Forums
May 19, 2024, 08:14 PM

Poll

Do you want w2Roper scheme to be added to TUS league?

Yes, as a second choice to classic roper.
No!

Author Topic: w2rope scheme ***please read***  (Read 23248 times)

Offline franz

Re: w2rope scheme ***please read***
« Reply #195 on: July 28, 2010, 03:27 PM »
oh and avi, nice words.  I like how you're defending w2rope.  you make good points.

« Reply #196 on: July 28, 2010, 03:52 PM »
true like franz i hardly ever lose cos of cr8s. unless i mess up ie fall trying to hard to get a cr8  but then its my fault.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #197 on: July 28, 2010, 08:32 PM »
Avi, I said I think the scheme is ok, meaning I like it, but I still prefer normal roper.

franz, If you hit every turn of a game, you started 2nd, your opponent misses 1 turn, and at the end of the game, what I said happens, sorry but, I don't how that ISN'T crate rape...

Offline franz

« Reply #198 on: July 28, 2010, 08:36 PM »
komo, that's the point.  when was the last time you hit every turn of a game?

Offline Ramone

« Reply #199 on: July 29, 2010, 01:11 AM »
I think that all of U guys needs to try to play some WormsReloaded https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/worms-armageddon/worms-reloaded/ just to realize some things...  xD

Btw, why don't U have it on "free" league and give it a try-out times... After few months see what happens and bring it to "classic" if ppl likes it... Problem [solved]  ;)

After all, there's always ttrr for "pure-roping-skill" contest..
Or even some "style-warm" contests...

Whatever ya want, I ain't the one to talk about it anyway ;X
Play some BnG's! xD

Offline avirex

« Reply #200 on: July 29, 2010, 01:34 AM »
do people even play free league?...

Offline Free

« Reply #201 on: July 29, 2010, 02:54 AM »
To me, and I am not lying, seriously, in the last 2 years, MOST games I play in, or watch in clanners, someone gets bad crates most of the game, now i'm not saying this always results in a loss, but when it comes down to like say, you have 54hp and opponent has 20hp, his turn, his crate is RIGHT next to you, he hits you for 47, you now have 7hp left, and he has 40hp, his hide is hittable with a mine on head without a knock, but guess what, you have played better the WHOLE game, and RIGHT at the last minute, when you really should deserve the win, you get a crate at the other side of the map tucked right under, you get the crate, perfect roping even get back fast, but not fast enough to make a hit, you toss a grenade in hope of a lucky hit, you get your good hide back, next turn, he gets a crate directly above, - GG you lose cuz of crates.

that's why everyone thinks there is crate rape.  they lose on the last turn, and they blame the crate instead of them self.. but did they really play their best game the whole game?  was it 100% the game's fault?

That's weird, because i've literally seen over a thousand games at least lost because of bad crates

Note, i've been playing for over 11 years, I am NOT exaggerating the number of games i've seen lost due to bad crates.

seriously, just find one game from your recent memory even here on the tus site and show it to us.  I still stand by my quote below.

well then I still say that if you can't show a single game where someone didn't make any mistakes and still lost due to crates -> it rarely ever happens.

You have no say in this. You're the one who claimed to have a vagina. :D:D:D:DD:D:D:D:

Offline franz

« Reply #202 on: July 29, 2010, 04:26 AM »
<3

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #203 on: July 29, 2010, 06:14 AM »
komo, that's the point.  when was the last time you hit every turn of a game?

Well before I broke the keyboard I was used to at the start of this year, I actually do it quite alot where I get every crate and attack, because I don't host on ridiculous maps, but even on ridiculous maps, when my crate wasn't at the other side of the map and tucked under, I would always attack.

This year, i've only done it about 3 times out of about 300 ropers, cuz i've been screwing around trying diff keyboards and stuff, I finally found one I like, so shouldn't be too long before I get used to it

At the end of the day, like I said, this is going to be a pointless debate, because you have your opinion which is fine, and I have my opinion which is also fine, most ropers I encounter I get crate raped, some people forget I used to be an EXTREMELY strong and fast roper before I started playing BnG which is why alot of people will shrug me off, franz, you should know better, i've beat you on many occasions back in the day as have you beat me, but I guess that's when you were a girl... Lol.

You have your opinion, I respect it, it's what you feel, but I feel what I feel and I guess I must just have bad luck most of the time when it comes to getting crates, because obviously you don't sound like you have it as bad as me.

But you are correct, this year, most of my games have lost because I haven't played good, but still half of those games I could have won easy if my crates were not pathetic lol, recently I always fall trying to get a hard crate...

Offline franz

« Reply #204 on: July 29, 2010, 06:50 AM »
oh I definitely remember when you were mainly a roper/warmer pro.  you had my respect then, so don't assume that you don't still have my respect now (you just mainly play bng now is all  :P)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #205 on: July 29, 2010, 08:26 AM »
Hah, that last post made me a Hero Member :D:D

And yeah, I loved the days of sitting, getting stoned, playing worms.

I remember I stayed awake for 2 weeks (I swear, no lie) smoking weed, drinking Irn Bru and playing this...

Irn Bru makes me hyper by the way, it helped to stay awake, my mum and dad were on holiday.

I sleep for 3 days after this though,lol, I know you will all look at this and think, 2 weeks? Pfft no way, But I swear, when I was like 16-17 (6-7 years ago) I used to stay up for days at a time, on multiple occasions playing, WA is partly the reason why I work nightshift now, and why I can outlast anyone I know at drinking and staying awake longest lol, there's no way I could stay awake for 2 weeks now, i'm well unfit now, but I could still manage 3-4 days, if I wasn't working, and I could do anything I want.

In those 2 weeks, IMO was the best roping i've EVER done, I will NEVER do better than that.

Offline avirex

« Reply #206 on: July 29, 2010, 10:50 AM »
i used to love when franz had a pussy.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #207 on: July 29, 2010, 11:00 AM »
i used to love when franz had a pussy.

I 2nd that :)

Offline Ramone

« Reply #208 on: July 29, 2010, 03:11 PM »
...and why I can outlast anyone I know at drinking and staying awake longest lol...

Don't say that twice! I hope I'll meet ya someday and put ya under table in drinking contest!!! ;D We might also have a drunken fight, so I can revenge all those zooks and nades on my head that I got from U! XD
lol

Offline darKz

« Reply #209 on: August 01, 2010, 08:46 PM »
I'll change my vote from yes to no because after playing a couple of w2ropes I don't see how there can't be crate rape in this scheme. It's the same as in normal Roper, imho the newfound tactics in this scheme are very questionable.

In the end it's still down to crates spawning at random places.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010