Forums
May 03, 2024, 04:51 PM

Author Topic: Worms: Clan Wars  (Read 8113 times)

Offline HHC

Re: Worms: Clan Wars
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2013, 11:41 PM »
Hmm, I thought Steps was in on it too. My bad.

Ty Pyro. Good job there  :)
I'll give it a try  :)

Maybe all these features are a lil too much? It seems kinda confusing to have THAT many options. Maybe you can introduce them somewhere one at a time and give examples of schemes that use these options? In the WA forum of TUS for example?

It's the reason why I stick to my good old PSP version 5 or someshit even though I have Corel Painer 12 Pimpass edition  :-[ Just too many goddamn features  ;D

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2013, 01:48 AM »
you know what I want? I want levels for worms. For example on elite, as much damage worm did as much expirience he gain and level up. So his hp raise as well as attack dmg, i know its sounds like dota or other shit i dont play but exactly on worms that would be really fun. Elite with leveling up worms is seriously epic.
Most of the px stuff reminds me original gta 4 however..
you play with it 10 mins like wow this is epic and all but after that you are like goddamnit its cool and all but so boring that Ill get back to SA

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2013, 01:51 AM »
Just when I thought the cash cow had gone out to pasture.....

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2013, 02:40 AM »
Actually, it does sound really good, I might actually give Project X a try... Can you hook me up Pyro please?

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2013, 06:26 AM »
you know the main problem behind this is that px scripters work on their own enthusiasm, and asking them to implent ideas you want is kinda hopeless, they actually dont spend much time on realizing their own ideas they really like

Diego and GranPC  helped me did all the work bring life to some weapons back in the days of PX beta testing.

So you're not saying the truth because I cannot code for shit.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2013, 06:40 AM »

Maybe all these features are a lil too much? It seems kinda confusing to have THAT many options. Maybe you can introduce them somewhere one at a time and give examples of schemes that use these options? In the WA forum of TUS for example?

It's the reason why I stick to my good old PSP version 5 or someshit even though I have Corel Painer 12 Pimpass edition  :-[ Just too many goddamn features  ;D

Well yeah. The main problem with projectX forums - is that we have there a lot of topics about schemes, libs, maps. Some of them cool, some of them trololo offtopic (unfortunately admins and moderators inactive there now) and a lot of good topics are simply lost in the past.
And some schemes are really sh*t. And its kinda luck or unluck, when new wormer wants ty try ProjectX - he got stuck with "what the f*ck is this, what i should play, where is schemes, how does all this libs work, wtf stupid scheme i just played" etc etc etc.
THere are a lot of strategic-based schemes. Like Team-fortess, highlander, px kill the king etc. They are extremely interesting and well-done. We have good active scripter - Zed. He writes amazing scripts for strategical schemes.

So what we should do.. or what I should do - is summarize PX stuff, spread out on the shelves, cut most interesting schemes and libs, write how to operate them. And also first install of ProjectX - this also requires some additional topic.
When we will have that summarized schemes and libs with descriptions what does they do - i think this can be that way where PX will not be boring for most of us. Becouse its just about what you have tryed. And about does it fits your interests or not.

This weekend im going out of city, on river. But when i`ll back - i`ll try to handle this summarizing and descriptions stuff. So you guys will able to try what you want.
Saying about options.. its not rly that much of them when you host games. Its actually same, like hosting regular schemes: you choosing PX scheme, puts some map (if scheme requires specialy scripted maps) or just put regular map. And thats all - you ready to play. PX scheme already contain inside - WA scheme. So you don`t really have to adjust second WA scheme that has to work with PX one. So its same 2 stage principle as hosting usual games of Worms armageddon. Mostly, to choose some options of scheme - u just need another version of scheme with labled parameters.

So stay tuned, i will make PX topic when i`ll back home. Hopefully this will help to understand the power of ProjectX and to find the scheme and abilities that you really like.

@impo:
stealing health by atttack is not implemented, but as scripter i can tell you that its matter of 30-60 minutes to scrit that, test and improve/stabilize. But we already have cool scheme with different weaps for EACH worm (not team, notice) and killing that worm forces steal his weaps and to be a stronger worm and kill others and steal their weapons. Its really very popular scheme now and also has diffferent versions.

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2013, 06:43 AM »
you know the main problem behind this is that px scripters work on their own enthusiasm, and asking them to implent ideas you want is kinda hopeless, they actually dont spend much time on realizing their own ideas they really like

Diego and GranPC  helped me did all the work bring life to some weapons back in the days of PX beta testing.

So you're not saying the truth because I cannot code for shit.

I have made a topic on px forum about weaps ideas where we share ideas and realizing best of them.

Offline Triad

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2013, 08:39 AM »
if the all Team17 crew improve WA or improve W2 engine and create another awesome game, i ll post picture of my ass here :P

well about px, really gj guys. Btw i always wanna play something like boss fight in WA. For example there is a big shoppa map. And a boss have around 5000 hp. 3 or 5 crate drop like in kaos every 30 second. And you try to get crates with your rope and try beat that boss with those crates. That boss can be like Castlevania Aria of Sorrow bosses (Death, Head Hunter and Legion fits that boss profile imo)

Offline StepS

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2013, 10:39 AM »
lack of time, of course... and many other things. but myself I'd like to return to it (my long unreleased Dr Who mod that I may finish one day), as well as my existing creations like Painter and weapons (still didn't make a video for the Painter).

also hoping to see Entuser back, at least in August (when all the studies are done)... too bad I don't have his phone number to support him.

