Forums
May 02, 2024, 02:02 AM

Author Topic: The Big Religion/God Debate  (Read 38439 times)

Offline Abnaxus

Re: The Big Religion/God Debate
« Reply #300 on: July 22, 2012, 02:35 PM »
What if this substance - through chemical process - just increases human senses (rather increasing the brain capability to "understand/analyze" the senses the human feels) ?
And so Free just was able to analyze the room through his senses (hearing, feeling) ?

Here again, it's just presumption. But we need a start, don't we ?
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #301 on: July 22, 2012, 03:09 PM »
What if this substance - through chemical process - just increases human senses (rather increasing the brain capability to "understand/analyze" the senses the human feels) ?
And so Free just was able to analyze the room through his senses (hearing, feeling) ?

Here again, it's just presumption. But we need a start, don't we ?

What if the world Ends in 20 seconds?

^^ Nope, it didn't xD

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #302 on: July 22, 2012, 03:55 PM »
What if the world Ends in 20 seconds?

It did, you're just living through your mind right now.
The whole world is the one your brain created after your "death".
Welcome in the matrix and her infinite loop.

Those 4 lifes are only one (from birth to natural death):

Burn me, I'm a witch ! xD
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 04:15 PM by Abnaxus »

Offline Free

« Reply #303 on: July 23, 2012, 12:37 AM »
It's just my experience, not the "ultimate truth".. I sincerely hope that anyone of "you" will "understand" this. :) After this "realiziation" I'm ready to answer anyones questions and "debate" if it's not like ropa's disrespectul "statements".

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #304 on: July 23, 2012, 06:55 AM »
It'd be pretty weird if the world just ended, and no one realised, and everyone kept living the exact same life lol.

(Edit: ^^ Also, it would pretty much defeat the whole point of "Earth ending" lol...)

I am sure I woulda noticed lol...

« Reply #305 on: July 23, 2012, 09:03 AM »
It's just my experience, not the "ultimate truth".. I sincerely hope that anyone of "you" will "understand" this. :) After this "realiziation" I'm ready to answer anyones questions and "debate" if it's not like ropa's disrespectul "statements".

Did you read my post on the last page?

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 23, 2012, 09:16 AM »

Disrespectful? Where? Do yourself a favor and answer Cueshark, because maybe then, just maybe, whilst composing your answer and thinking about his questions you'll come to the "realization" that you're tripping balls, period.

And don't claim you're ready to answer anyone's questions when you haven't at all, all you've been doing is dodge them on the basis that "it's okay i respect your opinion but because I live in a higher plane of understanding I'm not going to bother with your mortal logic".

« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 09:18 AM by ropa »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #307 on: July 23, 2012, 09:48 AM »
(Edit: ^^ Also, it would pretty much defeat the whole point of "Earth ending" lol...)
Not if the whole world doesn't exist but in our mind. ^^'
Anyway, I was joking, let's go back to the topic.  :P

PS: Btw, I really guess God and all that stuff were just a history from a book called Bible.
A history told to childs to preachify (bad things, good things).
If you look well, these are just the rules of life "do not kill, do not steal, etc..".

And one day, some guy decided to fool other people by telling this is true and so they started to enlist people (for money or power, don't know).

I hardly believe this.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 09:53 AM by Abnaxus »

Offline Rok

« Reply #308 on: July 23, 2012, 10:48 AM »
@Free: I'm genuinely interested in an explanation about these "frequencies". My understanding of the word frequency is number of repetitions of some event in a certain time interval. When we say that two radio stations transmit on different frequencies, we know we're talking about oscillations of electric currents (electro engineers will kindly correct me where I'm wrong, but you get the point...).

What frequencies are you talking about, what phenomena do they describe?
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Free

« Reply #309 on: July 23, 2012, 11:00 AM »
"Another substance used in South America, especially in the Amazon basin, is a drink called ayahuasca, caapi, or yajé, which is produced from the stem bark of the vines Banisteriopsis caapi and B. inebrians. Indians who use it claim that its virtues include healing powers and the power to induce clairvoyance, among others.

Another method of divination was to drink ayahuasca, a narcotic that had profound effects on the central nervous system. This was believed to enable one to communicate with the supernatural powers."

----------

Ok, so this substance is widely acknowledged to produce some interesting sensations and effects.

