Forums
May 13, 2024, 07:29 PM

Author Topic: WWP anyone?  (Read 4541 times)

Re: WWP anyone?
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2012, 05:04 PM »
Naaah, they've both always been 50, it's the same engine.

What WWP does do differently is it relies on a different timer for polling input (or something like that), resulting in that slightly different feel. But WA at the time used the same, it was in later beta updates that the devs made the switch to this more precise one that we enjoy today. Though you can still switch back to the old behaviour with the timer workaround tweak in the advanced options and the replays obviously stay compatible, proving that it's all still exactly the same as far as in-game actions are concerned.

Offline avirex

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2012, 09:47 PM »
only when u had ur xspeed on, anubis :DD

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2012, 12:53 AM »
WWP hated usb keyboards that much we know for sure

and I was trolling, steps was missinforming.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2012, 02:40 PM »
Naaah, they've both always been 50, it's the same engine.

What WWP does do differently is it relies on a different timer for polling input (or something like that), resulting in that slightly different feel. But WA at the time used the same, it was in later beta updates that the devs made the switch to this more precise one that we enjoy today. Though you can still switch back to the old behaviour with the timer workaround tweak in the advanced options and the replays obviously stay compatible, proving that it's all still exactly the same as far as in-game actions are concerned.
You're maybe write, but we can higly feel the difference.
Your worm seems heavier.
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline StepS

« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2012, 08:27 AM »
WWP hated usb keyboards that much we know for sure

and I was trolling, steps was missinforming.
i wasn't about input lag specifically, i was about rope lag in general and also i didn't say anything, you did
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2012, 10:27 AM »
i didn't say anything, you did

The hell you're trying to save your ass when it's not even possible?

You quoted me and said "true". You're wrong worms tech guy, I'm sorry. You're totally and completely wrong. All that could be demonstrated is WWP had some sort of input lag, and even then, it wasn't very very reproducible. Everything else is smart asses like you trying to have answers for everything.

"rope lag in general"

using generalist terms in hopes they cover a wider broad of possibilities doesn't make you less wrong.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2012, 12:25 AM »
Isn't lag subjective ?

And wtf does that mean ? Every thread I read, there is people "fighting/quarreling".
Where the f@#! disappeared the great peacefull community I used to be in ?
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2012, 02:59 AM »
what how is lag subjective
But yeah peace was always was on a decrease. Real rhyme sayer n@#!!!

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2012, 04:59 AM »
Isn't lag subjective ?

And wtf does that mean ? Every thread I read, there is people "fighting/quarreling".

True, end of the world already started over here ^^ that's why I am avoiding to post here nowadays, anything we post is reason to fight and flame.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2012, 11:36 AM »

What community? CL2K? FB? XTC? Care to tell me in what era of WA did its community drop the drama?
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2012, 11:37 AM »

What community? CL2K? FB? XTC? Care to tell me in what era of WA did its community drop the drama?

True, end of the world already started over here ^^ that's why I am avoiding to post here nowadays, anything we post is reason to fight and flame.

I don't think you ever made a worthy post in your career in Worms, one that actually more than a couple of retards cared about. If so, please show, so you can move in from being a full time hypocrite to being a normal kid with life expectations.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Crazy

« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2012, 12:56 PM »
Isn't lag subjective ?

You're partly one of the reasons why some of the threads ends up like this. Just like this one. You know ropa will take this bait, ask you what community you were referring too, you'll talk about CBC, ropa will offend you and a bunch of other CBC-guys by mocking that community and it's on. Instead you could have been more specific about the community, explaining what was better back then, maybe why you think it was better, but you just don't care. Atleast ropa cares enough to voice his opinion with reasoning behind it. Some of your statements lacks any logic sense Abnaxus.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2012, 02:49 PM »

I don't think you ever made a worthy post in your career in Worms, one that actually more than a couple of retards cared about. If so, please show, so you can move in from being a full time hypocrite to being a normal kid with life expectations.

And so are you one of those retards because you cared about my post right now!?

C'man, let's stop arguing and fighting in forums and let's PLAY the damn game all togheter, what about it?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 02:55 PM by Insan3Lik3 »
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline StepS

« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2012, 03:19 PM »
no, it's not world's end, it's just the angry ropa who was trolled in response to his trolling.
no offence man ;D and be more quiet
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 03:21 PM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2012, 03:48 PM »
no, it's not world's end, it's just the angry ropa who was trolled in response to his trolling.
no offence man ;D and be more quiet

If you're mad because I made you look silly (the super awesome tech guy StepS, who doesn't even know the basics about frame rates) in this thread please keep the banter in said post, (don't make multiple post to say the same shit, ergo, saving your ass), instead of spreading cancer all over the forum just because you're upset someone dared point out you made a miss informative post. Another way of putting it: you're wrong, don't cry about it all over the forum, because that won't make you right, just twice as wrong.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 04:14 PM by ropa »
Eat a bag full of dicks.