Forums
May 15, 2024, 08:00 AM

Author Topic: Electric Cigarettes  (Read 6659 times)

Offline Dub-c

Re: Electric Cigarettes
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2011, 05:29 PM »
I should have made this post ages ago but didnt have the motivation. I speak to people almost on a daily basis about these things as I use one and people are curious as to what I am smoking.

I'll try and keep this short and to the point. Do you smoke? Do you want to quit smoking or at least transfer to a FAR, FAR, FAR healthier way of getting your nicotine? The e cig is a god send, it really is a miracle invention and if you are a smoker it will probably be one of the best decisions of your life, this is no overstatement.

What are e cigs? Electric cigarettes are an alternative way of getting your nicotine in a remarkably similar way to traditional cigs. The difference is that e cigs heat up various flavoured "juices" with nicotine in them. Nothing burns, so there is no smoke. This means there is no tar and no carcinogens. This means you do not endanger your health. There are a huge variety of flavours you can buy, from tobacco flavours to coffee, ice cream, chocolate and fruit flavours (im puffing on a beautiful vanilla as I type). The number of different flavours is in the thousands and is ever increasing, thus there is always something new to try and the experience never gets dull. The liquids can be bought in a variety of nicotine strengths to suit your needs, they go right down to 0mg.

But what is this "e cig" like to smoke? It is beautiful to smoke. You get the same raspy harshness and hit at the back of the throat as you do with regular cigarettes, in fact the nicotine hit is even more apparent with the e cig. Its also all that more satisfying exhaling a huge cloud of white "smoke" with the knowledge that it isnt smoke and it isnt full of things that are going to harm you and those around you. The sensation of using an e cig is better than that of a traditional cigarette. Health benefits aside, the e cig is far more enjoyable to smoke and the experience is so much smoother. Even if normal cigs were harmless, I would still choose the e cig as it is so much more pleasant to use.

This is a truly life enhancing product and as an ex smoker I can honestly describe the device as a miracle in literal terms. If you are a smoker and want to stop then this is what you need. Even if you dont want to stop smoking, making the transition from traditional cigarettes to electric ones will probably be the most important decision of your life. Remember it isnt only your own life you play with by smoking, you also put the lives of everyone who cares about you in jeopardy. This thing is BETTER than smoking, you get all the enjoyment of puffing out clouds of smoke and getting your nicotine hit WITHOUT all the bad stuff!

Pros

- Cheaper (Initial investment is substantial, from there on look forward to having a fatter wallet)
- Tastier
- More fun
- Fingers dont stink
- Breath doesnt stink (hey ladies)!
- Room doesnt stink
- Clothes dont stink
- Teeth are not stained
- Breathe better
- Taste Better
- Become stronger
- Fitness level rises
- More energy
- Better skin
- Tar leaves the lungs
- Feel better
- No risk of giving yourself cancer
- No risk of giving those around you cancer
- You dont wake up in the morning with a bucket load of phlegm to cough out in the shower
- Can be used anywhere
- Good talking point

Cons

- The initial investment is quite expensive (although 50 quid for a life saving device doesnt seem that unreasonable to be honest)
- Changing batteries (every morning I replace it with one that has been on charge, you get 2 with the starter kit)
- Gets boring explaining to people what you are smoking
- Honestly cannot think of any more cons

I should talk about my personal experience with the e cig now.

A few months ago DubC told me that he had quit smoking by using them. After a LOT of research I bought one. I havent smoked a normal cig since the day I bought it and I dont want to either! How great is that? HOW FKN GREAT IS THAT?!! Btw thanks again Dub, it is no overstatement to say that you could have very well saved my life!

The best one on the market right now is the Joye Ego. The starter kit costs around £40. Go for this one, no point in buying a cheap one as they are prone to breaking and are not as efficient as this one.

I should say that nobody can conclusively say that these things are 100% safe as the device is relatively new and no long term studies have been carried out (they are in process now). However nothing bad has been found and what we can conclusively say is that these things are a FAR healthier (and more enjoyable) alternative way of getting your nicotine. Nicotine alone is a stimulant, relatively harmless. Its not the nicotine that f***s you up, its all the crap in the smoke and tar that gives you cancer. There is no tar in e cigs because there is no smoke, only vapour, delicious vapour!

I cant really say any more without waffling, I will say this though. If you are a smoker and have read this thread, then you would be MAD to not look into these things. Buy one, if it doesnt work for you I will personally refund you! I can say that because I KNOW that it WILL work for you and you wont look back. It will be one of the best decisions of your life!