@Free.  So you took this stuff and experienced what you believe to be kind of remote viewing or something.  Seeing with your eyes closed.  But you actually attempted to apply some scientific controls to account for the possibility that it was just in your imagination.

The controls you applied was that your girlfriend changed something in the room and with your eyes closed you worked out what it was.

After succeeding in this challenge you have concluded that there definitely wasn't a boring mundane explanation for this.  Instead, you literally saw through closed eyes because of reaching a higher plane/dimension through this substance?

Am I right so far?

Yes pretty much. It definately felt like I was observing "out of body", and I could even see through physical objects also, I could see what I had in my fridge for example or how my bedroom looked "through" walls. If a table might look and feel solid, it's only atoms packed densely and at the time it felt like atoms we're pretty "loose", I could see and feel the sofa when I went to lay there, but I could also see through the sofa.

I haven't studied remote viewing that much but experiencing out of body (sober, sleeping, not under substances) I have no problems believing that it can be done on certain settings.

For me the experience was as Real as me sitting here on the computer and typing this reply.

Check this out, this guy claims that he could understand AND speak Japanese without ever even studying it after coming down from Ayahuasca session

http://forums.ayahuasca.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=22026 (he speaks that his "friend" experienced this but it's a common thing to write to psychedelic forums like your friend experienced that, probably legal issues, might be his friend also though)

I understand WHY it might be hard to believe my experiences as I wouldn't believe either without having these experiences, I can relate and understand but after many WTF moments, supernatural feels pretty natural for me.

@ropa

You've always been the forum troll as long as I can remember and when you start disrespecting Ayahuasca (just because you don't know any better) and my "dealer friends" your crossing the line in my books since these are serious topics for me. I can troll with you in other threads. It's totally okay to not believe anything I say but have some respect at least.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 11:02 AM by Free »

Offline Free

« Reply #310 on: July 23, 2012, 11:05 AM »
@Free: I'm genuinely interested in an explanation about these "frequencies". My understanding of the word frequency is number of repetitions of some event in a certain time interval. When we say that two radio stations transmit on different frequencies, we know we're talking about oscillations of electric currents (electro engineers will kindly correct me where I'm wrong, but you get the point...).

What frequencies are you talking about, what phenomena do they describe?

How can I better describe it other than the whole universe consists of energy and the atoms vibrate and this enables there to be different frequencies (herz). Think of it like a radio, those are the frequencies I'm talking about.

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #311 on: July 23, 2012, 11:32 AM »
How can I better describe it other than the whole universe consists of energy and the atoms vibrate and this enables there to be different frequencies (herz). Think of it like a radio, those are the frequencies I'm talking about.
+1

« Reply #312 on: July 23, 2012, 12:08 PM »
Yes pretty much. It definately felt like I was observing "out of body", and I could even see through physical objects also, I could see what I had in my fridge for example or how my bedroom looked "through" walls. If a table might look and feel solid, it's only atoms packed densely and at the time it felt like atoms we're pretty "loose", I could see and feel the sofa when I went to lay there, but I could also see through the sofa.

Have you tried this in buildings where you don't know exactly what the room on the other side of the walls looks like? Did you check afterwards whether you were right?
I can tell you what my bedroom looks like right now, even though there's 2 walls in between (but I won't ;D).
A lot of out-of-body experiences are described by patients during surgery - they feel like they're watching the scene from up top.
But they can't describe the topside of the machinery for the anaesthesiologist, because they had no previous knowledge of what was on top of it. Basically, they experience what's happening (known side effect of ketamine) but the brain processes it as an out-of-body experience (because pain sensation and other things like that don't add up).
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 12:13 PM by DarkOne »

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 23, 2012, 12:11 PM »
Think of it like a radio, those are the frequencies I'm talking about.

High frequency facepalm.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #314 on: July 23, 2012, 12:46 PM »
But they can't describe the topside of the machinery for the anaesthesiologist, because they had no previous knowledge of what was on top of it.
I have been able. Was a roof, not a machine, but the same. I'd say the surface I could see was more or less 25 meters around me.
And this was happenning when I was feeling the noise, not just hearing (always happenned during my absences): that might be why I could listen all the conversations at once.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 12:50 PM by Abnaxus »