHMENT with failing to collect health, maybe some fall damage and a bad hide... YET you still want to get more benefits out of that, avoiding touching walls though the crate that it's there didn't spawn in your turn. And attacking!!

The main thing here is when sudden death comes, ignore CBA.

Again, you can't put ifs to your taste due to abusing the rules to your favor whenever such situations come up in your games.

what is wrong with you?? did you miss the part where i said "i believe the rules should be written like this: " ???

also, notice your text i highlighted in red, with this logic, are you suggesting that when my opponent falls, and leaves me an easy crate, it would be illegal for me to grab that crate and attack?? i can only grab the crate that spawns in my turn, before attack???  your wrong... your completely wrong.

as spleen said, you keep tossing around your knowledge of how the rules are, but so far you have given no proof of this, being the TUS rules are pretty open ended, where as spleen did give proof, and you guys just discredit his proof with "w2dinfo has not been updated in a long time"

anyway, as i have said before, and spleen is saying too... it really does not matter what the rules were in this thread, this thread is to discuss what the rules should be...   i really wish you guys would stop saying i did anything to gain some kind of advantage.. did anyone watch the game? i was winning by a long shot, i did not need any advantage, and to suggest that i can not do a simple w2w when my opponent was in a top hide as well, is just ridiculous.

@senator: Its great you tried to update the rules, it needs to be done.. but, i just dont think that was a good update, the English needs to leave no room for miss interpretation, or confusion.

heres a start: feel free to proof read, edit, discuss:

Blocks: when your worm blocks another worm, and he can not get out from walking, shooting rope, or extending rope: if you block a worm and your opponent manages to attack, you must take a penalty coinciding with how much time he lost, if your opponent does not attack, you must skip your next attack as well.

Glitches: most all glitches are not allowed in roper, if you exploit any glitches that result in an advantage in the game, you must skip your next attack.. However the following glitches have been accepted as legal in roper schemes: "ghost nades"
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 12:39 PM by avirex »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2015, 05:23 PM »
Which would you pick:

1) When SD begins, w2w should be followed regardless.

2) When SD begins, if crates are available you must follow CBA.

3) When SD begins, If crates are available the player has the choice to CBA or w2w.

Presonally, I would vote for #3.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2015, 06:34 PM »
I would go for #2. CBA over all is a very simple rule to follow.

It would be like: "You must collect a cr8 before you attack, if none is available you have to perform w2w instead."

You don't even have to mention SD because there will always be a cr8 when there's no SD for the player to collect. Easy, short intuitive rule.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 06:38 PM by Anubis »

Offline rU`

« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2015, 06:47 PM »
How about removing sudden death and less health in the crates

Offline avirex

« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2015, 07:01 PM »
I would go for #2. CBA over all is a very simple rule to follow.

It would be like: "You must collect a cr8 before you attack, if none is available you have to perform w2w instead."

You don't even have to mention SD because there will always be a cr8 when there's no SD for the player to collect. Easy, short intuitive rule.

Anubis, thats is not true.. there are situations when crates do not drop, and sudden death is not officially announced in the game.

i would choose option 3 for this reason... if your opponent falls on a very difficult crate, you should have options, you should not be forced to go after that crate if sudden death comes... his mistake should not penalize you, you should be rewarded imo.

lets pretend its some extremely difficult crate, in some very tight cavern like hide of a roper map on the left side, and both you and your opponent are on the right side... you may skip the crate, and go for a w2w + attack, and being the crate is so hard, you may not even collect it in your retreat, and your opponent might do the same, (w2w, never collect crate) my point is, you should not be forced/punished due to your opponents mistake. i think option 3 is best.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2015, 07:13 PM »
I say option 1 - keep the meaning of sudden death - walls over crates (any hanging crates are merely a bonus)

Offline rU`

« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2015, 07:19 PM »
I say option 1 - keep the meaning of sudden death - walls over crates (any hanging crates are merely a bonus)

That's it. Otherwise SD can be removed.

Offline spleen17

« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2015, 07:28 PM »
I would say 3 but tbh it doesn't matter, as long as the rules are clear about it :)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2015, 07:29 PM »

I respect your decision if this is what you wish to vote for however I cannot agree with "keep the meaning of sudden death".

What sudden death does is eliminate crates from dropping, which in relation also eliminates the "crate before attack" rule because no more crates can drop, the only reason people made the w2w rule was for the situation when there were no more crates left to collect, so that the players had to do something before they attack, it's a replacement for collecting the crate, not a priority when faced with both.

All experienced Ropers will agree that CBA is the main rule and also the main experience of a Roper, so it is only logical that CBA takes precedence, as it always has, do you not agree?

I could only agree with you if SD managed to destroy all remaining crates upon initiation.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2015, 07:41 PM »
Your point is just as valid as mine.
The question is, why was w2w the prerequisite to attack?
1. Because there are no crates to collect? Your view.
2. Because no more crates fall? My view.

Both as valid as each other.

Offline rU`

« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2015, 07:48 PM »
All experienced Ropers will agree
well, lol

I'm still trying to catch old wormers through emails and skype, 99% of them all told me W2W was always mandatory (exact words). Written or unwritten rules, it always felt that way.   
Barely 5-6 people are posting in this thread. And your reasoning is as valid as Ryan's. I can't really believe you've had this opinion since '99 Komo...

We all agree that rules should be stated clearly, at least.