Forums
April 28, 2024, 07:34 PM

Poll

Will you be taking the vaccine against covid-19?

Yes
No
I will wait and see....

Author Topic: Covid-19 Vaccine  (Read 8875 times)

Online TheWalrus

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2020, 04:05 AM »
Vincent you are making the classic mistake of your reach exceeding your grasp

The currency of the internet is proof, and the burden of proof is firmly upon the person who makes the outlandish claims, not the other way around

Offline Bloopy

« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2020, 06:34 AM »
There's numerous scientists around the world who have analyzed the virus and shown clear evidence of insertions, deletions, and manipulation of the DNA. According to them there's no way it is naturally-occurring. I don't exactly have links bookmarked for ease of sharing but it's out there if you care to look.

When I cared to look, I found this link, which says:
"Two features of the virus, the mutations in the RBD portion of the spike protein and its distinct backbone, rules out laboratory manipulation as a potential origin for SARS-CoV-2."

Note the reported 96% similarity of the RaTG13 coronavirus that infects bats in the above link may be way too high:
https://www.news-medical.net/news/20200910/Scientists-claim-serious-data-discrepancies-in-RaTG13-sequence.aspx

Regardless, as the first link says, a 4% difference would've represented 20-50 years of separate evolution anyway. Not insertions and deletions (they would be noticed). Science just isn't that advanced yet. Nature is a million times more efficient. With all the virus mutations happening out there in the real world among sick animals and sick people, it's like Earth is a quantum supercomputer trying all possibilities while the scientists are still running DOS 3.3.
x_+

Offline skunk3

« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2020, 12:24 PM »
How is my claim "outlandish" when we had all kinds of evidence towards the beginning of this epidemic of prominent scientists/virologists stating that it is fact manmade? Instead, we are to trust who, exactly? (Maybe those original scientists recanted their statements?) The fact of the matter is that I could not possibly know for myself the truth of the situation, either way. I know that if I were to take the time to actually do some Google searching (which I won't, by the way, because I am not invested in the topic and don't give a shit about 'winning.') I am certain that I can find evidence both for and against the notion that it is man-made. It's entirely possible it is 100% naturally-occurring. I haven't followed this matter in months, to be honest, not since the Dr. Li story first broke.

As far as I am concerned, China is at the very least responsible for allowing their society to be ripe for the conditions for these new viruses to spread. This isn't the first time some f@#!ed-up illness spread from there, if it did. China sucks in general in so many ways and I say f@#! them.

The primary reason why I believe the pandemic was planned is because it was predicted and simulated on video a full year before it was identified anywhere (feel free to look up Event 201 on YouTube... it's all there), and many of the shitbag 'usual players' were a part of the simulation. It was also widespread in the U.S. well before it was even reported in the news at all, and by the time it hit the news it was already nationwide. Combine that with population plans, Agenda 21, Event 201, WSB, China's tightening grip on the world, and myriad other factors and it wouldn't be surprising at all (to me, at least) to know that it was deliberate. Conspiracy theories seem silly to people who don't know much about them, and I admit there's a lot of complete bullshit involved in many of them. However, the more you study and the more you learn the more you can begin to connect the dots, and see the patterns. Unfortunately, conspiracy theories are just one of those things that people have to invest a very significant amount of time into and most people refuse to from the start because of the cognitive dissonance and stigma, so they just laugh and dismiss that sort of stuff almost as reflex. I used to be absolutely obsessed with conspiracies a long time ago but these days but I gave up keeping up on them nearly as much because it's SO much work and just makes you feel paranoid as f@#! and angry all of the time.

Anyhow, at this point all I really care about is eradicating it as much as possible and getting life back to normal ASAP to minimize the economic fallout.

Oh, and the word on the conspiracy grapevine is that Covid21 is gonna be a real thing and so much worse than Covid19 and that it will bring about massive social changes. Hopefully that's a load of bullshit too but basically it's more endgame, globalist speculation.

