Forums
May 02, 2024, 10:12 AM

Author Topic: hearing  (Read 3288 times)

Offline CJ

hearing
« on: February 16, 2010, 04:21 PM »
ok, a bit random this one, but all the same a little help would be nice, i awoken on saturday (13th) and had no hearing i couldnt and still cant hear a thing, i intially thought it was cos igot in the shower and when ur ears pop in the shower when u get a little water in them,  but its still like this now,  cant hear a f@#!ing thing which is driving me mad cos ive missed 2 heroes episodes and my birthday (yesterday) which was a pile of shit. ive booked to go in the doctors and am in on friday, but anyone have a rough idea what this problem could be?
My hometown rugby team Warrington Wolves won the 2009 Carnegie Challenge Cup At Wembley and successfully defended the trophy by beating Leeds Rhinos 30-6 at Wembley on 28/08/10 and got the trophy back beating Leeds Rhinos 35-18 on 25/08/12... 3rd time in 4 years

Offline HHC

Re: hearing
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 04:50 PM »
Really, the worst place to ask this is the internet. People will just share their horror stories or come up with crazy guessed diagnoses.

Hope you're fine though, gl for friday  8)

Offline Rok

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 05:20 PM »
CJ, do you have a thing for asking medical stuff on wormy forums? I recall you once asking on xtc forums why you can't take a dump.  ;D

Seriously, I wish you get better.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 05:47 PM »
Sounds like you need some prednisone.

Seriously. Ear Nose Throat doctor as soon as possible, sir. I've heard of something quite similar to this and if this is the same thing, then the sooner you start with prednisone, the more of your hearing you'll get back.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 06:18 PM »
Don't know what it is. But I hope you get better mate :)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Crazy

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 09:40 PM »
Really, the worst place to ask this is the internet. People will just share their horror stories or come up with crazy guessed diagnoses.

Not when you have DocOne here!

Offline GodiTo

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 04:25 PM »
Get better dude, and no idea from me too^^

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 06:05 PM »

Not when you have DocOne here!
* DarkOne plays a little with his stethoscope

Click me if you're CJ
like I said, prednisone :) (=glucocorticoid)

Offline Ray

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 07:00 PM »
Dr. DrankOne's recipe: always works.

I mean DarkOne*, gosh, how could I mistype that...

Offline nappy

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 11:43 PM »

Offline CJ

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2010, 04:46 PM »
went to doctors aparently its a lod of built up wax in my ears but i dunno how cos i clean them very regularly, ive been giving some olivce oil ear drops and if things dont improve, ive to have em syringed, whatever that means?
My hometown rugby team Warrington Wolves won the 2009 Carnegie Challenge Cup At Wembley and successfully defended the trophy by beating Leeds Rhinos 30-6 at Wembley on 28/08/10 and got the trophy back beating Leeds Rhinos 35-18 on 25/08/12... 3rd time in 4 years

Offline Rok

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2010, 05:13 PM »
LOL, no need for prednizone, eh D1?

CJ, I think it means they'll suck it out!  ;D
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline HHC

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2010, 05:46 PM »
went to doctors aparently its a lod of built up wax in my ears but i dunno how cos i clean them very regularly, ive been giving some olivce oil ear drops and if things dont improve, ive to have em syringed, whatever that means?

Means they are gonna shoot water into it. They did it to me too when there was wax in them, it's a common procedure. Nothing to worry about.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2010, 05:51 PM »
I remember i got air blown through my ears regularly when i visited the doctor when i was a child, horrible...

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2010, 06:37 PM »
The wax is a reaction to you cleaning out your ears regularly.

Yeah, Rok, have a laugh :P wax doesn't build up that fast usually. All I read was sudden hearing loss, which means you should act fast or at least have a quick look if you can't find another explanation