Forums
May 14, 2024, 12:40 PM

Author Topic: All Against Komito aka getting to know how Komo rolls in life  (Read 15429 times)

Offline Anubis

Re: All Against Komito aka getting to know how Komo rolls in life
« Reply #150 on: August 07, 2012, 02:51 AM »
Ah, well I wasn't referring to your tournament, I was just talking about my past where I literally could play 12hours of warmers lol. :D

« Reply #151 on: August 07, 2012, 04:17 AM »
Ok.  I'm finished with this topic for now :)

Offline Crazy

« Reply #152 on: August 07, 2012, 04:25 AM »
Playing 12 hours straight is rather... unhealthy :P You could also add HHC and D1 to that list of yours Shady

« Reply #153 on: August 07, 2012, 05:15 AM »
my prime has yet to evolve.... i've only shown 30% of my power thus far!!
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #154 on: August 07, 2012, 08:01 AM »
What I wanna know is, if you were so awesome and basically achieved "Legend" status, where has the skill gone?

I mean, you can hold your own with the rope but surely to go from being one of the best ropers/warmers ever to how you are now is a bit strange.

Maybe I'm just being cynical (again).

I mean, Anubis hasn't warmed/roped like he used to for ages I bet,  he's been out of the scene, but if he had a little while to dust off his rope I'm sure he'd be able to show us some of the old magic.  

I know you're going to say that playing BnG for so long and not roping so much has made you rusty.  But having roped for so many hundreds of hours, the Legend must still be in you and you would be able to bring it back again.

;O

Well straight off, as soon as I discovered BnG I straight out stopped enjoying Warmers, they completely bored me, people in general were getting bored with Warmers with all the new stuff being developed for WA, especially in the last 3-5 years...

The longest i've spent warming since then has been about, 30 minutes max, which is a far length from playing warmers up to 20 hours long, I literally spent 01-03 doing nothing but playing Warmers every spare moment of my life when I wasn't at school or sleeping, I lost my childhood sweetheart because of Warmers... The days I was off school i'd play warmer after warmer after warmer for like 16-20 hours, then sleep 5-6 hours, then do it again...

I can still do warmers pretty good but imo I am like 10% of what I used to be, I never will and one of the main reasons is actually because of hardware/software changes, I was lucky enough to obtain a keyboard that fit my style like a glove, then I got a keyboard which was perfect for WWP, I can't explain it, but having the right keyboard/software really does help, some people won't ever be able to rope consistently keeping the same pace for over even 60 seconds because during that period they will have some lag that will inevitably make them fall and lose their turn, or their keyboard has keylock, or it's delay is too much, or it's not sensitive enough, or it's too sensitive, or the spacebar is too bouncy, theres so many factors lol...

The keyboard I have now, I have to use left control, which is tiny, and sometimes I miss it, if I warm now I must use 2 spacebars, left control and space, which sucks because my spacebar is actually the Caps Lock key(I can't 2 hand tap with the spacebar because it just, doesn't happen lol... ), and Caps Lock is Alt Gr and Alt Gr is nothing, I took out the windows key because I kept htiting it while tapping the left control lol, the keybaord as standard really really sucks, I can't 2 hand tap with just 1 button because it doesn't "bounce back out" fast enough...

I am sure if I spent a few months practising with my old setup, 16 hours a day like before when I was off school in summer holidays, I could get pretty close, but it just isn't going to happen, there is no possibility of me ever having that kind of time available to play games ever again, I am really working hard with other things.

I can't state my opinion regarding how he was during 99-01.

Nah I said before, I peaked between 01-03, I only started roping very early in January 00 I was really good by the end of 00 but still not "1337", after playing alot with who was good at the time *cough* leadermagikarp WWF lol *cough* FaTaL and TheSheriFF, and alot of others who were starting out... Towards end of 00 and early 01 I started playing alot of warmers with fellow members of BDD (Bringers of Death and Destruction) Those included DodgeFreak, Avatar, and holy shit I can't actually remember anyone else who was in BDD... As well as other very good Ropers/Warmers of that era, TheClash(SpinwinG) and Fabrousse, Nimmer, BigC, Link, MaxDamage, TheHamster, DevH, Juvenile, cOoL, Novicane, VolcoM, FlowingWater, Marco, M3ntal, VesuVio, Jmoberg, dogma, IeatWormz and other DWI members, and many many more, I feel horrible for not remembering other names man !!! f@#! my memory !!!! The year of 01 is where I actually developed my style, I can't remember if it was late 01, or early of 02, but that's when I was spending most of my time warming with "the big boys/girl(which was really a guy called franz)"

Well, from personal experience I can tell that you do lose a lot of skill when you stop playing for a long time, it's not about 1-2 months no worming, it's about not playing for years. I have lost much skill in BnG, like literally all skill in roper (can't drop/shoot for shit) and so on...

So, yeah, Cue is right there. You can perfectly regain your skill if you have the same passion, it's just a matter of if you want to do it again. (and to a lesser aspect also the keyboard when talking about roping)

Spot on !

What the worst is actually, when you start losing skill you will not get as excited when you get better again because you already had that skill at some point, and when you reach your old skill you will need to show even more passion to improve on top of that. So getting better now feels pointless because you already reached that some time ago.