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2020, 12:52 PM »
It's so incredible that people think can "have their own opinion" when there's an argument regarding a complex scientific topic like vaccines, but today papa Sbaffo will explain you how it really works:

1 - You work your stupid ass for a couple years to get a degree
2 - If you were remarkably good, you get to master your studies
3 - Meanwhile you can start doing research with the knowledge that you have learnt
4 - You publish your research
5 - the scientific community will review your research and if it's good it will be accepted and later published

Therefore anyone here who has no competence at all, doesn't read scientific papers published on proper sourcers or have made their own opinion based on some foolish idea they made up or just because you read a few articles through the internet, you can go f@#! your-self. You have no idea how science works, and yet you pretend to know what's going on here. Get vaccinated and shut the f@#! up

Offline Kradie

« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2020, 03:20 PM »
It's so incredible that people think can "have their own opinion" when there's an argument regarding a complex scientific topic like vaccines, but today papa Sbaffo will explain you how it really works:

1 - You work your stupid ass for a couple years to get a degree
2 - If you were remarkably good, you get to master your studies
3 - Meanwhile you can start doing research with the knowledge that you have learnt
4 - You publish your research
5 - the scientific community will review your research and if it's good it will be accepted and later published

Therefore anyone here who has no competence at all, doesn't read scientific papers published on proper sourcers or have made their own opinion based on some foolish idea they made up or just because you read a few articles through the internet, you can go f@#! your-self. You have no idea how science works, and yet you pretend to know what's going on here. Get vaccinated and shut the f@#! up
My sweet little naive kid, who comes off as superior & pretentious to the rest without adding anything of substance. Pathetic!
 Just leave, your indoctrinated mind by the left has brainwashed you and countless of other little kids. Go and be afraid by the rising sea level, and take your mark like a nice little cattle.  :D
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2020, 03:33 PM »
Whatever you say mr. "I dId My OwN rEsEaRcH"

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2020, 06:23 PM »
Chicken23 wants to centralize everything into one place, it's nice that Chicken23 wants to improve activity.

It will never happen with people like Kradie and skunk3 around, ignorantly provoking people with political debates like this, and generally being toxic.

To be honest i'm getting fed up with it myself, it's not just those 2 guys, I see an uncomfortable amount of people on WormNET being toxic as well, from racism, using homophobic slurs, being incredibly sexist.

Someone sent me some screenshots a few months back of a game with RichUK, Stoner, Melon, Maorius:

They told me they felt really bad after this game, in fact afaik that person doesn't even play anymore because of people like them, and they aren't the 1st person i've known in this situation. I often get people sharing such things because they know I care.

I've had countless people talk to me about Kradie, and how much of a toxic influence he is on this community.

The sad thing is, these kinds of conversations are common on this game, 2 of those people outright admit being racist, at least one of them stood against racism.

It actually makes me feel kinda bad, this game is a massive part of my life, i've put more time into this game than pretty much anything else in my life, at least up until around 2016, and there are so many toxic, homophobic, sexist and downright toxic people in this community that really make us look bad as a whole.

I genuinely believe this is the reason why this game has failed to bring in higher numbers of players, why the community is so divided, because although there are more people who generally behave well, are always friendly, the bad people are simply tolerated and there isn't enough being done to discourage toxic people from playing, however I am glad that bans are now being handed out for people using racist and homophobic slurs, it's not much but it's a start.

Political conversations should simply not be allowed on forums, if people wanna chat, they can do so in private or on public forums dedicated to such conversations.

We should really stop giving these people the chance to provoke people and spread their toxicity.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2020, 06:52 PM »
Look who's talking who is raining waste from far above. Only wants to police everyone, force everyone to their low level. I know plenty of people who literally hates or just downright dislike Tus and its people. Why? Because they find a lot of them toxic & arrogant. People like Komodo who consistently preach about solidarity and but doesn't even commit to it and just label everyone to something negative when they don't agree with him.  It is just pure hypocrisy to the ugliest level. When a SJW just puts everyone in a box and label it as toxic waste.

If the N word is to be banned, I would like to more words to be removed F, B, W, & C word. You don't make a better world by restricting 1 word.

