Forums
April 28, 2024, 03:06 PM

Author Topic: bodybuilding forum  (Read 29236 times)

Offline Desetroyah

Re: bodybuilding forum
« Reply #225 on: August 10, 2012, 03:27 PM »
The thing is since you yourself get bigger slowly you won't notice. Also bodybuilders reach a point where themselves enjoy their big muscles while they look ridiculously big to people around them. To me that is a perfect shape. I wouldn't change it :)

I'm aware of your point, but still, I think I'll find my personal ideal weight.

I know what you mean!

Love me some saganaki, souvlaki, hummus, tahini, pastichio, mmmmm list goes on.

I have a few greek restaurants in my area that I go to all the time.

My weakness is indian food... loveeee me some indian.

haha, this could turn into a what-are-ppl-trying-to-build-their-bodies-not-suppose-to-eat-but-freakin-love so easily :P

On topic: next week I got a week off gym since I completed a cycle of working on building strength, so my body weight will change, I'm curious to see how!

I'll post another update next week on the last day of the week off to see my start off point of the real training that's to follow!

Waiting for other ppl's updates and q's as well!

« Reply #226 on: August 10, 2012, 04:30 PM »
Yeah, very impressive work Deset.

I really haven't progressed as much that I can give update pictures yet.  I will in a month or two but now I seen those pics I think I need to work a bit harder.

What ab work do you do?

Offline cOke

« Reply #227 on: August 10, 2012, 09:45 PM »
yea i have a question, what does your cycle look like? stacking/amounts etc
HNN4EVA

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #228 on: August 11, 2012, 03:30 AM »
What ab work do you do?

I only work on my abs 2 times a week, the most common mistake ppl make is to overwork their abs. I simply dont.

4 exercises, 4 sets each, sometimes I super-set them in pairs, I make sure to make them difficult enough so that I cannot physically manage much more than 20 reps. after that I do midsection turns for 5mins to shred the obliques (you dont want large obliques, you'll look too wide, bad for proportions).

I can tell you the exercises if you want as well.

yea i have a question, what does your cycle look like? stacking/amounts etc

I started on 1rst of June weighing at ~72kg of pure fat (2years off any exercise while eating trash :P) and reached the stage I am now in 2+1/2 months.

During that time I started from cyclic training (multiple bodyparts per training session few times a week), to individual bodypart training per day, 5times a week (chest+back, shoulders+abs, arms, legs, abs) and I literally worked week by week on increasing set numbers, increasing rest between sets, increasing weights and progressively decreasing exercises per bodypart so that I reached a single exercise per bodypart, for 7sets, at 90-95% of my 1rep max weight for 3-5reps, and 4+mins rest/set.

The goal was to build my strength mostly. now I have a week off gym completely starting on Monday so that the muscles can grow through rest, and I can finally get into my proper proper, hardcore gym sessions! During the next 4months I'll be working on different exercises per bodypart, changing them every week, switching them around etc so that I keep my body guessing and force the muscles to get denser, if that makes sense.

EDIT Food-wise, things are slightly more complicated, I have a basic protein-grams-per-kg-of-lean-body-mass (weight of body without the percentage of fat. This was done approximately since I didnt actually measure my bodyfat but got it pretty spot on by experience!) and from there on I make sure most of my calories come from protein and fat (yah, fat), rather than carbs. I was off carbs almost completely for 1+1/2months and only then I started to slowly add extremely low amounts of it which I still maintain more-or-less unchanged.

Ofc, there are a few more "secrets" which I guarantee no one who's not heavily into bodybuilding or has friends into the sport would otherwise know and are stupidly important for such quick and decent results such as the ones I had so far but that's another chapter heh.

PS: Ab vascularity rocks :D bonus pic
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 09:12 AM by Desetroyah »

Offline cOke

« Reply #229 on: August 11, 2012, 11:35 AM »
ye when i said "cycle" i meant what "secrets" you are taking, cos i know it aint the phd preworkout formula :D
HNN4EVA

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #230 on: August 11, 2012, 11:39 AM »
ye when i said "cycle" i meant what "secrets" you are taking, cos i know it aint the phd preworkout formula :D

Ok, let me make something clear:

I have achieved what I have, using information about how my body reacts to different food and exercise after being a professional swimmer and athlete for 14years, and ofc, f@#!ing hard work and discipline.

I will not participate in any conversation that belittles my hard work by insinuating I take "shortcuts" or f@#!ed up substances of any kind.

Thank you.

