Forums
April 28, 2024, 11:10 AM

Author Topic: Team17 has announced Worms World Party Remastered  (Read 13437 times)

Offline HHC

Re: Team17 has announced Worms World Party Remastered
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2015, 03:59 PM »
The only way to acquire the necessary recognition we seek, is to post our thoughts on Team17 official forums or email them.

They closed the forum cause of that  ;D

The only feedback they get is from review sites that are paid to advertise games.

Offline The Extremist

« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2015, 11:22 PM »
I've been complaining on the Steam discussion page for WWP Remastered about how superior WA is and how the best move is to unify to two games. If more people did that, maybe Team17's ears would perk up...

Online Peja

« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2015, 11:39 PM »
wa players are even more stubborn than trekkies in their lack of understanding that a handful of dedicated nerds is no market for big business  :D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2015, 11:54 PM »
everyone says that t17 is so stupid and making mistakes every time and they should ask this community about what to do, but i don't see any posts at steam about this. is there any t17 developers on this forum or why you are talking here? :O

Having a discussion here about how stupid they are, will not bring any solution to the problem.

The only way to acquire the necessary recognition we seek, is to post our thoughts on Team17 official forums or email them.

We used to write stuff on T17 forum, but then T17 shut down the T17 forums, probably due to the fact they can't handle all the negative feedback they were getting.

I've been complaining on the Steam discussion page for WWP Remastered about how superior WA is and how the best move is to unify to two games. If more people did that, maybe Team17's ears would perk up...

If more people were to complain they would probably try and shut down steam too  :D  ;D

Offline The Extremist

« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2015, 12:02 AM »
We used to write stuff on T17 forum, but then T17 shut down the T17 forums, probably due to the fact they can't handle all the negative feedback they were getting.

You'd think they'd get the message, eh? ???

Still, I recommend going the Steam route. The internet could always use more text...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 12:04 AM by The Extremist »

Offline Kradie

« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2015, 06:12 AM »
It's pretty ridiculous of how Team17 take care of their fan base. But I guess it doesn't matter to them because as Peja said ''we aren't the biggest market''.

But perhaps we are? We CAN buy the game, we CAN write a negative review on steam and WE CAN get refund. That would backfire badly on Team17's behalf and perhaps make them take action? Hopefully for the better. .
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2015, 06:46 AM »
We definitely aren't the biggest market lol.

We are but a few hundred "regular" players on WA, and i'd guess less than 50% of us obtained this game legally.

When T17 sell new games, thousands of people buy these games, probably play it for a few hours, and never play it again.

Offline The Extremist

« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2015, 07:33 AM »

We are but a few hundred "regular" players on WA, and i'd guess less than 50% of us obtained this game legally.

When T17 sell new games, thousands of people buy these games, probably play it for a few hours, and never play it again.

Sounds like T17 has contracted "343 Syndrome".

Y'see, 343 Industries (a division of Microsoft and caretaker of the Halo franchise) released this game last November called The Master Chief Collection. It was meant to bring the first four Halo games together into one interface plus upgrades like 1080p/60 FPS.

The release was a disaster. The online barely worked at launch, it had crashes, saving bugs, UI bugs, and the ports of the games themselves were half-assed too, using old builds, inferior builds, messed up controls, etc.

Here's the kicker. The day of release, after several months of hyping the game up, the top brass vanished from social media. What followed were half-assed apologies claiming the problems caught them off guard, when the game was SO broken that a non-gamer playing for 5 minutes could easily tell that something wasn't right.

Then crap got piled on crap. Patches were released. They did little, with the changelogs using the word "improved" way more often than "fixed". Some even undid prior fixes. Then, compensation was announced - some in-game badges, a free month of Xbox Live (the subscription service for online play), and a port of half of a spin-off game (Halo 3: ODST without the multiplayer). Better than nothing, but these items were only given to people who played the game within the FIRST FIVE WEEKS of release, when the game was still partially broken SIX MONTHS on!

Then, just recently, with the game mostly working but certainly not polished, the head of the company came out of hiding...and gave more excuses. And with Halo 5 on the way, patches, and even MENTIONS of The Master Chief Collection are drying up real fast.

And guess what? Their plan is working. The reviewers mostly ignored the bugs at launch, assuming they'd get fixed, then never did a second look at it - all of this information has been gathered by unofficial Halo fan sites. The online population has dropped like a stone, and people are buying into the Halo 5 hype, which looks like flashy, throwaway Call Of Duty-style gameplay.

The cycle goes on.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 07:35 AM by The Extremist »

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2015, 05:50 PM »

Sounds like T17 has contracted "343 Syndrome".