If this forum would deny the right to discuss politics, religion, climate, good and bad of their country, and so on, Then all general things need to be denied, because people will always cry like Komodo when someone doesn't agree to their opinion.  That's life, people are different, just avoid the people you do not like, the end.

Who the hell do you think you are though? You're not the only person around here put their heart & soul to this game. I've owned and played this game since late 90s, and there should be no reasons to discourage other people you don't see eye to eye with. It's just damn extreme. This thought process is dangerous.  I know there are people who straight up dislike me, some of it I can actually understand, but I do know kind and honest people here who aren't as fiendish as you. My goal has always been to try get people together, people like you who breaks it up.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 07:13 PM by Kradie »

Offline Squirminator2k

« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2020, 07:28 PM »
Kradie just wants to bring people together! Except for queer folk, the Jewish, black people, people of color generally, women, genderfluid or otherwise gender-questioning folk, and anybody who doesn't look and/or think exactly as he does. What's so wrong with that?

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2020, 08:00 PM »
Kradie just wants to bring people together! Except for queer folk, the Jewish, black people, people of color generally, women, genderfluid or otherwise gender-questioning folk, and anybody who doesn't look and/or think exactly as he does. What's so wrong with that?

Not only that, but he keeps stealing other people's ideas and slapping a brand new label on them, he outright lies and contradicts himself very often, which is easy to prove if you copy his words and compare them to his actions, he was once caught doing this on Discord, deleted his latter comment only to have someone paste it back in because they have that version of Discord where everything is kept.

He also accuses people of acting the way he actually acts, without any evidence whatsoever, but most of the things I see people say about him, there is actually evidence of, and when you actually show him evidence he starts saying things like, "How do you expect me to act when everybody is attacking me?".  He fails to realize that people are not attacking him most of the time, but rather acting defensively because he is more often than not the one who starts arguements by spreading misinformation and making ridiculous claims about serious issues the world is tackling.

He will constantly say things he cannot back up, makes wild accusations and claims without any shred of evidence whatsoever, his entire shtick is mostly made up of posting ridiculous YouTube videos and memes as if they are a reliable source of information and/or education.

A lot of people have suffered, or know someone who has suffered from the issues that Kradie spreads misinformation about, which is why they act so defensively and get so riled up against him. Now, this is definitely me speculating but I feel like Kradie is aware of this and it's actually something that makes him feel good, some sick sense of pleasure he must get from acting like this.

I am just glad to not live in the same vicinity as him, unfortunately though having to suffer his existence in this game, but grateful my luck in life didn't cause my birth in his vicinity and have to suffer him face to face.

« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2020, 10:16 PM »
I'm gonna take the vaccine when it's available to me.
I see what covid can do to people every day at work, even if it's a minority of people.

If you're at risk, you take the vaccine to protect yourself.
If you're not at risk, you take it to protect your family who's at risk and friends who are at risk (or their family).
The vaccine has an extremely low risk involved, less than crossing a busy street. Vaccines only work for the population if a high percentage of people take it.

If you're not willing to take an extremely low risk for the benefit of friends and family, you're not a good friend.

It saddens me when people say 'it's just the flu' and my reply is 'you mean the flu that raged across the world in 1918-1920 and killed millions?'.
The ICU in my hospital is half full of people who have a disease that, and I can't stress this enough, did not even exist a little more than one year ago. 100 years of science later, where we put people on the moon, eradicated some diseases entirely, and made it possible for people to talk to others across the world with a tiny device in the palm of their hands.
And yet, here we are, doubting everything science says despite its success story. People are just as dumb as in 1918.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 11:51 PM by DarkOne »

Offline nino

« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2020, 12:29 AM »
Aeee D1 thats why u r my hero!!!

You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2020, 01:22 AM »
A 99.7 % survival rate is not a pandemic.

So far in Norway 421 people have died of Covid, & an average die of the flu is 900 people per year here.
271 of 421 were over 80 and died of covid-19.

A chief physician in Norway said this in an interview (translated)

- I was quite worried when I first heard about the virus, but as numbers and research on mortality came, this fear has disappeared. The figures we have indicate that this disease is not much more dangerous than the flu. In my opinion, there is therefore no connection between the closed measures and the mortality rate for this disease, Næss told TV 2.

