Forums
May 03, 2024, 03:27 PM

Author Topic: Tutorial: how to make a good random elite map.  (Read 4490 times)

Offline Chicken23

Re: Tutorial: how to make a good random elite map.
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2010, 02:10 AM »
Cheese, Arts, Easter, Manhatten (sp), pirate. These textures also can produced some nice maps.

nice post HHC, i like to edit randoms a little but but i dont like them as closed and tight as some maps are. I always try to get a grider or two into the map aswell. There are some nice moves you can do with griders, like shooting mines, and lowering a barrel without it exploding. I like maps which encourages these moves but still have hides for sudden death if someone is a more darksided player.

I find the current style of elite maps encourage more darksiding tactics than lightside aggressive moves but still games are fun and people can still play with their styles.

I like what nino said but also HHC's guide to maps.

Offline SPW

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2010, 09:24 AM »
Dont think that those maps allowed to darksiding. Its up to you how u tp your worms at begin. So u can pile them all if u want. But at lame maps u cant pile them at all and less tactics are available at least.

But: Never play a saved elite map. Thats just ugly. Thats why HHC posted that tutorial to help players, create them own elite maps. The point is, a lot of ppl are too lazy spending a bit time to build a nice area.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 09:27 AM by SPW »

Offline Crazy

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2010, 01:37 PM »
Very nice tutorial, I`ll study it even more later today. You should add it to your site HHC!

Offline Ray

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2010, 03:30 PM »
Crazy, there will be a part on the site called Worms School, in which such tutorials will be posted.

Offline Crazy

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2010, 05:50 PM »
Nice! Add Darkone`s RR tutorial and IBB`s roper tutorial too then :D

Offline Ray

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2010, 06:01 PM »
Well, gather the info/links for me, if I may ask. ::)

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2010, 08:44 PM »
Nice Tutorial
GJ!
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline HHC

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2011, 04:32 PM »
*BUMP*

Addition: Husky's method.

Select a random island map to work from (and put objects on '10').
1. press to see the map with objects on it.
2. RIGHT-click and LEFT-click on again. You now get a message warning you about colour loss. Choose 'yes'. Both the original map and the objects on it are now shown as regular 'white'-terrain.
3.LEFT-click again and you will see that the objects are now placed on top of the 'fake' objects that are now part of the terrain. The map is now quite a bit more complicated than it was when you first selected it.
Use the 'reseed' button to randomize the objects 'till you are satisfied.

Visual aid:  :P

N.B.: It is ESSENTIAL that you use a terrain-type with smooth surface for the fake objects (as any grass on top of it will be turned into solid terrain as well). Suggestions (from the top of my head): Pirate, New York (see above)Paint, Cheese, Music, Screws, Beach, Clocks, Pirate.
Medical-theme can also be used, but the objects aren't good to use as fake ones (the needles, hospital beds, etc. will feature a lot of narrow lines and spikey hooks). Better use Paint or New York, as both have pretty big and very solid objects.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 12:11 PM by HHC »

Offline huskov

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2012, 12:06 PM »
tnx HHC ;)