Forums
May 21, 2024, 12:42 AM

Author Topic: nokia s60v3 or windows 95 anyone? (trying to play wa on a nokia s60v3 phone)  (Read 2131 times)

Offline Triad

Ok heres the deal. I have installed dosbox to my nokia 6700 slide. I am emulating w95 in dosbox (w98 works very slow) I want to put a no cd cracked wa to micro sd, open wa in dosbox and play some wxw on my phone lol :D

well but idk wtf i have to do? So any help will be nice :)

Offline rU`

I'm afraid you're not going to get any help here due to TUS not supporting cracked versions.

I don't think it's gonna work in such an outdated phone anyway.

lol. Haven't smartphones come out in Turkey yet?
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

rude  :D

Offline rU`

solo contigo!  :-*
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

Alright, I once already.did it on xperia play (joystick, android, 1ghz)
And it.worked, but I'm not sure.the last version of wa.works in win95
About.what to do, you need.to make ISO of disc C wIth installed win95 and worms

Offline Triad

Alright, I once already.did it on xperia play (joystick, android, 1ghz)
And it.worked, but I'm not sure.the last version of wa.works in win95
About.what to do, you need.to make ISO of disc C wIth installed win95 and worms
ok impo thanks man. Nice to hear that it worked in another phone. But probably i ll try this on my ipod touch 4 later. (its at service. Probably will be fixed in 2 weeks)

Offline StepS

s60v3? hell no, too few RAM. Even my N97 which has 128 MB always has only 50 MB free even on clean firmware. Opera browsing fails sometimes :'(

WA needs more RAM, and to consider the OS itself already eating it, also you could need DirectX 8 because 9 isn't compatible with Windows 95.

it's complicated.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline darKz

I don't know wtf you're talking about StepS but several years ago I installed WA on a PC with just 16 MB RAM and Windows 98 (I think) on it. Worked like a charm.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline chakkman

That must have been a very early version of W:A. The latest version already takes over 16 MB when you are just in the menu, and on a normal inter map in a 4vs4 worms it takes 40-50 MB's. Not to talk about big maps which takes a lot more than that…

Offline darKz

Yeah I'm not 100% sure anymore but I think it was plain 3.5. So you can probably play singleplayer .BIT map wxw. :)
~ Dubc 2010

Offline MonkeyIsland

How the keys would work if he manages to get the game running well?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Triad

s60v3? hell no, too few RAM. Even my N97 which has 128 MB always has only 50 MB free even on clean firmware. Opera browsing fails sometimes :'(

WA needs more RAM, and to consider the OS itself already eating it, also you could need DirectX 8 because 9 isn't compatible with Windows 95.

it's complicated.
i dont know man ofc i wont use last patch. I will use old patches (maybe 3.00 even) but i think its not impossible.i have quake 3 on my phone for example :D

simple edit key mapping in dosbox.conf file or use wkKeyRemap xD

-

anyway i have a wwp game on my phone(http://ultimateworms.tk/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=230 for link) and it uses very low ram just like darkz said. Game is same as wwp except  bit or png map support, just random island and cavern maps. I play shoppa in cavern map sometimes :D well  if anyone wont find any solutıon probably i will:
-start c and c++ programming and make a bit and png supported wa game for symbian
-  or try wa in dospad in my ipod later.
- or build a wxw map with girders on a short island map in that wwp game lol :D

Offline StepS

on a PC
thanks, but we are talking about a mobile phone with completely different CPU architecture ---> double/triple system requirements for emulation

wanna play wxw? easily, but it's a lot better to do so on PSP using the PS1 version.

it's dosbox's deal, configured in a conf file

i have quake 3 on my phone for example :D
Related to what already said, Quake 3 is open-source and ported to CPU architecture used by your mobile phone, therefore it goes perfectly fine without any emulation. I also have a Quake, but this has nothing to do with Windows or DOS systems designed for Intel 386!!!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 04:55 PM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline MonkeyIsland

I meant physically on the phone and how that could be possible with smart/touch phones?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline darKz

CPU architecture

Weren't we talking about RAM? Anyway calm down brah, no need to colour/bold every other word. We can all read even without your visual aids.
~ Dubc 2010