Forums
May 15, 2024, 05:08 AM

Author Topic: Keyboards...  (Read 5870 times)

Re: Keyboards...
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2012, 05:22 PM »
That one has extremely little to do with the old IBM keyboards that you hear about; those are specifically Model M keyboards with a buckling spring mechanism under each key (the reason they're so damn loud). Should still be an above average rubber dome keyboard with decent build quality, though, less likely than modern keyboards to suffer from arrow key and spacebar locks... but I can't say for sure whether it would or wouldn't have it on any of the combinations.

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2012, 08:21 AM »
Ah ok.  I'll probably leave it then.

; )

Thanks man.

Offline avirex

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2012, 12:16 PM »
HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blast from the past!! :DD

cue, that is the first KB i ever played worms on hahaha... that f@#!in things old

it has no keylock, im not sure how great the space is tho, im not, and have ever been any kind of crazy tapper....   they are not rubber dome keys as KRD thinks,  only reason i know this is i broke that space bar, and had to remove it...  there was like 2 metal spring/brackets under it, that had to hook into a spot undeneath b4 snapped back down...

i never got it to connect correctly after that, and just had to get rid of it... but RIP to it..

i think for 6 bux u should give it a shot dude.

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2012, 02:04 PM »
I'll see if it's still there next time I'm in and get it then.  Maybe it will be good for Dj Max as well.

;O

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2012, 07:00 PM »
they are not rubber dome keys as KRD thinks,  only reason i know this is i broke that space bar, and had to remove it...  there was like 2 metal spring/brackets under it, that had to hook into a spot undeneath b4 snapped back down...

You mean exactly like all spacebars have, regardless of whether they're mechanical, scissor switch or rubber dome? :D

Offline avirex

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2012, 12:19 AM »
im not a keyboard pro...

but no, i dont mean exactly like all keyboards have...

my logig15 did nothave it, and my current gateway kb does not either.... 

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2012, 12:36 AM »
Keyboards for nabs

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline Free

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2012, 06:00 AM »
Hoho I just bought the same keyboard yesterday that is on the intro pic.

Should seen me guys.

I liked the space on the keyboard on the pic cos its slim, but it has keylock and just horrible arrows so I connected my Blackwidow also and used it for arrows..

Meaning I roped with 2 keyboards at the same time.. felt like this is bit too much addiction. :D And also felt like Neo

Offline cOke

« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2012, 03:50 PM »
That's the Logitech ultra thin or w/e? I looked into but ended up getting this instead on some advice and its great (see link below). It has the low profile almost laptop like silent keys which are a necessity for me as I cant stand huge clacky keys with a 1cm deep keypress. Also as far as i'm aware there is no keylock for roping, although I have no idea with the arrow keys and space as I use numpad and remapped space and it works fine. Also its fkn cheap as f@#! and a great solid keyboard that you can spill whatever liquid on without damaging it. Also it has a standard full layout so none of that trying to fit 1000 keys into a tiny space by f@#!ing up the layout you see in some ultra flat keyboards.

http://www.cherrycorp.com/english/keyboards/Office/G85-23100/index.htm Cherry Stream XT Evolution.

edit: picture
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 04:00 PM by madog »
HNN4EVA

Offline Wojtes

• Poland Poland
  • Let's the go, little gays!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2012, 04:33 PM »
lol - You are really a some Gamer if u think about buyin' a keyboard specially for specified game for WA! lol i have never thought of that, but, i could explain my bl in roping games such as roper, or wxw which i hate, but I did well in shopper, and hmm new keyboard may do nice for me.
Wojt3s

Offline Farco/Ghost

« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2013, 06:26 PM »
Dunno if this is late post or not, if it is I'm sorry. But does Logitect G510 Keyboard have that clicking sounds each time you press the keys? The last keyboard (Black Widow) had soo much clicking sound each time I press the space key and it was annoying the crap out of me. A friend of mine, Surgeon said Microsoft keyboard are good so I searched online and couldn't find a good one to get. Does any Microsoft keyboard or any kind of keyboard works?
For God so love the world, that he give his only begotten son, that who so ever believes in Him, putting their faith and trust on him, they will not go to hell or devil, will never perish and will have everlasting life.

I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13