Links

- www.vaportalk.com   Check these forums out. There is a ton of information on there from people far more clued up than myself.

- www.libertyflights.co.uk  This is where I bought my Joye Ego. Its the real deal and it came the very next day. Ive ordered many times from this company to stock up on supplies and almost every order has come the next day. There is also a .com version of this site for people in the USA. There are many other suppliers around the world, check out the vapor talk forums for recommended suppliers.

Right so now its all on you! If you have any questions then ask away and ill do my best to answer! I cannot stress how important this decision will be. I am not talking to you as a wormer right now. Forget this is a post on a worms forum, forget about NAiL, I am talking to you as a person. This will be the the best purchase of your life, do some research for yourself and buy one now! You won't regret it, that I can PROMISE you.

You're welcome. Glad I helped you out.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2011, 05:32 PM »
I'm still undecided - got a shit one made of cheap chinese plastic and it didnt do anything for me, but seeing the benefits i'm gonna try again with a decent one.

Hopefully you have saved my life NAiL :P

edit: I'm reading on that liberty site some thing about having spare atomisers to hand - what is that about? How long does one last because they're another tenner each. I dunno if they're saying get spares just to get you to buy em or if they burn out regularly or what?

There is a night and day difference between a shitty e-cig and a good one. Get the joy ego! Get a spare lr (low res) atomizer.

Vaportalk.com

Just read and learn man.

Offline cOke

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2011, 09:06 PM »
Yea mate looks good - I've been reading some things on vaportalk tho, is there any reason you chose the Joye Ego over the Riva 510? As far as I can tell they are basically the same device but the Riva is 30% cheaper and actually has better battery life.

NAiL you said you did a lot of research is there a reason you chose the ego over the riva?

Also the Riva comes with blank carts. I could honestly do with this now I am f@#!ed walking up stairs or walking anywhere from shit lungs.
HNN4EVA

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2011, 05:49 AM »
aye madogg

Its quite confusing because I think there are only one or two companies that sell these things but they are branded under different names. The Joy ego is considered to be slightly better quality than the Riva 510. The battery is more rubbery and feels more tactile. Its worth the few extra pounds seeing as this should hopefully be a long term investment! There are also modifications you can buy for the ego like a tank system and a bigger battery.

You are out of place Nail, it's good and everything you are showing this to people to try and help them, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion and choose what they would prefer, and when you are saying "that you would enjoy more" just isn't true, I recently quit smoking, it was easy for me, luckily, for others it's not so easy, I had a shot of M3ntals e-cig thing, and while it does have a sort of nice taste, it doesn't have that "hit" that real cigarettes give.

Without a doubt your option is "healthier", but then again, "healthier" doesn't always mean more enjoyable, please remember some people don't care if they die from smoking, if someone choses to say "e-cigs" suck and they prefer real cigs, don't try and act better than them, if he wants to say that, fair enough, he didn't insult you or direct his comment towards you, he was just stating his opinion and you openly mock him for it, sorry, but that's pretty arrogant.

-1 for you for disrespecting others opinions.

I dont have a problem with people having an opinion. The thing is, "e cigs sux, real cigs rule" doesnt add anything to this conversation. Throsti didnt explain why he felt the way he did and when you can see ive put some time and thought into the first post, with information that could potentially be life enhancing, its just rude to write a dumb statement like that. Its also isnt true, a device that has enabled thousands of people to stop inhaling smoke obviously doesnt suck...

It is true that for some people this simply wont work. There is no way for an e cig to truly replicate the sensation of burning tobacco (yet), or the ritual of rolling your own cigarette. Even though you can read many times about people who used to be cigarette connoisseurs. People who loved every aspect of smoking although had given up completely because they find the concept of vaping to be even more enjoyable than traditional smoking. They find the broad range of flavours and the ability to mix your own liquids appealing, no doubt they also appreciate the fact that in this hobby there is far less chance of dying or risking ruining loved ones lives. I understand that regardless of all that there will still be many people that prefer the sensation of traditional smoking so much that the e cig will not work for them. If that is the case I can understand.

However for the people that this device does and could work for, it really is a life changing invention. Im sure any e cig user will tell you the same because many thousands of people have not touched a real cigarette since buying one and that is undoubtedly a very good thing.
worm and learn

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2011, 05:59 AM »
Yeah Nail I understand but cmon lol, next time let's try asking for them to elaborate xD

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2011, 02:04 PM »
Gimme a e-joint please !  :P
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline cOke

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2011, 10:15 AM »
One last thing, where have you been getting your e-liquid from NAiL and anything you recommend?

