Forums
May 14, 2024, 08:05 PM

Poll

Do you want w2Roper scheme to be added to TUS league?

Yes, as a second choice to classic roper.
No!

Author Topic: w2rope scheme ***please read***  (Read 23192 times)

Re: w2rope scheme ***please read***
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2010, 05:41 AM »
I have never tried this scheme, and im not the best roper exactly, so for me its the same basically.. BUUUT imo the "crate raped" thing is sometimes a good thing for this game. I mean, if not the best player will win like 90% no matter what. I mean its exciting 2 know that eventho ur a worse player u still have a chance. AAANNND if u got a bad start, u wont lose 100% cause anything can happen. I mean if u get a bad start, u most likely have v small odds getting back in the game with this style.

Anyways, this is NOT a "no ffs dont change roper" at all :)

Btw, i think in normal roper the w2w in sd should be forced each round tho, i really hate that some ppl just wait for the other one 2 fail.. :)

But uber, the lesser player always has a chance to win if the more skilled player does a major f@#! up.. so there is the chance for a lesser player to win... why pad f@#! ups with chances of getting shitty crates on top of it?  This gets rid of the unnecessary luck factor and adds in tactics and real skill
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2010, 09:37 AM »
I am really interested in this scheme and I will try it, but I don't think it will take over the normal scheme.

Besides it's not the scheme thats wrong with ropers, people are only being crate raped because they are using ridiculously hard maps these days, the old style maps used to never have crate rape, like the maps I host with, hard crates, although hard, are very possible to at least collect and hit with a 1s/2s grenade or something, I don't know who 1st thought of making these ridiculously tight and high maps but it's stupid, it doesn't present true skill and never will thanks to the factor of crate rape...

When people see my maps they are like "Aaah this map sucks" but lol, not it doesn't suck back in the day they would be great, my maps are perfectly created for the skilled roper, if you actually think of it, roping on my maps isn't even too easy, yeah it's easier than most peoples because it isn't practically touching the roof or the sides, but it presents true skill.

I do like your idea Avi, but I wouldn't use it to replace the current scheme and it's not the scheme thats wrong, it's the maps, anyone with common sense and has been around for longer than only 5 years will know this is right and see what I mean, even if say "I don't like Komo so I won't even listen to him", I think your scheme will be good, as a 2nd choice of roper scheme, like just to make it more interesting, but I don't know if it should count to the same Standings or make a seperate scheme of it.

People started making these silly maps because more and more people started to tap fast and think that they have advantage over someone who can't tap fast, whether you believe this to be true or not does not matter, but does not relieve the fact that i've seen players get beat that are much better, because of these maps and their unlucky crates.

Something needs to be done about this, because not just is it frustrating to lose games because of crate rape, if you think about it, it can, and does cause people to fall out, some people who are friends, sometimes start arguements with each other because of a bad game, I am not saying this will solve that, but it will help a little if the scheme is more skill based and not luck.

And I had an idea a while back and never bothered to mention it, but here it is:

Let's go back to oldschool roper maps, you all know what i'm talking about, and if you don't i'll show you, but here's the perk, people will now say, blah blah 1st shot will win, well no, if you really want it to be a fair and true game then make it so the person who gets the 1st turn does NOT collect the crate, they instead w2w and THEN attack, but then the 2nd player gets 2 crates and attacks, then it's playing normal.

I have played several ropers like this, and imo it is better than the w2 rope scheme.

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2010, 09:57 AM »
the person who gets the 1st turn does NOT collect the crate, they instead w2w and THEN attack
There the 2nd player gets the advantage ~(-47)+20+20: as if the second player started.
Anyway it's not needed. On a easy map, the difference will occur in the perfection of the shots.