btw Pyro, I'm having a little problem. on this new laptop I use DPI scaling to make stuff bigger, but the PX editors dont seem to like it; all of the buttons go away off the window and can't be retrieved. well I can temporarily fix it with windowscanner by forcefully moving them inside, but it wont last long... (perhaps would only work for one script). maybe if there's no solution I'll create a wormkit module for the editors to automatically fix them in process... but I think it could be edited in the executable, just i dont have any experience
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2013, 01:01 PM »
@impo:
stealing health by atttack is not implemented
if something is not implemented, you can always implement it by your own!
maybe Im bad with all this PX scripting, but as a programmer I know what Im talking about :D
here's algorithm
start of the game: give to all worms such vars
XP # expirience, once it reach needed amount of XP it will level up worm, would be nice to show exp under healthbar but a bit tigher and smth simillar to it
Level # level of the worm, it can be showed somewhere over hp of worm, dunno
MaxHp # if there will be levels on usual elite worms will die in 2-3 turns and stay with level 2, maximum 3, so to make it more intresting it needs regenerations of hp, which is allow to get fat 10lvl worms, ofc it take much more time than usual elite but its incredibly fun, and Hp should be showed like that for example 50/100 (where 50 is current hp and 100 is max hp, so the worm will regenerate hp till it reach maximal)

start of the turn: count overall amount of opponent team hp, for example variable StartHp

after attack: count it once again, AttackHp for example, and if StartHp!=AttackHp
you just add to XP this StartHp-AttackHp
and after this StartHp=AttackHp
if XP > 40+Level*10 then XP=0; Level=Level+1 #(or how this work on PX? Level+=1? SetVariable(Level, Level+1)? dunno lol) to level up you need to make 50 hp damage, after that 60, 70 etc
And MaxHp=MaxHp+5

end of the turn: to each worm
if Hp<MaxHp then Hp+=3 #(3 is not that fast and not really slow which make it intresting also once the worm get skunked it will slowly die by loosing 2 hp instead of regenerating, pretty cool)
you can also make if Hp>MaxHp then Hp=MaxHp #to limit the Hp which can get over maximum

Thats all. Really not much, the only thing I dont know how to implement is damage from weapons which is depends on what level your worms have, for example +10% to the overall damage each level, so shotgun takes 55 dmg on level2 and 100 on level10
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 01:04 PM by Impossible »

Offline Casso

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2013, 01:18 PM »
@impo:
maybe Im bad with all this PX scripting, but as a programmer I know what Im talking about :D
here's algorithm
XP # expirience, once it reach needed amount of XP it will level up worm, would be nice to show exp under healthbar but a bit tigher and smth simillar to it
MaxHp # if there will be levels on usual elite worms will die in 2-3 turns and stay with level 2, maximum 3, so to make it more intresting it needs regenerations of hp, which is allow to get fat 10lvl worms, ofc it take much more time than usual elite but its incredibly fun, and Hp should be showed like that for example 50/100 (where 50 is current hp and 100 is max hp, so the worm will regenerate hp till it reach maximal)

start of the turn: count overall amount of opponent team hp, for example variable StartHp

after attack: count it once again, AttackHp for example, and if StartHp!=AttackHp
if XP > 40+Level*10 then XP=0; Level=Level+1 #(or how this work on PX? Level+=1? SetVariable(Level, Level+1)? dunno lol) to level up you need to make 50 hp damage, after that 60, 70 etc
And MaxHp=MaxHp+5

if Hp<MaxHp then Hp+=3 #(3 is not that fast and not really slow which make it intresting also once the worm get skunked it will slowly die by loosing 2 hp instead of regenerating, pretty cool)
you can also make if Hp>MaxHp then Hp=MaxHp #to limit the Hp which can get over maximum

Thats all. Really not much, the only thing I dont know how to implement is damage from weapons which is depends on what level your worms have, for example +10% to the overall damage each level, so shotgun takes 55 dmg on level2 and 100 on level10

This reminds me games such as League of Legends but it's a really good idea xD
it's just hard to program

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2013, 02:03 PM »
@impo:
here's algorithm

And MaxHp=MaxHp+5

This reminds me games such as League of Legends but it's a really good idea xD
But its turn-based!! And its still elite!! Its not like most of the PX features which is damn cool and all but doesnt really useful for anything, this is brand-new awesome scheme!!1

and yea i dont think its hard to program, after all there is alot of complicated stuff, even small weapons sometimes have much harder code

Offline StepS

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2013, 02:41 PM »
the explosion procedure can be hooked and the damage value overridden accordingly before proceeding to explode
the handgun weapons do a bit of a different explosion, which is not really an explosion (called M_GUNEXP), I just don't remember if there was something else
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2013, 02:58 PM »
the explosion procedure can be hooked and the damage value overridden accordingly before proceeding to explode
the handgun weapons do a bit of a different explosion, which is not really an explosion (called M_GUNEXP), I just don't remember if there was something else
how about weaps like fire punch which doesnt really make explosion but damage worm after touching his mask instead, could this be controlled as well?

Offline StepS

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2013, 03:16 PM »
how about weaps like fire punch which doesnt really make explosion but damage worm after touching his mask instead, could this be controlled as well?
yea, it's a basic hook of the game's messages, you check the needed message (this case is M_GUNEXP, it deals non-explosion damage), and check/replace the param which responds for value of health. all you need to know is where this param is, but it's not hard to find out with the analyzer script (it prints out some infos about the game, so you could see where something happens)
[...]