Forums
April 26, 2024, 12:38 PM

Author Topic: Team17 has announced Worms World Party Remastered  (Read 13295 times)

Offline Xrayez

Re: Team17 has announced Worms World Party Remastered
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2015, 05:14 PM »
Donkey... Donkey... Donkey...  :D

This should bring some activity to W:A aswell.

Offline StepS

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2015, 06:10 PM »
The live stream is going to start in 5 minutes here: http://www.twitch.tv/team17ltd

Update: Casso has won a Worm Plush from the stream, congrats!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 06:21 PM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline HHC

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2015, 07:08 PM »
Game is just a re-release of WWP. Works exactly the same, looks exactly the same, except there's 3 new speeches (?) and you can play on modern day resolutions.  :-[

Only thing this does as far as i can see is draw ppl away from dl/ing WA, thinking this new title is supreme in some way. But in all honesty it's far from. There's a reason this game died back in the day. Very inactive online community + slow menu's. Add to this all the new features they have put in WA and that are missing from this WWP and this one's bound to die out soon.

Only interesting for players who don't have the old WWP and would like to have some of the wormpot modes at hand, or try some of the single player missions.

In short. Cash cow.

Was kinda obvious they wouldnt change the game itself, as they cant fix code made by someone else. But I was hoping for at least some new goodies or a different menu layout and what not. But nah, they didnt even include new maps or shit like that. It's just a re-release of an old game they had lying around.

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2015, 07:10 PM »
Game is just a re-release of WWP. Works exactly the same, looks exactly the same, except there's 3 new speeches (?) and you can play on modern day resolutions.  :-[

Only thing this does as far as i can see is draw ppl away from dl/ing WA, thinking this new title is supreme in some way. But in all honesty it's far from. There's a reason this game died back in the day. Very inactive online community + slow menu's. Add to this all the new features they have put in WA and that are missing from this WWP and this one's bound to die out soon.

Only interesting for players who don't have the old WWP and would like to have some of the wormpot modes at hand, or try some of the single player missions.

In short. Cash cow.

Was kinda obvious they wouldnt change the game itself, as they cant fix code made by someone else. But I was hoping for at least some new goodies or a different menu layout and what not. But nah, they didnt even include new maps or shit like that. It's just a re-release of an old game they had lying around.

exactly,  RIP poor t17

Offline Anubis

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2015, 07:14 PM »
I will buy it and play quite a lot for a few weeks, trying to establish roping there.

Offline HHC

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2015, 07:17 PM »
No Anubis, you will buy it, go online, host a rope game for dffsll from the republic of moldavia. Watch the guy fire a zook from the ground for 6 turns in a row and then gtfo never to return again.

Save that 13$ man.  :(

Offline Masta

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2015, 07:20 PM »
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 06:38 PM by Masta »

Offline Kradie

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2015, 07:39 PM »
Obviously there's not much passion put into this so called remaster. It's literally look the same. It's a shame really.

Edit:
Will the new WWP be compatible with the old WWP? For online crossover. 
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2015, 07:54 PM »
Conclusion -  T17 is a bunch of air sellling dicklickers  8)

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2015, 07:59 PM »
they just added some letters "remastared" and thats all they made. The only one plus in whole thing is that casso won that pluche pirate worm, hope they will send it to him!   >:(

Offline Casso

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2015, 08:39 PM »
Now that I finally won a plush I can die happy  ::)

Offline Triad

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2015, 09:58 PM »

In short. Cash cow.

Well said +1.

Offline Casso

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2015, 03:29 PM »
I guess that I won't never get that plush, no1 contacted me on twitch  :'(

I sent a message to Mike (the guy who was playing WWP on twitch) without answers.

Offline HHC

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2015, 03:51 PM »
Try their facebook or twitter account.

You deserve that worm!

Offline harpy

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2015, 04:38 PM »
custom singlerplayer missions and custom multiplayer missions

(:

+2 for idea` and 2will.
new and more 4-5 level upper grond missinons and next directly undermountand level 4 - strong evil team and elemental litch )