I would like to try some of the liberty flights but they're more or less all out of stock and not replying to any emails. I don't think i'm particularly worried about having a cigarette/tobacco flavour maybe more cherry/cola/bubblegum something nice anyway heh.

I was hoping to get a few 5ml's to try em out, was thinking about getting the wicked eliquids tester pack but they aint got such a good range of flavours no more.

I picked up the shit vaporiser again I got from dealextreme.com (so much chinese tatt for next to nothing, its hilarious) and have been direct dripping, basically gone around a day without a proper cig so far but the menthol liquid is not that nice, think i'm gonna start the process of coughing up the nasty stuff soon too.

Definitely looking to get an ego or riva 510 in the future.

edit: ps, I found the discount code 'september10' for 15% off on liberty-flights - getting a riva 510 now
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 11:13 AM by madog »
HNN4EVA

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2011, 03:33 PM »
Get the ego!!

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2011, 04:02 PM »
yeh dog get the ego! Its widely considered the best on the market, worth the few extra pounds!

So far ive only bought liquids from Liberty Flights, ive tried quite a few though and would recommend these:

Fruits/Others (ive tried almost all of them)

- Lemon (citrusy and refreshing)
- Red Energy (just like red bull)
- Vanilla (lovely)
- Cappuccino (best coffee flavour)
- Green Tea (refreshing and authentic)
- Coconut (delicious bounty flavour)
- Chocolate Cream (best chocolate flavour)
- Kiwi (tangy)

Tobaccos (not tried as many as the fruits, but found these to be delicious)

- French Pipe (defo favourite tobacco flavour so far)
- Winston (nice)
- RY4 (pleasant)

I dont know how much you know about PG and VG liquids, but there is a very noticeable difference between them. VG liquids tend to produce a thicker vapour than PG liquids however the flavour is lessened. I would recommend you buy PG liquids first and then on your next order get a few VGs so you can see the difference. If you start to mix your own liquids (which is much cheaper) then you will learn about using a mix of PG and VG for the best of both worlds. I havent started mixing my own yet but I've found that on their own I prefer PG liquids. What you can do is buy a 5ml bottle of a flavour in PG and another in VG, then mix them together to get a fuller vape! Another thing is the nicotine content. The higher the nicotine content the more it overrides the flavour. I buy 8 and 14mg bottles, serves me just fine.

I spend around £20 on liquids every 2 to 3 weeks. Considering a pouch of tobacco would cost me £4 and I would buy 3 in a week you can see already that its cheaper. There is always a 15% code available for LF, make sure you use it every time! Keep an eye out for the 0mg bottles as you can try out a flavour for about a quid, bargain!

Glad to see you're already looking into this mate! Even if this thread converts only one person, thats mission accomplished. For those of you neglecting this information or not looking into it, do it now. Once you have this thing you'll wish you did it sooner!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 04:06 PM by NAiL »
worm and learn

Offline cOke

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2011, 05:01 PM »
I'm not just looking into it mate, i'm back on the chinese vape I got for a few quid, this is my 3rd day of not smoking, I honestly never believed i'd ever make it this far - used to think I was f@#!ed for life. I had given up on the e-cig because I wasnt getting nothin using carts but your post made me pick it up again and do some research so have been direct dripping and so far so good. Still thinking about smoking a proper cig a lot, I might eventually have one or two here and there but I havnt caved yet, usually just have a good few vapes on 18mg liquid and that tends to do the trick. I have noticed I have to vape for some time to completely kill the craving, longer than i'd smoke a cig at least but for the most part its been working an absolute charm.

Hopefully tomorrow my order from liberty flights arrives, I was like a kid on christmas thinking it might come this morning hah. I ended up going for the Riva 510 (dont hate lol), from what i've read i'm certain its still a very good product, some people prefer the Riva button to the Ego since the Ego can get stuck. I'll let ya know how it goes but I saved myself a tenner and got some e-liquids that sound nice, and a mix of VG and PG, cherry, cola, grape, spearmint and the mild 7's tobacco flavour. I was absolutely gutted the cherry cola was out of stock on LF that sounds right up my alley lol - no offence, but your selection is the exact opposite of what i'd consider - tea, coconut, chocolate f@#!ing rank lol.