And as I remember, even on Fabrousse maps, there was hard crates, but not as hard on some other maps.
But some Mablak's ones are really good for Proper, but reserved to Pro Roper (as the scheme used to be called).
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline avirex

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2010, 10:44 AM »
komo, i dont agree with you at all...  the solution is not go downgrade the maps we play on, but to upgrade the settings...    i have to go off to work, but when i get back i will get deeper into why you r wrong, and suck cock :D see ya

Offline sm0k

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2010, 11:19 AM »
it would be cool if there would be 2 roper shemes in tus , the standart one and the w2 one.
and maybe flyshoppa too =)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2010, 12:07 PM »
Abs, That's wrong, the 1st player will still be ahead after his 2nd turn.

Avi, you can't even rope on hard maps, I'm better than you on harder maps and even I suck, so even with your settings someone with better crates still does have a better chance, besides w2 scheme is 12 seconds not 13.

I'm telling you, the best solution is my idea lol

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2010, 01:33 PM »
Btw, i think in normal roper the w2w in sd should be forced each round tho, i really hate that some ppl just wait for the other one 2 fail.. :)

yep, failing to w2w in SD should result in a skip. What happens if someone looses their turn before they manage to w2w tho? Could be abused that way
worm and learn

Offline Error

• Tool Assisted

• Ukraine Ukraine
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2010, 01:37 PM »
all of u knows that is POSSIBLE to go up, to another side of map down, go back and attack! but u should be fast as wind lmao!! so u seems like just searching to make esier roper scheme and nothing more... if u cant trust me ask any pro roper that is possible!

seems like u just scared to death of loosing to lucky noobs that have crates closer than ur crates haha!

if u ask, what about pro vs pro? damn what about pro vs pro in t17?!! lets remove crates from t17 lmao!
Of course, if you suck as roper, you will still suck using finger roll, but you will suck better, faster, harder and more creatively than ever before!

Offline Krezo

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2010, 02:39 PM »
I watched dibz and avirex last night and totaly support this scheme. Gl dude
No signature.

Offline angus

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2010, 03:09 PM »
Angus, I watched your replay but you guys were still pretty much playing like it was a normal roper... the point of the scheme is to prevent crate rape luck. When you have a crate that is far away, you shouldn't try to get it, especially if you are leading... it is better to leave the crate and attack your opponent... this way, you get the important hit, the crate luck didn't rape you... if your opponent wants to get the far crate next turn, let him.. but he probably won't be able to attack ;)

ahhh then, no cba  8)

Offline avirex

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2010, 04:04 PM »
cap letters represent my thoughts, sorry for caps, did not see i can do bold letters until the end :D hahah

I am really interested in this scheme and I will try it, but I don't think it will take over the normal scheme.

IM GLAD YOUR INTERESTED, BUT DONT FORM AN OPINION, UNTIL U HAVE WATCH MINE AND SHYGUYS REPLAY COMPLETE, AND ALSO TRIED THE SCHEME FOR YOURSELF.

Besides it's not the scheme thats wrong with ropers, people are only being crate raped because they are using ridiculously hard maps these days, the old style maps used to never have crate rape, like the maps I host with, hard crates, although hard, are very possible to at least collect and hit with a 1s/2s grenade or something, I don't know who 1st thought of making these ridiculously tight and high maps but it's stupid, it doesn't present true skill and never will thanks to the factor of crate rape...

OK, SO YOUR SAYING THAT EVERYONE SHOULD PLAY ON BORING, EASY, NEWB MAPS... SO THAT EVERY CR8 IS REACHABLE, BUT SOME HARDER THEN OTHERS? IF THAT IS WHAT YOU THINK THE SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM IS, I DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU AT ALL.

When people see my maps they are like "Aaah this map sucks" but lol, not it doesn't suck back in the day they would be great, my maps are perfectly created for the skilled roper, if you actually think of it, roping on my maps isn't even too easy, yeah it's easier than most peoples because it isn't practically touching the roof or the sides, but it presents true skill.

ROPING ON A VERY SHORT, HARDLY ANY LAND, WIDE OPEN MAP DOES NOT PRESENT TRUE SKILL, AND WHEN PEOPLE SAY "AAAH THIS MAP SUCKS" ITS BECAUSE IT KINDA DOES :(

I do like your idea Avi, but I wouldn't use it to replace the current scheme and it's not the scheme thats wrong, it's the maps, anyone with common sense and has been around for longer than only 5 years will know this is right and see what I mean, even if say "I don't like Komo so I won't even listen to him", I think your scheme will be good, as a 2nd choice of roper scheme, like just to make it more interesting, but I don't know if it should count to the same Standings or make a seperate scheme of it.

