Forums
May 17, 2024, 12:50 PM

Author Topic: Darkone or someone else maybe.  (Read 8753 times)

Re: Darkone or someone else maybe.
« Reply #90 on: December 27, 2010, 08:58 PM »
mmmmmmmmm yummy.
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2010, 07:57 AM »
I totally agree with Shy, he's said some stuff similar to stuff I have said, but franz, you can clearly see that it isn't just 1 or 2 people talking about crate rape, it's a pretty big amount of people who realise that crates can change the outcome of the game sometimes, you are one of the very very few people who says the thngs you have said, I really respect the way you stand by your opinion, that is impressive.

But I actually find it funny how you can sit there and tell us "just play better" don't you think that's what we've been trying to do? For how many years now lol? We ARE trying lol.

It's like when you hear in the movies in a car chase "GO FASTER GO FASTER !!!" "I CAN'T FFS THE CAR WON'T GO FASTER!!!", there is a limit to how fast we can rope, and if you expect people do try pumps and pixel kicks to get the extra speed then that's just silly, not even the best Ropers on WNET of all time can get every single crate.

Like I have said before, if 2 players never miss, and on the last 2-3 turns 1 player gets an impossible crate, and by this I do mean impossible even if they roped flawlessly and as fast as humanly possible, and then this player loses in the next 2 turns because of this crate, are you telling me this is because the player didn't play good enough?

The situation I have just gave example of, I am fully aware that this would be an extremely rare occurance, I know this has happened before, I don't have proof, but i've seen it happen a few times, and I am fully certain it will happen again at some point.

We know the better player will usually win, but all we are saying that sometimes crates can be unfair, regardless of how well you play.

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2010, 08:11 AM »
I 1000% agree with franz. I'm not sure how you debate the obvious
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2010, 08:21 AM »
How is it obvious lol, if you both want to pretend the impossible is possible, and the possible is impossible, then go ahead lol.

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2010, 08:58 AM »
I'm saying 9/10. Who cares about the minute chance of something occuring. Are you scared to go outside because you might get struck by lightning?
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline Husk

« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2010, 08:59 AM »
write roper to game search and show an example where crates decided a game, can't u do that?

edit: what i mean is, that u don't loose a game because of crates, u loose it because u failed to hide well after a difficult cr8.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2010, 09:30 AM »
I fail to see the chances of lightning hitting someone is more than getting a bad crate in WA lol, oh wait, you got hit by lightning because you didn't hide well enough? Or jump out the way fast enough?

Husk, I will not spend hours upon hours finding a game where this has happened, when I already know for a fact, it has and many people agree with me lol.

And it's still a major disadvantage if both players haven't missed a single turn, and then at the end you miss because of a bad crate even IF you get to a good hide.

Offline Husk

« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2010, 09:43 AM »
this happens rarely, i can't recall if i ever seen a match like that. almost all matches the player pwning himself most either by hiding badly or missing shots finds himself losing.

« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2010, 09:53 AM »
Like I have said before, if 2 players never miss, and on the last 2-3 turns 1 player gets an impossible crate, and by this I do mean impossible even if they roped flawlessly and as fast as humanly possible, and then this player loses in the next 2 turns because of this crate

And in another game, at another time, the same shit will happen to the other player.  It's just the way it goes.  Good luck happens to both players, bad luck happens to both players.

We all like it when we've had a bad game and then the opponent gets f@#!ed by a crate or two to level it out but we hate it when we're playing well but the crates just aren't going in our favour.

I don't think it matters about specific games.  There will always be tragic bad luck games for a variety of reasons.  What's important is how the statistics play out over hundreds of games, thousands if you're a hardcorer.  

Everything balances out in the long run and there's no need to change anything! (imo)

:<
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 10:03 AM by Cueshark »

Offline Husk

« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2010, 10:22 AM »
b2t: i just love this in the fb awards:

Best Allrounder

1. Mablak
2. Anubis
3. Mil2
4. Dibz
5. Ramb0
6. Wiz
7. fr4nk
7. Wyvern
9. Twistah
10. Benzine
10. Erod
10. FlowingWater/Franz
10. Husk
10. Jakka
10. Reg
10. ropa

any1 heard of Random00 ? XDDD

Offline Husk

« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2010, 10:39 AM »
lmfao i love reading all that stuff from fb forums! i could spend days reading all the good stuff there =P

for example, i just love this from a topic of singles playoffs:

IBB is paired with Blizzard in singles playoffs, and Blizzard can't be arsed to play his games.

IBB: "Blizzard says: "Just take the win. Fb sucks."."
Kiros: "Was this before or after he played over 400 FB games?"

this shit should be in quote database XD if not, add it XDDDDDDD
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 10:44 AM by Husk »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #101 on: December 28, 2010, 10:52 AM »
Lol at that quote Husk.

I don't think Random was that active in FB?

I can't remember him being very active, but it's been in the last sort of 2 years or so that Random has really stuck out there in terms of people getting to know him, I think TuS has helped alot to increase his fame/popularity, I guess he's always been good like this, but TuS has a record number of players in WA (I think) and the younger generation see him now, by this I mean newer players, not kids lol, so more people see his skill, to be honest, and no disrespect but I had never even heard of Random00 until I started on TuS, and I am puzzled to why, I couldn't believe this guy was #1 by miles, and i'd never heard of him, and that's the name he's used for years and years lol.

And I actually thought, where the hell is Mablak on these standings, has this Random guy scared him off? Then I realised Mablak doesn't play TuS, well he does now, but TEL xD

« Reply #102 on: December 28, 2010, 11:20 AM »
this shit should be in quote database XD if not, add it XDDDDDDD

Go for it!
http://wqdb.org/?addquote

Offline Random00

« Reply #103 on: December 28, 2010, 11:43 AM »
any1 heard of Random00 ? XDDD

I did xd
Nah seriously, I just was worse in every single scheme then I am now. I think basically everyone in this list was a better overall player then me, heh :d

and btw: I totally agree with franz and johnny. :o

Offline avirex

« Reply #104 on: December 28, 2010, 11:50 AM »
i agree with franz and johnny too... if you play perfectly, u will more then likely win...

but why should 1 played have to roper farther, roper longer, and rope more consistantly then the other roper... the luck factor is much to large in roper games, and dominate.

why do u think the elite scheme got rid of cr8s? because it added un-needed luck....

but nah, lets not make any changes to roper scheme to get rid of the luck factor.. ITS CLASSIC!