PS: obviously I get some comments like this at my local health club by equally ignorant ppl (even by some friends) and I deeply resent them.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 11:41 AM by Desetroyah »

Offline cOke

« Reply #231 on: August 11, 2012, 03:06 PM »
i don't know who you are trying to kid or why you don't want to admit it (does fbi monitor your internet there), but looking at your progress since the last picture, in such a small amount of time, not to mention the massive increase in vasularity that wasn't remotely visible last time...

ye sure you didnt.. so 14 years training and suddenly in the past 2 months you have figured it out and acquired "that look"?
HNN4EVA

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #232 on: August 12, 2012, 03:54 AM »
i don't know who you are trying to kid or why you don't want to admit it (does fbi monitor your internet there), but looking at your progress since the last picture, in such a small amount of time, not to mention the massive increase in vasularity that wasn't remotely visible last time...

ye sure you didnt.. so 14 years training and suddenly in the past 2 months you have figured it out and acquired "that look"?

In no particular order:

1) Do you think the diet for having optimum performance (back when I was swimming) is the same for having optimum looks (doing n atural bodybuilding now) so you compare them?

2) Do you think I had all that knowledge all along or is it possible I acquired it, and in fact still do to this day?

3) Do you think its possible my last progress pics, which were from 3months ago, are simply in the beginning phase (I was out of gym for a year because of an injury) and that now I just reached my peak? Is there such a thing as improving progressively?!

4) Is it possible you know that after the age of 23/24 in men, the body completes its development and that muscles look and are more mature (ie the look better) so this would add to the effect (turned 24 on March)?

5) Please describe your credential/experience in the field of natural bodybuilding that allows you to "not be fooled" by a kid like me with only so many years in the field of sports and nutrition! I bet it'll be like "I have gone to the gym many times and I've heard many things even more times, enough to make me prejudiced and/or opinionated about things I have little/no understanding about!"

*GASPS*

omg...I just woke up from a nightmare! I saw that I was in a parallel universe in which I had to explain to a total nobody why I look far better than his knowledge allow him to understand but he's at the same time small-minded and self-righteous enough to think he's right and he has to call me out on something he has no idea about!

Scary stuff I tell ya!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 04:02 AM by Desetroyah »

Offline cOke

« Reply #233 on: August 12, 2012, 09:50 PM »
ok so being 24 makes me even more suspicious and claiming its all in 3 months. tren? if you were 30 and had been training for 10 years hard core then maybe i could accept it. anyway i'm not trying to knock the hard work an dedication u put into it but please pull the other one mate (it means pull the other leg, i.e. stop joking).

Ofc, there are a few more "secrets" which I guarantee no one who's not heavily into bodybuilding or has friends into the sport would otherwise know and are stupidly important for such quick and decent results such as the ones I had so far but that's another chapter heh.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 09:55 PM by madog »
HNN4EVA

Offline nino

« Reply #234 on: August 13, 2012, 02:48 AM »
ae some pics.

sorry for the quality but taking pics alone sucks lol.

You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline avirex

« Reply #235 on: August 13, 2012, 02:56 AM »
your arms have gotten much bigger, gj ae king

Offline Guaton

« Reply #236 on: August 13, 2012, 03:19 AM »
n ass xDDD

nice strong arms nino

Offline nino

« Reply #237 on: August 13, 2012, 03:24 AM »
haha thanks guys.

and about big ass.. hmmm ya thats what happens when u squat a lot to get strong legs.. your ass grows too, girls are loving my big ass tbh xDDDD
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #238 on: August 13, 2012, 03:54 AM »
ok so being 24 makes me even more suspicious and claiming its all in 3 months. tren? if you were 30 and had been training for 10 years hard core then maybe i could accept it. anyway i'm not trying to knock the hard work an dedication u put into it but please pull the other one mate (it means pull the other leg, i.e. stop joking).

You continue making a fool of yourself dude. You have obviously never got into serious bodybuilding, hence the inability to possibly assess my work, I cannot argue/converse with someone who's clearly not in any position to actually discuss, process and know any of the things I'm doing, "sorry".

The "secrets" I was talking about are actually "info nuggets", or "golden nuggets" of freakin knowledge dude, advanced things that ppl who arent in the trade (ie ppl who simply go to the gym, even for years without actually achieving anything - feel free to add yourself in that category), cant possibly know, so there you have it.

You can go on believing others take drugs simply because you lack the facility of openess to understanding and not judging straight away with false information acquired god-knows-where, and being damned to never see any real progress in the gym/on your body - all that assuming you even exercise, or have ever been involved with any high-level natural bodybuilder at all.

PS: Gj nino but I cannot see any details with these pics :/
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 10:10 AM by Desetroyah »

Offline cOke

« Reply #239 on: August 13, 2012, 11:28 AM »
ok dest.. maybe you could enlighten us as to some of these natural secrets
HNN4EVA