So yea i'm gonna stop thinking about cigs now, this is makin me want a proper one pretty bad but im just gettin on with it and vaping like mad. As far as the past 3 days have gone I havent been constantly thinking about cigs like I have in the past when i've tried to give up, gives you a almost genuine smoking experience, throat hit, smoke rings the lot. I always thought a big part of smoking for me was the act of smoking, the smoke and the inhaling hot burning smoke (and looking cool as f@#!, i'll have to give that up too) as much as the nicotine and other stuff so for me so far this is delivering pretty well and i'm sure when my Riva arrives i'll be completely sold.

I'll let ya know on here how I get on with my Riva, hopefully go the distance this time. Picked up a LR atomiser and gonna be removing the wicks and maybe the bridge on one of the regular atomisers as this apparently improves performance when dripping.

Oh one last thing, used to have my morning cig and be straight on the shitter - mild inconvenience, they say it's a diuretic or whatever - even worse when coupled with a cup of tea. Had none of these issues with the e-cig ;D

HNN4EVA

Offline Breeze

« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2011, 04:57 AM »
These are just patches for the real problem. Same goes for champex, nicotine patches and all of it.
If you want to quit, f@#!ing quit.

I'll keep smoking till I want to quit.

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2011, 05:11 AM »
No, this is a real alternative. Please don't miss inform people with your ignorance. K thnx

-1 breeze
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 05:19 AM by Dub-c »

Offline Breeze

« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2011, 05:40 AM »
A forum is about discussion and opinions.
You're being the narrow minded f@#!wit.

I don't give two shits about Karma.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2011, 07:19 AM »
You know i've seen though man.

In the last 2 weeks, like 10 people at my work have e-cigs already, and they all smoke while working indoors, that's amazing man, can smoke while working inside a building and theres no smell or anything.

I have gave up smoking completely, been off cigs for, what, 2 months or more now, and I feel great, no desire to smoke whatsoever, well, if I drink I have to smoke, I can't drink and not smoke, so I quit drinking also, haven't had a drink for almost 2 months now too, I tried to have a vodka last weekend but I still wanted a cig, so I only had 2 vodkas and stopped lol.

I wish e-cig was around for the last 5 years while I smoked, i'd be luvin it being able to do some work, take a quick puff, get back to work, without having to walk upstairs get my cigs out my lockers, put my jumper/coat on, go all the way back downstairs and out the front, round the side to the designated smoking-area, and all the way back in, that saves 5 minutes of your break already lol...

You can smoke on the bus, you can smoke even on planes supposedly, dunno if that's true though, you can definately use this thing more or less anywhere you want, at anytime you want, that's one of the cons of smoking real cigs, at work, you can only smoke on your break, in designated areas, with e-cig, anytime you want, anywhere you want, it can't get better than that imo...

« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2011, 09:12 AM »
@ madogg: nice mate, enjoy your riva when it comes!

@ komo: yeh you can use them "anywhere", which is a good thing. I dont use it indoors or in public places often because I dont want weird looks and have to explain what it is im smoking. It does look like you're smoking and its better to respect people who dont want to be around "smoke" (even though it isnt smoke). I have used it in more lively indoor places like clubs and pubs, its a fun novelty and a good talking point! When im out I actually smoke my e cig less then I did normal cigs, which is good!

@ breeze: Ignorant, unjustified opinion. If you're gonna make brazen statements like that at least support your opinion with evidence and reason. Sure, giving up completely is obviously the best thing to do although as Im sure you're already aware, this is far more easily said than done. Many people try to give up by either going cold turkey or with patches and find that they simply cant do it (Ive tried and failed to give up smoking many times). E cigs have enabled thousands of people to quit normal cigs with ease (with EASE). There are also many people who still want to enjoy the sensation of smoking yet dont want to endanger their health of the health of others. E cigs allow people to do this (good thing ye).

Bottom line is this. Giving up smoking is a very hard thing to do for most people. E cigs not only make the process of giving up traditional smoke easy, they also make it extremely enjoyable. You already have 3 people in this thread talking from PERSONAL EXPERIENCE about how well these things WORK and how they have improved their quality of life. Its no overstatement to say that the e cig is one of the most useful inventions of the 21st century and there is no doubt whatsoever that it DOES and COULD help many thousands of people to give up a filthy habit.

Pretty stupid comment breeze. You should note this information is for people who WANT to quit smoking or transfer to a healthier alternative. If YOU dont want to quit right now, good on you, greetz son, nice work pal, clap clap, clever doggy. This information is intended to help those that DO want to quit and have struggled with other ways of quitting, you get that yeh? Understood?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 09:23 AM by NAiL »
worm and learn