Forums
May 19, 2024, 09:07 PM

Poll

Do you want w2Roper scheme to be added to TUS league?

Yes, as a second choice to classic roper.
No!

Author Topic: w2rope scheme ***please read***  (Read 23251 times)

Offline beer

Re: w2rope scheme ***please read***
« Reply #150 on: July 27, 2010, 07:03 PM »
Not the most played... I play ttrr man

lol yes, w/e. most played in leagues!

T17 has luck factor, too - shall we replace that as well?

lol ey

drama queen iz back

Offline avirex

« Reply #151 on: July 27, 2010, 07:05 PM »
t17 is noted for its luck factor, and everyone accepts it, and there is no way to change it.. u idiot..

roper should be based upon skill, now give it a rest..

MonkeyI: me and dibz agreed to w2roper, we enjoy the scheme better, and we did not realize it would be against rules to play it, as long as we both agreed...  im kinda annoyed you give us a warning... but ok..... actually its not ok, thats bullshit.... but ok..

MonkeyI: if two people agree to an elite scheme, but then say "hey, do u mind if i take mines and barrels out of the scheme? imho i think they are lucky, and make for lack of hides if they land in the wrong spot" the other guy sez "sure buddy, i feel the same way.. go ahead and remove mines and barrels" lmfao...

will they get warned? just sayin

Offline franz

« Reply #152 on: July 27, 2010, 07:10 PM »
@beer
Once again, for the 100th time, we aren't replacing roper, so saying we are changing a scheme is weak... you can always play your silly luck filled roper whenever you please.

You guys are bashing normal roper way too hard.. "silly luck filled roper"?  You make it sound like everyone who has played roper is an idiot for playing it because "why haven't they noticed how silly and luck filled it is?!"  Either that or you'll say anything just to make w2rope look good.

Show me one game where someone didn't make any mistakes and still lost due to crates.  I'm absolutely positive this is harder than you think.  Then prove that this happens all the time.  Because it doesn't.

Offline avirex

« Reply #153 on: July 27, 2010, 07:14 PM »
franz..  shy is not the only one who thinks it... more and more think it, and more and more are coming to see it, so chill...  stop PMS'ing

and yeah, i have seen perfect games b4.. who does the winner go to? the better cr8s.. duh

Offline franz

« Reply #154 on: July 27, 2010, 07:18 PM »
franz..  shy is not the only one who thinks it... more and more think it, and more and more are coming to see it, so chill...  stop PMS'ing

and yeah, i have seen perfect games b4.. who does the winner go to? the better cr8s.. duh

empty words without any replay(s)

Offline beer

« Reply #155 on: July 27, 2010, 07:22 PM »

You guys are bashing normal roper way too hard.. "silly luck filled roper"?  You make it sound like everyone who has played roper is an idiot for playing it because "why haven't they noticed how silly and luck filled it is?!"  Either that or you'll say anything just to make w2rope look good.

Show me one game where someone didn't make any mistakes and still lost due to crates.  I'm absolutely positive this is harder than you think.  Then prove that this happens all the time.  Because it doesn't.

drama queen iz back

Offline avirex

« Reply #156 on: July 27, 2010, 07:22 PM »
franz, i obviously dont have games saved on archive lmfao... thats so stupid..

besides, its harder to have a perfect game when all ur cr8s r hard right? u need to rush and maybe force a fall... so easier cr8s will win in that respect as well...

besides the point is not how often it happens, the point is to stop it from happening..  simple as that.

Offline CMV

« Reply #157 on: July 27, 2010, 07:24 PM »
"t17 is noted for its luck factor, and everyone accepts it, and there is no way to change it.. u idiot.."
It was the same with roper, up to now. It was noted for its luck factor, everybody accepted it, and people thought there was no way to change it. I just tried to be sarcastic with the t17 example. And will you stop calling me an idiot, please? You could as well receive a warning for disrespecting other people...
SÜN
SÜN
SÜÜÜN

Offline avirex

« Reply #158 on: July 27, 2010, 07:28 PM »
ehhh... modified :)  i will bite my tongue for once in my life.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 07:30 PM by avirex »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #159 on: July 27, 2010, 07:31 PM »
MonkeyI: if two people agree to an elite scheme, but then say "hey, do u mind if i take mines and barrels out of the scheme? imho i think they are lucky, and make for lack of hides if they land in the wrong spot" the other guy sez "sure buddy, i feel the same way.. go ahead and remove mines and barrels" lmfao...

