Forums
May 17, 2024, 05:22 PM

Author Topic: Would you like your own custom made TUS / WA fanfare?  (Read 4282 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Would you like your own custom made TUS / WA fanfare?
« on: December 20, 2016, 09:29 AM »
*Your request may take a while, all depends when I have free time and how many people are waiting*

I took a private course a few years back doing advanced music production / mixing engineering, learning from and being coached by a truly gifted & talented person.

As well as dreaming of having a career in the audio industry, I enjoy making 4/8/16/32 bar clips of music that never turn into finished projects, they don't take long to make as they require no transitions or too much skill as a composer, however it's great practise for sound design, mixdowns, and building my own libraries of presets, etc.

Specializing in Drum & Bass, sub genres such as Liquid/Drumstep/Chiptune are my favourites and that which I am most accustomed to creating. I do however dabble in pretty much any type of EDM music, if I don't know how to do it, i'll learn.

If you would like a little custom fanfare made, feel free to reply to this thread and i'll see what I can do, might be done fast, might take a while please don't expect things done right away, although i'll do my best!

You may wish to include:

• Any instructions or guidelines you think will help to capture your idea.
  • MIDI scores that I can import into Cubase.
  • Have a specific sound in mind but not sure how to explain it? Link me to a song with a time frame stated.
  • Audio samples: Sound effect, music clip, your own voice, whatever you want!*
  • A link to any songs you like that can be used as a reference, this can help me to choose the right sounds.

*Please make sure samples are the best possible quality, and individual sounds are isolated as much as possible if ripped from a movie or whatever.

TUS can now load 300kb fanfares, which, for 320kbps mp3 is roughly about 6-8 seconds, longer if you use lower quality.

Fanfares for WA, i'm unsure about the limits, but generally they tend to play for a short time also.

I gain experience when producing and mixing music, and it's honestly one of the best feelings in the world creating music, so this is all free of charge, but there are a few conditions:

• If you include illegal samples, or another persons intellectual property, you can never use it commercially, if you do, I don't want to know about it.
  • I reserve the right to copy/combine/create/trade/share/sell any original material created by me, such as sound design for example.
  • Any original ideas/audio created by you will remain yours, if I ever want to use any material you provide for something other than your request, i'll ask for your permission.
  • If you use my work for other stuff, please give me credit :)

If you would like to hear some of my previous work, you can listen here:

https://soundcloud.com/komito-1

^^Some of my personal favourites i've created over the last year and a couple older tracks too, by no means am I limited to what you hear there.

Pretty much every song is made with no plan whatsoever, started off by messing around and just adding bits, constantly changing things, improvising and messing around with sound design etc, i'm still searching for my signature style and constantly improving.

List of requests and progress:

Offline Mega`Adnan

Re: Would you like your own custom made TUS / WA fanfare?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 11:10 AM »
Make "Lagnan" fanfare, with lagging dubstep. :D

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 11:13 AM »

Elaborate, be more specific, i'm a professional musician, not a psychic :D

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 11:21 AM »

Elaborate, be more specific, i'm a professional musician, not a psychic :D

Well. I dunno.
Make it as you like, just like the way you made "Lagnan" darts map. :D

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2016, 11:27 AM »
Ok hah, I got an idea for you now :)

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2016, 03:18 PM »
Fanfares for WA, i'm unsure about the limits, but generally they tend to play for a short time also.

There's no limit, but it has to be 16-bit WAV file

EDIT1: I'm also gonna get in, for PoC a fanfare with lots of construction noise in Worms leitmotif. WA sound effects can be used.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 03:30 PM by TheMadCharles »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2016, 03:31 AM »
TheMadCharles  - What do you mean by:

PoC?
Worms leitmotif?
By construction noise, you mean general audio from building sites, hammer, saw, digger, stuff being banged, dropped, thrown, connected etc?

What genre are you looking for? DnB? Dubstep? House? Other?

@Adnan, I got a funny idea, but had to fork out £75 to buy a synth for it :D (Np tho, will be used a lot in future also)

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2016, 07:12 AM »
@Adnan, I got a funny idea, but had to fork out £75 to buy a synth for it :D (Np tho, will be used a lot in future also)

Np, take your time. 8)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2016, 07:50 AM »
I've been waiting for an excuse to buy it for a while but only need simple use for your fanfare :)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2016, 11:56 AM »
Ok adnan, 1st preview, let me know if you like it or not, this is private link, will be deleted after you listen:

https://soundcloud.com/komito-1/megaadnan-fanfare-wav/s-zc7d0

Depending on your browser/device, the very start of the clip may sound like it's missing, but I assure you, it's not.

Oh, forgot to mention, for this to be under 300kb, it needs cut, for TUS version I cut the little 1 bar buildup out, shorten the tail of the clip to end quicker(less reverb essentially), 320kpbs, and it's around 264kb.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2016, 12:29 PM »
I would like to have such fanfare if u offer.

My suggest is: At begin - strong electro drop and then some mystery/psychodelic sounds with the jokker laugh :)

Offline Sensei

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2016, 12:41 PM »
If you catch some time, I would like fanfare too.
Something Back to the future related with reggae surroundings!? (throw reggae out and put trance if it's easier)

Thx.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2016, 01:06 PM »
I would like to have such fanfare if u offer.

My suggest is: At begin - strong electro drop and then some mystery/psychodelic sounds with the jokker laugh :)

Genres are so widespread with literally hundreds of different styles for each main genre, what sounds mysterious and psychodelic to me, might not be quite what you have in mind, same goes for the strong electro drop.

With that in mind, could you please provide some youtube references of "strong electro drop" and "mystery/psychodelic sounds" with some songs you already like, this will give me an idea of the type of sound to create for you :)

Also, by jokker I assume you mean from Batman? And any specific actor? Jared Leto, Heath Ledger, Jack Nicolson, or voice from the cartoon series?

I can be specific if you are, otherwise i'll just do whatever I feel like and could be nothing that you like :D

@Sensei - Do you mean reggae theme, or authentic reggae music? I could do some nice reggae Dubstep or Drum & Bass for you, something like this:

Obviously, I can't sing like a true rastafari haha, but I am sure there are TONS of samples out there.

Offline Triad

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2016, 01:18 PM »

First 14 seconds of intro but as chiptune.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 01:28 PM by Triad »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2016, 01:20 PM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nHQvy5iCRPw

First 14 seconds of intro but as chiptune.

Can you find another copy? It's blocked in my country lol.