Y'see, 343 Industries (a division of Microsoft and caretaker of the Halo franchise) released this game last November called The Master Chief Collection. It was meant to bring the first four Halo games together into one interface plus upgrades like 1080p/60 FPS.

The release was a disaster. The online barely worked at launch, it had crashes, saving bugs, UI bugs, and the ports of the games themselves were half-assed too, using old builds, inferior builds, messed up controls, etc.

Here's the kicker. The day of release, after several months of hyping the game up, the top brass vanished from social media. What followed were half-assed apologies claiming the problems caught them off guard, when the game was SO broken that a non-gamer playing for 5 minutes could easily tell that something wasn't right.

Then crap got piled on crap. Patches were released. They did little, with the changelogs using the word "improved" way more often than "fixed". Some even undid prior fixes. Then, compensation was announced - some in-game badges, a free month of Xbox Live (the subscription service for online play), and a port of half of a spin-off game (Halo 3: ODST without the multiplayer). Better than nothing, but these items were only given to people who played the game within the FIRST FIVE WEEKS of release, when the game was still partially broken SIX MONTHS on!

Then, just recently, with the game mostly working but certainly not polished, the head of the company came out of hiding...and gave more excuses. And with Halo 5 on the way, patches, and even MENTIONS of The Master Chief Collection are drying up real fast.

And guess what? Their plan is working. The reviewers mostly ignored the bugs at launch, assuming they'd get fixed, then never did a second look at it - all of this information has been gathered by unofficial Halo fan sites. The online population has dropped like a stone, and people are buying into the Halo 5 hype, which looks like flashy, throwaway Call Of Duty-style gameplay.

The cycle goes on.
Well, that's a good reason to stay with W:A! BTW, This remake of WWP will probably have the same things happening to it: Team17 releases remake, remake sucks ass, top brass disappears from social media, Team17 "apologizes" badly, patches do almost nothing at all, some patches undo prior fixes, Team17 releases "compensation" (in-game badges, free [put whatever Team17 is gonna give us for free here], a port of something [maybe we might end up playing Worms Battle Rally because Team17 sucked at porting WWP and had to make it up by taking a former idea for a cancelled game and making it so that it gets released], and other things) to those who bought it when it was terribly broken, Team17 gives more excuses, patches and mentions of WWP Remastered fizzle out, game eventually goes extinct because nobody plays it anymore, Team17 releases replacement remake (Maybe of Worms 3D), cycle repeats until Team17 somehow manages to get out of this endless cycle (if they can't, it's gonna repeat until Team17 goes out of business). Maybe Team17 should've just (finally) released Worms Battle Rally instead, since I'd rather have a Mario Kart knock-off with worms at war than a terrible remake that gets patches and "compensation" before eventually having its community dissipate rapidly.
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline Triad

« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2015, 04:05 PM »
It will be cool if people in TUS buys WWP:R, write a negative review in Steam (possibly with mentioning the superiorities of WA) and then refund game. Steam let's you refund game if you play it less than 2 hours and if you ask it in first 2 weeks after your purchase. And I don't think they can remove reviews from Steam.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2015, 04:31 PM »
But perhaps we are? We CAN buy the game, we CAN write a negative review on steam and WE CAN get refund. That would backfire badly on Team17's behalf and perhaps make them take action? Hopefully for the better. .

It will be cool if people in TUS buys WWP:R, write a negative review in Steam (possibly with mentioning the superiorities of WA) and then refund game. Steam let's you refund game if you play it less than 2 hours and if you ask it in first 2 weeks after your purchase. And I don't think they can remove reviews from Steam.

This^

Without complete certainty, I think they have the authority to remove whatever they don't see fit in their review section.

Team17 is well aware of their mistakes, it's just a pity that they don't have the ability to self reflect and make up for it.

Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Anubis

« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2015, 07:35 PM »
Tomorrow is release, who is buying?

Offline MarianRV

« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2015, 07:37 PM »
This guy

Offline MeTonaTOR

« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2015, 10:34 PM »

Me
<Asbest> alright im too sleepy, i seen too many idiots today. i hope no one will get what i got. have a good night
* Asbest (~Asbest@5b606b87.bfe48da6.6c2d5d00.IP4) Quit (Quit)
<StepS> party
<OutofOrder> ♫♪♫♪ \o/ _o/ \o\  /o/ ♫♪♪♫
<Bamboy> ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
<StepS> (≧▽≦)
<Bamboy> ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
<WTF-8> ( . )   ( . )

Offline philie

« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2015, 11:57 PM »
f@#! that shit