Forums
May 10, 2024, 06:38 AM

Author Topic: Something's wrong with my PC  (Read 1866 times)

Offline MarianRV

Something's wrong with my PC
« on: September 12, 2015, 02:16 PM »
Some days ago somehow I managed to virus my PC. After I did "clean" it with the antivirus I thought everything will be ok but there are situations when these stuff start to pop out and I don't know what is going on.

Any help would be appreciated

(I hope I posted in the right place)

Offline XanKriegor

Re: Something's wrong with my PC
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 02:23 PM »
Try to wipe TEMP folder.

Offline MarianRV

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 02:28 PM »
Tried this idea just now. Let's hope nothing wrong happens

(And damn,my TEMP folder was quite crowded )

Offline Sensei

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 02:29 PM »
Too much anime in 1 post. Can't think clearly..

Btw, no worries Marian. Virus will probably run away on his own :)

Offline MarianRV

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 02:30 PM »
Too much anime in 1 post. Can't think clearly..

Btw, no worries Marian. Virus will probably run away on his own :)
Can't you actually be serious for once, can you

Offline Triad

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2015, 04:57 PM »
I format my PC once per 3 month or smth, I just backup anything important, then format.

Also with this method, I always have a backup for my important stuff. Don't wanna lose those stuffs right?

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2015, 05:15 PM »
What Antivirus program are you using? Some antivirus programs don't detect exact Trojans or Malwares, and sometimes delete some system files of Windows. I am using ESET NOD32 Antivirus 8 from 2 years, and my PC didn't even mess up at once. xd
But yeah, PC overheat might be because of corrupted processor or burnt capacitors.

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline Marko

• What is custom title lol

• Croatia Croatia
  • HCP HCP clan

• Heart wants what the heart wants
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2015, 07:45 PM »
Okay, virus might directly affect your PC's temperature. However, I'd clean it up from the inside anyway as it is one of the most common causes of overheating (bad ventilation because dust cloggs airholes).
Second, you can open task manager, check the process that's affecting your PC, find it's location, restart in safe mode and delete it, but that's still not as convenient as windows reinstall.

Sorry, but if you damaged your windows so bad (jumping errors out of the blue, overheating etc.) your best solution would be clean install, like Triad said.
Once your system files get damaged and corrupted, (even though you can try to use sfc/scannow in command prompt) your PC will never act as fast as before until you reinstall it.
Every time I come back to TUS, I realize my last signature was cringe

Offline MarianRV

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2015, 03:40 PM »
Okay, virus might directly affect your PC's temperature. However, I'd clean it up from the inside anyway as it is one of the most common causes of overheating (bad ventilation because dust cloggs airholes).
Second, you can open task manager, check the process that's affecting your PC, find it's location, restart in safe mode and delete it, but that's still not as convenient as windows reinstall.

Sorry, but if you damaged your windows so bad (jumping errors out of the blue, overheating etc.) your best solution would be clean install, like Triad said.
Once your system files get damaged and corrupted, (even though you can try to use sfc/scannow in command prompt) your PC will never act as fast as before until you reinstall it.
I will think about this option aswell.
Tho those stuff really dissapeared after I got rid of stuff in .Temp folder and scanned my PC for viruses. Things seem to work fine at the moment but who knows...

Also Adnan, I am using ESET Nod32

Offline Marko

• Croatia Croatia
  • HCP HCP clan

• View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2015, 09:36 AM »
Try Avira, it is one of the most demanding AVs out there, but it does the job perfectly, even the free version :)

Offline MarianRV

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2015, 02:32 PM »
What do you mean by demanding?

Offline MarianRV

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2015, 06:08 PM »
Damn, my PC is acting crazy again.The screen turned white out of sudden.I tried forced shutdown + restart but this is all that happens:

So much bad stuff happening recently

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2015, 06:32 PM »
Damn, my PC is acting crazy again.The screen turned white out of sudden.I tried forced shutdown + restart but this is all that happens:

So much bad stuff happening recently
It's an acer.  Makes sense this shit would break.  Probably you already got more use out of it than you should have.

Reformat.

Offline Marko

• Croatia Croatia
  • HCP HCP clan

• View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2015, 10:02 PM »
Heeey, don't insult Acers :D
My baby, after days of tuning and fking with Win10 is finally in the best shape ever :P

Offline MarianRV

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2015, 09:54 AM »
Tried to connect the PC to an external monitor in the hope that I might save stuff somehow but another problem arrived

When I turn on the PC, everything seems ok while the logo is on:

Oddly tho,exactly after that logo loading dissappears it just becomes like this:

Might this be caused by GPU failure?