THANKS YOU FOR LIKING MY IDEA..  AND IM NOT TRYING TO REPLACE THE CURRENT ROPE SCHEME, JUST GIVING PEOPLE THE OPTION OF THE 2 SETTINGS (AS I SAID, I THINK THIS SETTING WILL TAKE FAVORITE SOON ENOUGH)  AND I THINK JUST THE OPPOSITE, ANYONE WITH COMMON SENSE WILL SEE MY SETTINGS ARE BETTER, AND MORE SKILLFULL, AND TACTICAL... AND I HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR FAR MOTH THEN 5 YEARS, AND A ROPER SINCE W2, BEFORE W:A WAS EVEN THOUGHT OF... IM NOT TRYING TO BRAG ABOUT MY OLDSCHOOLNESS, BUT BACK IN THOSE DAYS THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT WERE AROUND THAT STILL PLAY TODAY WAS ME, IRWLZ AND DUB-C (ALTHOUGH IRWLZ HAS BEEN MIA FOR A WHILE NOW) 

NOW FOR U TO SAY U DONT THINK IT SHOULD COUND THE SAME AS THE CURRENT ROPE SCHEME IS YOUR OPINION, AND I RESPECT IT.. SURE..... BUT U HAVE NOT EVEN RESPECTED MY OPINION ENOUGH TO GIVE THE SCHEME A TRY BEFORE YOU FORMED AN OPINION OF YOUR OWN... THATS PRETTY SHITTY..

People started making these silly maps because more and more people started to tap fast and think that they have advantage over someone who can't tap fast, whether you believe this to be true or not does not matter, but does not relieve the fact that i've seen players get beat that are much better, because of these maps and their unlucky crates.

GOOD POINT!! SO LETS MAKE IT SO THE MORE SKILLFULL PLAYER WINS, REGARDLESS OF MAP (EASY LIKE YOURS, OR HARD LIKE MABLAKS) WILL WIN THE GAME!! THATS WHAT MY SETTINGS OFFER!!

Something needs to be done about this, because not just is it frustrating to lose games because of crate rape, if you think about it, it can, and does cause people to fall out, some people who are friends, sometimes start arguements with each other because of a bad game, I am not saying this will solve that, but it will help a little if the scheme is more skill based and not luck.

SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE!! EXACTLY, THATS WHY ME AND SHYGUY ARE TRYING TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, SO PLEASE.. TRY THE SETTINGS A COUPLE TIMES BEFORE YOU FORM AN OPINION, AND GO AGAINST IT IN ANYWAY. THANKS

And I had an idea a while back and never bothered to mention it, but here it is:

Let's go back to oldschool roper maps, you all know what i'm talking about, and if you don't i'll show you, but here's the perk, people will now say, blah blah 1st shot will win, well no, if you really want it to be a fair and true game then make it so the person who gets the 1st turn does NOT collect the crate, they instead w2w and THEN attack, but then the 2nd player gets 2 crates and attacks, then it's playing normal.

LIKE ABNAX SEZ.... IF BOTH START AT SAY 200... SECOND PLAYER (ASSUMING 1ST PLAYER MAKES A PERFECT ZOOK) HAS 153... NOW HE GETS 2 CR8S AND AN ATTACK... 2ND PLAYERS STARTS GAME WITH 193 AND IF MADE A PERFECT ZOOK, 1ST PLAYERS STARTS WITH 153.. HOW IS THAT FAIR IN ANYWAY??   

AND DOES NOT MEAN EXACTLY THAT 2ND PLAYER WILL WIN, BUT IF BOTH PLAY PERFECT GAMES, YES... SECOND PLAYER WINS...  THATS NOT A GOOD SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM, SORRY KOMO.

I have played several ropers like this, and imo it is better than the w2 rope scheme.