But yeah this is from my country. Still, please quiver in fear, the virus is watching you. Be an obedient cattle as you are ^^

;D

Offline skunk3

« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2020, 01:40 AM »
This sub-forum is literally called "off topic" so why would sociopolitical issues not be allowed here? That's idiotic.

Look at my post count. Am I really going out of my way to provoke or troll people on a regular basis? No. Komo, you're just demonizing people who don't agree with you. In case you or anyone else has forgotten, you are by far the biggest laughingstock on TUS. Look at your post count and think about all of the dumb shit you have said over the years and all of the dumb arguments you have gotten into and owned in. You're always looking to throw anyone you can under the bus and to point fingers. I've definitely said some provocative things on this site, mostly just to stir up some sort of activity because this community is on life support and most of the coolest players are long gone. I know how easy it is to provoke many of you, and that's why I do it - cheap laughs.

It's weird how I cannot remember anyone at all complaining about sexism or racism until just a few years ago when all of this social justice warrior nonsense started taking off. In fact, a great many people participated in it because years ago people understood that this is the internet and people are just acting silly. People knew not to get butthurt about each and every thing and act like some sort of moral exemplar because that shit is unwanted by anyone. As far as toxicity goes, that's entirely subjective and I reserve judgment in all cases.

I think it's weird that people act like these sorts of issues are unique to WA, or new. NOTHING HAS CHANGED and virtually all gaming communities have similar issues. If anyone actually thinks that the small amount of racist/sexist/whatever discussion in WA is the reason why this game is low in activity, they're laughably naive. The reason why activity is low is quite simple - it's nearly 2021 and this game came out in 1999. It's also a very particular sort of genre which isn't massively popular to begin with. The current popularity / activity of WA has absolutely f@#! ALL to do with player behavior UNLESS we are talking about impatient people who are unwilling to explain game rules to noobs and just kick them. THAT actually does put a lot of people off... not conversations about race or fat chicks or trannies or whatever.

Basically, what Komo is suggesting is that we ban any and all talk of subjects that triggers him, and ban / censor anyone he doesn't agree with. Just read his words. That's exactly what he wants. Well, the world isn't a safe space, snowflake. People disagree and we don't have to see eye-to-eye. Censorship is not the answer to any of these issues. Civil discourse is. No finger-pointing, no vitriol, no self-righteous and sanctimonious tirades. (I'm looking at you, Komo.)

Anyway, back on topic -

I personally will not be taking the vaccine until further testing has been done because I've already seen numerous reports of people being stricken with Bell's palsy after being vaccinated, becoming horribly sick, weak, fainting, etc. Nobody can say it is "low risk" yet because the research just isn't there. I am not a science denier by any means. All I am saying is that it is foolish to put ANYTHING in one's body unless you are damn sure what it will / can do to you. If you want to be at the front of the line to get vaccinated, by all means... be my guest. I'll wait until I am absolutely certain it's harmless.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 01:56 AM by skunk3 »

Offline Squirminator2k

« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2020, 01:52 AM »
A friend of mine caught COVID earlier this year. She spent months quarantined in her room, bedridden. She did not have the strength to stand, she would sleep for hours on end, sometimes days at a time. After about five or six months, she was finally declared COVID-free. But it hasn't stopped there. She's had issues with circulation, with her lungs, with her heart. SHe's dealing with chronic fatigue, symptoms that are not dissimilar to fibromyalgia. She went to work for a couple of weeks, but had to stop because she could not stand on her own feet anymore.

COVID-19 isn't just about the survival rate. It's not "just a cold" - the effects linger in ways we still don't fully understand.

Anyone who reduces the disease to a survival rate percentage - especially with the number of deaths, which is being woefully under-reported - is misinformed at best. At worst, they're being intellectually dishonest. If it's the former, the good news is that organizations like WHO and the CDC can correct your misinformation.

If it's the latter, though? f@#! you. I hope you catch the worst possible form of this damned thing so you can experience for yourself just how unlike the flu it is.