Forums
May 13, 2024, 10:28 PM

Poll

Do you want w2Roper scheme to be added to TUS league?

Yes, as a second choice to classic roper.
No!

Author Topic: w2rope scheme ***please read***  (Read 23187 times)

Re: w2rope scheme ***please read***
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2010, 08:43 PM »
Thanks for the replay, getting a better picture now... although i must say that i don't really see the decrease of crate luck in this scheme, u still can get some pretty lucky crates and be able to attack + grab a crate frequently while ur opponent gets hard crates. Edit: Of course you always can interspere a turn in which you pick up the left alone crates, seems to me more like a synthetic extension of the game time though. This would imo more even out the difference in skill between 2 players than to profit the better player.... From what i see is that it'll add some tactical elements which the actual roper scheme doesn't have. Gotta get used to the not being able to hide properly with 5 sec retreat time tho also. :(

Summary for me: Looks interesting but i guess i need to play a few games to judge if it's rly superior to the "standard" roper scheme...

chakk, as you see in the game with avi and I, avi got a lot more harder crates than I did.. avi wrote the stats in his last post... yet he still kept the game close and tight due to tactics... you can lure someone by hiding closer to the far crate, and they might try to take it and fail, and then you get 2 crates... there are a lot of tactics you can use...

EDIT: I shall also ask the people of worms this... In the league scheme now, you can get a crate on the far side of the map, impossible to rope even with perfect roping and every rope connection the best, get the crate, and attack. Why, I ask, do you accept a scheme where you have a chance to not be able to attack at all depending on where the game engine decides to put the crate?  How does anyone see this as good?  Stop letting the game engine decide the outcome of the game!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 08:45 PM by ShyGuy »
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2010, 09:00 PM »
Avi I have played this scheme before so don't assume I haven't.

I'll reply later.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2010, 09:17 PM »
EDIT: I shall also ask the people of worms this... In the league scheme now, you can get a crate on the far side of the map, impossible to rope even with perfect roping and every rope connection the best, get the crate, and attack. Why, I ask, do you accept a scheme where you have a chance to not be able to attack at all depending on where the game engine decides to put the crate?  How does anyone see this as good?  Stop letting the game engine decide the outcome of the game!

Good point, but that would be valid for most schemes actually. I think of being able to reach an otherwise unreachable worm in elite with max strong wind or being able to knock a worm out of his hide, maybe even being able to knock it towards a barrel if a crate falls right beside you in shoppa. Fact is people will always complain about luck involved may the scheme be oh so perfect.

Well as i already said i need to play some games with this scheme to see what it's like. Don't see a reason why it couldn't co-exist with the normal roper scheme though, another rope scheme would only be a benefit for the league. :) Especially with all those crappy hysteria picks nowadays... :P

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2010, 12:32 AM »
Agreed (agreeing on people picking hysteria part)! And trust me, when you play w2 roper and understand it, it is so much funner than regular roper.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 01:45 AM by ShyGuy »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2010, 03:20 AM »
I like this new scheme, but didn't the replay of avi and shyguy last a bit long? you can not attack and collect 2 crates instead, you gain +50. That's 1 point lesser than your opponent perfect zook.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2010, 04:14 AM »
It lasted a while because it was somewhat intense! :D Avi and I talked about the + 50 thing you talk about Monkey... but we agreed it isn't a problem.  It is much better to get 1 crate and attack than to just go for the two crates for 50.  1 crate and attack = 25 + 47 or so in health difference... getting 2 crates would give you + 50, but the other worm would still get a 22 or so hp difference, assuming he can get a crate and attack (when you go for 2 crates, with 13 seconds with 5 sec retreat time, your hide will usually be bad, so it is easy for someone to get crate and attack after).

Offline darKz

« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2010, 05:34 AM »
I like this scheme, it's a nice variation to the classical WA Roper.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2010, 09:59 AM »
rofl, this scheme is like a shopper, avirex wanted manipulate doH's pick and tried to make us play this shit w2 scheme, we didnt so they pik shopa hieuheuhe

Offline avirex

« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2010, 01:08 PM »
no crash, we asked if we could make our pick w2roper, if u would agree (dibz would have been more then happy to have played it)

nothing to do with your pick.. your so annoying, its hard to believe ur smited worth 500 lol!

besides crash, the funny part is not that we picked shoppa! its that we played it on a randomly generated (on the spot) cavern map!! hahahhahahahhaha im still laughing about that!! for the longest time i just could not picture playing shoppa on anything but ur city shoppa map, lololololol but then i just got that crazy lol idea, and im still loling!! lol! 

monkeyisland: these sets r not finalized... we can change anything, like shy said we have talked about that, but decided maybe its not a problem, but its still up for debate, also we are trying to decide if it should be 13 seconds, or 12... maybe after the scheme has had enough publicity we can take a poll...  and the game lasted 18 minutes...  i dont think thats long tbh, in an elite sudden death would only just be starting...  and besides, that game only lasted long because of the very hard map... we used the map to show that even on hard map, and hard crates, the win will go to the one who deserves it, not to the one who got the better crates.

Offline Ramone

« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2010, 01:43 PM »
I'm not into roping much but I liked it.. Seems to me that it's more tactical (brain usage) and that skills are "taking a bigger part" here than in plain roper.. 
Not sure if U need a "first shot zook" rule here..

But avi, don't U know that original w2 roper had dyna...  :D  :P

Offline avirex

« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2010, 01:59 PM »
yeah, shy had talked about taking out the zook first turn rule...   i think i will do that!!

and lol.. w2 had anything you wanted...  i used clusters as nade, and the clusters did 0 damage, it was just a cool effect, and dynos as mines, but powered down to mine damage (in w2 u could set the exact damage of each weap right down to the HP)

for my power weaps i liked a cow, and even a super sheep...   for that really hard cr8 on a map one time.... .. ..... hmmmm that actually gives me an idea..   1 SS in the sets powered down 1!  haha im going to try this!!

but anyway, yeah in w2 what they did was the higher ranked playing of the league has rights to host, he would host.. and no matter how bizarre n crazy his sets were.. he would just tell the other guy, and they play...

so u would see suttin like ... zook 55, health 25, 1 dyno, 1 sheep, 1 instant mine on map, FD 100, ready? gl hf!

ok off to gives this SS a try :D

Offline magic

« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2010, 02:32 PM »
I support this idea :D

Offline avirex

« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2010, 02:35 PM »
i just tried with a SS.. it does add another element of tactic to the game... but im not sure if i like it... im leaving it out for now. but ill update: all weaps first turn, health cr8s 23.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 02:41 PM by avirex »

Offline avirex

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2010, 03:37 PM »
ok, so monkeyisland... what steps do i need to take in order to get this scheme into the league??

maybe we should take a poll if people want it to represent a complete different scheme, or just to be another option to the "rope" scheme...

i think enough people are supportive of this scheme that we can move on to the next step, do u agree??

and can som1 please open my damn w2rope cup? its been about 3-4 days :\

« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2010, 03:44 PM »
yea open it plz! dont be slack!