AGAIN, U HAVE NOT GAVE THE SCHEME A CHANCE, BEFORE U FORMED YOUR OPINION, IM DISSAPOINTED, I THOUGHT YOU OF ALL PEOPLE WOULD HAVE.

and komo, u are not better then me in roper.. lol, not at all... in fact, ur not better then me in any scheme cept bng.. im kinda annoyed u keep trying to say it, maybe we need to have a friendly toe to toe battle with all schemes, see who truly is the top dog.

Offline avirex

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2010, 04:14 PM »
again, the scheme can be downloaded in TUS scheme inbox, ID# 303

and heres the replay again.. everyone plz watch. :p

Offline nino

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2010, 04:54 PM »
i liked that scheme, lets see if from now on, i have more sucess playing roper huahua.

You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline avirex

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2010, 05:05 PM »
Abs, That's wrong, the 1st player will still be ahead after his 2nd turn.

Avi, you can't even rope on hard maps, I'm better than you on harder maps and even I suck, so even with your settings someone with better crates still does have a better chance, besides w2 scheme is 12 seconds not 13.

I'm telling you, the best solution is my idea lol

i did not just want to argue with you, with no facts.... (like your doing) so i watched the replay me and shy did, and tallied the cr8s...   i made a tally of the impossible cr8s, and a tally of the questionable cr8s...  meaning, cr8s that with 13 seconds was not possible, but with 15seconds, very hard, but hittable so i marked as questionable......

NOTE: i based my tallies on the cr8 that dropped b4 each turn (not what was on map) and based on where you were at start, and where the enemy was...  

EXAMPLE: i did not count shyguys very first cr8 as impossible, or questionable.. i feel where he started from, he would have got the cr8 and made the hit, but he chose a solid zook shot for 51 instead, and did not risk the cr8 at all... maybe a smart play? thats for you to decide... anyways, heres what i came up with

in total, i had 13 impossible cr8s, and 1 questionable... shyguy had 5 impossible cr8s and 2 questionable...

at about 8 minutes into the game, i had 6 impossible cr8s, and 1 questionable, shyguy had 2 impossible cr8s and 2 questionable.. but yet, i was winning 263-209

at 12 minutes into the game, i have a wopping 9 crates that were impossible, and 1 questionable, and shy still only 2-2... yet the score was just about tied, me having 172, and shyguy having 174

at roughly 13:30 shy came and attacked me, leaving his cr8 behind..  my health was 129 to shyguys impressive 199.. but i was able to not only get my cr8, but also the one he left behind on my turn, and still skillfully managed to attack.. the score then went to 179-157, my lead! (not to mention at this point the tally is 10 impossible and 1 questionable for me, and still 2 and 2 for shy)

by the end of the game i had 13 impossible, and 1 questionable.. and shy had 5 impossible and 2 questionable, it was not until i gave myself 20 FD second to last turn, and totally blew my last turn killing myself was the game over... there were plenty of cr8s on the map for me to retreive and hide, if i had not fallen there was plenty of possibility for me to have won... therefor shy was the better skilled player of this match, cr8s had absolutely nothing to do with the outcome.

now ask yourself this...   in a standard rope scheme of me getting 13 impossible cr8s, and shy getting 5... who do u think would have won??? the answer is obvious, i rest my case! the people have spoken!

Offline chakkman

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2010, 07:12 PM »
Thanks for the replay, getting a better picture now... although i must say that i don't really see the decrease of crate luck in this scheme, u still can get some pretty lucky crates and be able to attack + grab a crate frequently while ur opponent gets hard crates. Edit: Of course you always can interspere a turn in which you pick up the left alone crates, seems to me more like a synthetic extension of the game time though. This would imo more even out the difference in skill between 2 players than to profit the better player.... From what i see is that it'll add some tactical elements which the actual roper scheme doesn't have. Gotta get used to the not being able to hide properly with 5 sec retreat time tho also. :(

Summary for me: Looks interesting but i guess i need to play a few games to judge if it's rly superior to the "standard" roper scheme...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 07:20 PM by chakkman »