Do not put minor and major details of a scheme in one place. Mines and barrels for Elite scheme are minor details of the scheme. 2 people can NOT remove WBA rule from WxW upon agreement and report it as WxW, however they can agree on adding super sheep to WxW scheme. That's the difference.

We delete these kind of games which has a major rule break but we usually do not warn if it is their first time.

The reason you got warn was because we had a whole topic and poll going on and you chose to ignore them all. We are not a clan site with 10 members. I'm dealing with many members of the community.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline franz

« Reply #160 on: July 27, 2010, 07:35 PM »
franz, i obviously dont have games saved on archive lmfao... thats so stupid..

well then I still say that if you can't show a single game where someone didn't make any mistakes and still lost due to crates -> it rarely ever happens.

besides, its harder to have a perfect game when all ur cr8s r hard right? u need to rush and maybe force a fall... so easier cr8s will win in that respect as well...

besides the point is not how often it happens, the point is to stop it from happening..  simple as that.

that's the thing..  part of the strategy of roper is keeping your cool and composure when getting hard crates and therefore not making mistakes when they do happen.  way too often people rush too hard for an impossible crate and force a fall like you say, then they complain "WTF CRATES."  did the crate make you fall?  no, you lost your cool and you made a mistake.  that ends up being much worse than the alternative -> get the crate and return safely.

I'm not bashing w2rope by the way, I'll usually play just about anything.  I just think you guys are bashing too hard the roper we've played and enjoyed for years.

« Reply #161 on: July 27, 2010, 07:48 PM »
Well, even if I think sometimes you get crate bashed it's not often. But you often play against people that will hide in top after 5 turn because they got the last 5 crate easy and could attack you when it wasn't your case (even if you didn't fall).
And hidding in top is imo lame and kill the game. So just for that this scheme is worth the shot imo since it avoids it.

Offline avirex

« Reply #162 on: July 27, 2010, 07:53 PM »
as u know, im from w2.. i thought ur guys rope sets were retarded from the start tbh... and this is not the first time i have tried to bring these sets to w:a..  (its just the first time anyone listens)

and as i have said in this thread b4, just because u have played a scheme for a long period of time, and its considered "classic" does not mean its perfect, and needs not improvement.

MonkeyI:  me and dibz agreed to play w2roper... knowing we were sacraficing our own points, and what not.. it was between no1 else but me and dibz...   i really dont understand this warning (not that i personally care about it) but i just dont understand it...

but if u feel its needed, go for it... im done discussing it

Offline CMV

« Reply #163 on: July 27, 2010, 07:56 PM »
"me and dibz agreed to play w2roper..." Read what MI wrote before replying, for God's sake.
SÜN
SÜN
SÜÜÜN

Offline franz

« Reply #164 on: July 27, 2010, 07:58 PM »
Well, even if I think sometimes you get crate bashed it's not often. But you often play against people that will hide in top after 5 turn because they got the last 5 crate easy and could attack you when it wasn't your case (even if you didn't fall).
And hidding in top is imo lame and kill the game. So just for that this scheme is worth the shot imo since it avoids it.

it's not often, I agree.  I think more often is people making mistakes due to the crates, so we shouldn't be blaming crates like everyone is doing. we should be blaming ourselves and focus on playing mistake-free.

since you brought up the 'hide on top strat', I have to comment.  there is no rule about the 'hide on top strat' but you can help avoid frustration if you agree beforehand with your opponent about it.  I do enjoy playing without that strat, but I know that I can't force people to play it.  so if we both agree it's allowed before the game starts, then if I have a lead near the end, I use the strat, and hopefully they start to hate the strat if they start losing to it a lot ;)