I can name so many occasions where I felt "special" because I reached a new level of roping. Like that absolutely smooth scroll across the map, the sick kick streak, etc. you name it.

Lol, exactly, you just know the right things to say man :)

for the record, komo is still great in roping, and bng and tbh, hes pretty much a solid all around still to this date... too bad he doesnt play more, but his priorities are being the crazy scott on the forums, and switching clans and communites in hopes for attention, its too bad...

Thanks, but, stop trying to make conspiracies about me lol, I found a new scheme i've completely fallen in love with, and now I have something again to inspire me to play WA again and be active, Warmer died to I went onto BnG, BnG is dead imo so now I am moving onto Darts lol, but this time, I won't have as much time to play WA, big things happening at the moment chasing my music career, but Darts has great potential, even CF players enjoyed it, in fact, codex like, 2nd best i've seen at this scheme so far, the Final with SiD vs codex was epic, was 3-2 and they both played great ! Some high scores ! So yeah, I am making a league for this scheme and I will support it best I can and hopefully something good comes from it, I wanna be part of something with other people that enjoy this and wanna support it, is that a crime? And as for leaving cfc and joining ps some time after, that's my business.

Would YOU personally consider Komodo a top 10 roper in your list?  Would you consider him top 10 in your list of warmers? Would you consider him in your top 25 of either?

Not being a dick or making this personal at all, I'm simply just being honest; he wouldn't make mine..
so lets stop argueing over who was good, better, and best.... we all have one thing in common, we love/loved this game.... so lets just all agree komo was best and move on ;D this thread is getting boring lol..

I never claimed to be the best, all I said was I consider myself one of the best of all time, for me this would probably be a list of 50 Warmers of personal opinion of what I like to see and who I enjoyed playing with, as there could be a bigger list, based on purely skill, but some players just had that "magic" about them that made them stand out, I stood out with my style, I influenced and taught people, I played with noobs for hours on end to help them practise, those people will remember me and they won't remember someone who was some asshole elitist homeboy who kicked noobs all the time...

Who do you think they will vote for?

Offline Devilage

« Reply #155 on: August 07, 2012, 08:46 AM »
omfg! some1 likes to write xD

Smoking proud.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #156 on: August 07, 2012, 08:51 AM »
omfg! some1 likes to write xD

Nah, but I love to type ;D

This is an important thing for me, i'll go all out if I have to :)

Offline Free

« Reply #157 on: August 07, 2012, 09:53 AM »
Ok lets be blunt here....

Franz, Anubis, ropa, avirex, Chick23... trying to think of anyone else on this forum that has been around....

Would YOU personally consider Komodo a top 10 roper in your list?  Would you consider him top 10 in your list of warmers? Would you consider him in your top 25 of either?

Not being a dick or making this personal at all, I'm simply just being honest; he wouldn't make mine..

I've been around since W:A came out but I didn't get to hang with the big boys that often so my opinion is not totally flawless.

Like franz said, it's really subjective to compare warmers as they had different styles but I was really impressed with Komo's warming back in the day. Top10, maybe, depends, Top20 definately.

Oh and Komo, atleast me and KRD were in BDD too, maybe MoosE also.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #158 on: August 07, 2012, 10:18 AM »
Free, you were great to play warmers with at, you had skill man, but I will moreso remember you as Freeman2 :)

And omg, yeah that's right, I forgot to think of your other name Freeman2, yah, makes sense now ! And yah, MoosE !

Seriously gutted I can't remember the full member list, that was my 1st successful clan, we done pretty good, even against top clans like HoS and TEA, I can't recall winning anything, but I think we were top 5 or something in WACL was it?

Offline avirex

« Reply #159 on: August 08, 2012, 01:44 AM »
komo, please tell us more.

Offline Devilage

« Reply #160 on: August 08, 2012, 05:59 AM »

Smoking proud.

Offline CJ

« Reply #161 on: August 08, 2012, 11:49 PM »
Well ask HippY then, I am sure he's the guy who when he changed names, I didn't know it was him, and we ended up arguin cuz I said something that pissed him off, then eventually it cooled off and we played together a bit.

quoted for reference
Tell him TheKomodo or KsP (KomoduS) not Komito.
OMG OMG hippy = shady OMG OMG. This thread going nowhere

LOL.... i prefer browsing these forums once in a while, always find a needle in a haystack like this, somebodys been caught bullshitting, exaggerating and being down right stupid, and for that i salute you.

Mayb now my kitchen lie from AL may be forgotten, cus this fool clearly bullshits more than when i was a kid back then, and aren't you an adult Komo?
My hometown rugby team Warrington Wolves won the 2009 Carnegie Challenge Cup At Wembley and successfully defended the trophy by beating Leeds Rhinos 30-6 at Wembley on 28/08/10 and got the trophy back beating Leeds Rhinos 35-18 on 25/08/12... 3rd time in 4 years

« Reply #162 on: August 09, 2012, 02:28 AM »
LMAO, funny thread, avriex's post made me LOL + others
worm and learn

Offline avirex

« Reply #163 on: August 09, 2012, 04:24 AM »
huahauhauh thnx nail :D +1 to you

« Reply #164 on: August 09, 2012, 06:37 AM »
wait... komo is bullshitting??

<-- my brain when I clan with avi